This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Games You are Currently Playing

Comments

• Problem with attempting to time it is that you get no feedback to signal the end of one animation and readying for the next. Even if you try to time things correctly there is marked beat in the rhythm so you're flying blind.
    You do realize that it's meant to be one long sequence of chained animations, right? It isn't Punch, wait, kick, wait, etc, you're meant to, ideally, drop every guy in the group in one long series of simple moves - pay attention to everyone, and counter when they try to hit you, otherwise, just hit the guy till either someone else comes up to you, or he goes to the ground, then without even waiting for the animation to finish, go to the next guy. It will follow on with you, don't worry.
  • edited January 2011
    My current strategy is to whirlwind round the room getting one or two hits off on each guy (As long as it takes me to be mobbed by the rest.). I try to avoid countering as it only works about half the times I try.

I've been able to handle fighting fine but it feels like such wasted potential that they made it so unresponsive. The weird thing is that some attacks do go really fast into each other, just not attack sequence into counter.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • I picked up Breach last night for PC; I need some more time with it but it's kind of meh. I had to change something in a .ini file just to get the mouse working right in game, the graphics are rather underwhelming, and the unlocking system is dumb (ie: a kill = 5 xp, and you need 5000 xp to unlock the first gun for a class.) I have a feeling that because of the unlocking system the game will soon be incredibly broken due to balance since the default class starts with only a gun, while later unlocks give you gadgets and perks in addition to guns.
  • I try to avoid countering as it only works about half the times I try.
    That's a definite timing issue - my tip is just to go to the brawling mode in extras and work on your timing for counters - I used to have trouble, but now I'll hardly ever miss it.
  • Graphwar is fun.
  • HL2EP1 is wicked short. Would not buy it for over four bucks.
  • edited January 2011
    Graphwar is fun.
    Anyone want to try it with me?
    Tutorial here. jmerm posted about it in the Boo-Yah thread a while back and I was intrigued; got around to trying it more today.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • So it turns out that after Ivy you go onto the final boss. That was sudden.
    All in all, not bad.

In other news: I didn't realise that Breach is actually the remains of Six Days in Fallujah.
  • Wind Waker. I am playing it..
  • In other news: I didn't realise that Breach is actually the remains of Six Days in Fallujah.
    It's not, they are still working on Six Days in Fallujah.
  • Ilomilo is a very cute and incredibly clever puzzle platformer.
  • Wind Waker. I am playing it..
    Kewl. It's good. You'll like it.
  • So is anyone else playing Magicka? It seems like it'd be a lot of fun with a good group of people.
  • So is anyone else playing Magicka? It seems like it'd be a lot of fun with a good group of people.
    It's fun, but broken in many ways.
    I'm considering buying it, I could be swayed either way at this point.
  • I am confident that Magicka will be good after some more patching. It already works better network-wise than many other games that have had network fail.
  • Yeah, the skeleton of the game is pretty great. It definitely just needs a bit more time, but it'll get there.

Did you guys buy the game, or did you just play the demo?
  • Did you guys buy the game, or did you just play the demo?
    We all bought it.
  • I am confident that Magicka will be good after some more patching. It already works better network-wise than many other games that have had network fail.
    My little brother was talking to me about this game. Do you think it's worth buying now, or wait until it's patched?
  • edited January 2011
    I am confident that Magicka will be good after some more patching. It already works better network-wise than many other games that have had network fail.
    My little brother was talking to me about this game. Do you think it's worth buyingnow, or wait until it's patched?
    It's being patched every day.

UPDATE: I just researched. Since steam doesn't work weekends, Monday will be the huge patch. If it's good after the Monday patch, then get it.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • So, word of Scott: Buy or pass?
  • edited January 2011
    Hmm. $10 isn't too bad.
    Seems interesting, and it might be reasonable to play with you guys with Australian ping, although it might be best to get my friends over here to buy it and play it with them.

I guess I'll keep an eye on this game.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • I've gotten $10 out of Magicka already. But Andrew is right: It is broken in many ways.
  • Like what ways
  • I picked up Breach last night for PC; I need some more time with it but it's kind of meh. I had to change something in a .ini file just to get the mouse working right in game, the graphics are rather underwhelming, and the unlocking system is dumb (ie: a kill = 5 xp, and you need 5000 xp to unlock the first gun for a class.) I have a feeling that because of the unlocking system the game will soon be incredibly broken due to balance since the default class starts with only a gun, while later unlocks give you gadgets and perks in addition to guns.
    Aw, damn. I saw this the other day and thought it looked at least somewhat interesting, but now it seems like they took everything I hate about CoD, but left all of its redeeming qualities, and condensed it into one shitty-ass game. The destruction mechanic seemed kinda interesting, does that at least work well?
    Aw, damn. I saw this the other day and thought it looked at least somewhat interesting, but now it seems like they took everything I hate about CoD, but left all of its redeeming qualities, and condensed it into one shitty-ass game. The destruction mechanic seemed kinda interesting, does that at least work well?
    I only played an hour on launch day, so I can't say too much. I want to put more time into it this weekend (hopefully they'll have fixed some of the problems by then like dedicated servers not working.) But from what I've played I haven't really seen it used in an interesting way, however this could mainly be the levels/modes I played or that no one had figured out how to use them effectively yet.
  • Like what ways
    There are frequent slowdowns and framerate stutters. There are spots on the map where you can stuck (there's a well at the end of Chapter 3. Do not go near it). It is possible to get knocked down, surrounded, and not get back up no matter what buttons you push. Some of the animations are too small or subtle to see on a large monitor -- for instance, it's hard to tell when you're wet, and that limits what spells you can cast. Enemies can arbitrarily knock you halfway across the map and off a cliff. Aiming spells is flawed; many fly off target no matter how precise you aim. The airship level ended for me on one try, but the ship just kept on flying. I had to restart an entire chapter. There was a graphical bug that completely obscured the splash and menu screens for me the other night, making it impossible to navigate.
  • Very informative. Thanks.
  • edited January 2011
    There are frequent slowdowns and framerate stutters. There are spots on the map where you can stuck (there's a well at the end of Chapter 3. Do not go near it). It is possible to get knocked down, surrounded, and not get back up no matter what buttons you push. Some of the animations are too small or subtle to see on a large monitor -- for instance, it's hard to tell when you're wet, and that limits what spells you can cast. Enemies can arbitrarily knock you halfway across the map and off a cliff. Aiming spells is flawed; many fly off target no matter how precise you aim. The airship level ended for me on one try, but the ship just kept on flying. I had to restart an entire chapter. There was a graphical bug that completely obscured the splash and menu screens for me the other night, making it impossible to navigate.
    So, wait? That's what I'm thinking. Any compelling reason to jump in right now?
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on