This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Games You are Currently Playing

Comments

• I think that's because they're hawking Europa Universalis III: Divine Wind for $20.
    My friends and I didn't bother with Divine Wind. Will probably pick it up when it goes on sale. Here is the demo, although I cannot attest to the quality of it. While the game itself is great, it can crash from time to time. However, if you set up autosaving, it shouldn't be a big deal.
  • EUIII: Complete is "holy learning curve batman".
  • EUIII: Complete is "holy learning curve batman".
    This is very true, my first few attempts at games were just me trying to prevent my country from entering crippling debt within the first five years.
  • Europa Universalis III is a wonderful grand strategy game that provides the multiplayer strategy that Civ V didn't deliver.
    People are playing Europa Universalis 3 on the forum. I am so happy. ^_^
    Do you guys want to play some multiplayer sometime? Me, Gunter and Justin have copies too.
    EDIT: I just realized that EU3 Complete isn't complete because it doesn't include Heir to the Throne or Divine Wind. WTF people.
    Honestly, they thought they were done, but the community clamored for more, and now we are here 4 expansions in. But don't fret, each expansion provides massive changes to gameplay and graphics. Each expansion is very much worth it, especially when it's on sale.
    EUIII: Complete is "holy learning curve batman".
    This is very true, my first few attempts at games were just me trying to prevent my country from entering crippling debt within the first five years.
    Yeah, it can be hard at the start, especially if you start as a very small country, there are only two stable points economically, small nation and large nation, medium nations quickly become one or the other if they don't get annexed outright.
  • Having a hard time with Arkam Asylum due to pressing ABXY in the Nintendo arrangement.
  • edited January 2011
    Edit: Wrong thread, sorry
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • I beat Uncharted today and started on Uncharted 2. Man, when Kevin Butler said that playing that game is like watching a movie, he wasn't kidding.
  • Magicka is fun but has some memory issues. Also, some of its hit detection between spells and enemies is a little iffy, and many of the spells seem extraneous. That's not to say it isn't fun so far... just that it could use some work. Perhaps multiplayer will be better. It is fun to mix and match elements to find new spell recipes. I'm hoping that pays off more in terms of exploration than it has so far. The first three levels have been more River City Ransom with magic.
  • I just ordered a copy of Shinobi more or less because of Dave Riley. Also, it was only 3 bucks.
  • My major problem with Magicka is the aim. I click on a bad guy to shoot him, but the bad guy moves before the spell goes off. You can't adjust aim while firing, so you have to stop and reload the spell again.
  • looks like they are aggressively patching the game.
  • Also, my #1 concern right now is saving co-op games. We played last night, and Andrew's Internet crapped out. I'm not positive we can pick up where we left off.
  • I'm not positive we can pick up where we left off.
    We can. Additionally, you can play single player saves in multiplayer and vice versa.
  • We can. Additionally, you can play single player saves in multiplayer and vice versa.
    Well, I don't have a save of our game yesterday. Do you?
  • Well, I don't have a save of our game yesterday. Do you?
    Yes.
  • Well, I don't have a save of our game yesterday. Do you?
    Yes.
    Whew.
  • Valve suspended my Steam account because apparently it has been the target of teh haxx0rs. Now I have to go through a support ticket process to reclaim the account. If I do not get it back, I will be severely put out.
  • Valve suspended my Steam account because apparently it has been the target of teh haxx0rs. Now I have to go through a support ticket process to reclaim the account. If I do not get it back, I will beseverely put out.
    Maybe you will learn your lesson and not get haxx0red next time.
  • Speaking of Steam and hacking has anyone else been using Steam Achievement Manager? It's a lot of fun for editing your stats in Killing Floor.
  • Valve suspended my Steam account because apparently it has been the target of teh haxx0rs. Now I have to go through a support ticket process to reclaim the account. If I do not get it back, I will beseverely put out.
    Yea, you were sending me ads over IM it was pretty funny
    Yea, you were sending me ads over IM it was pretty funny
    Heh, I got those too. I was going to e-mail Jason with a quote from his spambot, but I lost it from my paste buffer.
  • Space Invaders: Infinity Gene is a game where I can play crazy twitch shooter Space Invader levels based off of Daft Punk music. In other words, BEST. THING. EVER.
  • edited January 2011
    Speaking of Steam and hacking has anyone else been using Steam Achievement Manager? It's a lot of fun for editing your stats in Killing Floor.
    Oh u
    Space Invaders: Infinity Gene is a game where I can play crazy twitch shooter Space Invader levels based off of Daft Punk music. In other words, BEST. THING. EVER.
    That game is so awesome.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • My major problem with Magicka is the aim. I click on a bad guy to shoot him, but the bad guy moves before the spell goes off. You can't adjust aim while firing, so you have to stop and reload the spell again.
    You can adjust aim while casting a beam, it's just really slow. You gotta either lead the target, or position yourself so the target isn't moving oblique to you.
  • Anyone play MNC on PC yet? Should I buy it?
    You don't click ON the bad guy. You click in their direction.

Plus, the run-and-gun aspect of Magicka adds to its frantic gameplay. It makes sense that you'd have implement positional consideration when casting your spells.
  • Batman continues good, I like the climbing and stealth bits but combat is pretty dire. It looks awesome but is really in need of letting you cancel more of your attacks other than "attack one guy into attack another guy".
    The worst bit is that, much of the time, it makes you feel like the combat system isn't functioning; Trying any of the special attacks is really hit or miss.
  • Steam account issues are sorted. Sorry to those of you who got spammed.
  • Batman continues good, I like the climbing and stealth bits but combat is pretty dire. It looks awesome but is really in need of letting you cancel more of your attacks other than "attack one guy into attack another guy".
    The worst bit is that, much of the time, it makes you feel like the combat system isn't functioning; Trying any of the special attacks is really hit or miss.
    You don't have the hang of it? Essentially, it's all about timing and direction - You want to be "moving" towards the guy you want to hit, and press the button just before you want to attack. Don't hammer on the button, it gets you nowhere. Counter-attacks will only not cancel your current attacker - as long as you don't time it wildly wrong - if you're doing a ground takedown. Special attacks, you have to use when you can - for example, the instant takedown, you have to use on an enemy who is either standing, or just fallen, and the throw is much the same - but you have to be quite close in both cases. Also, don't forget about your quick batarangs and quick bat-claw, which are quite helpful in letting you focus laying down the hate on one particular guy.
  • Problem with attempting to time it is that you get no feedback to signal the end of one animation and readying for the next. Even if you try to time things correctly there is marked beat in the rhythm so you're flying blind.

Maybe it hasn't clicked with me yet, though it feels they decided how they wanted fighting to look first and how it would actually play later.