This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Games You are Currently Playing

Comments

• You are crazy and wrong. Fist of the Northstar is the most highbrow.

• Be careful or you will become pretensious.
    Scott already seemed pretentious to me, but if there's something I don't know that proves me wrong, please, let me know.

• If you do not take my advice, you are not allowed to talk about video games.
    Fine, I'm gonna go back to watching Korra. :P
  • Scott doesn't like Firefly. Ergo, Scott is wrong about everything.
  • I disagree, he's entitled to opinions.
    (I know you're just joking, but I think boiling this argument down to that accomplishes nothing.)
  • Scott doesn't like Firefly. Ergo, Scott is wrong about everything.
    Can we keep saying Rubin, just so I am not confused with the blasphemer.
    (I know you're just joking, but I think boiling this argument down to that accomplishes nothing.)
    Being entitled to an opinion can't save you from being wrong.
    He isn't wrong about disliking Firefly.

Media is never objectively good. You just enjoy it or you don't. End of story.

He isn't wrong about disliking Firefly.
    Media is never objectively good. You just enjoy it or you don't. End of story.
    We already had this argument in the Hats thread; your side lost. More importantly, though, Scott himself says media can be objectively good, so he can be judged on those standards.

However, this depends on whether he says Firefly is bad, or just that he dislikes it - I would guess that it's the latter. If so, then yes, he can't be "wrong" about disliking Firefly (unless he's lying), but he can still be wrong about everything else.
  • I just don't care. I'm not a video game nerd like Rubin (yes, "nerd"). I just play fun games with my friends.
  • He isn't wrong about disliking Firefly.
    Yes he is.

He's also wrong for calling himself a gamer and not playing Dark Souls.
  • He's also wrong for calling himself a gamer and not playing Dark Souls.
    But he must first play Demon Souls to be able to appreciate how much better Dark Souls is.

• He's also wrong for calling himself a gamer and not playing Dark Souls.
    But he must first play Demon Souls to be able to appreciate how much better Dark Souls is.

Dark Souls is the harder of the two and thusly superior, or something... I was going to say it's coming to the PC soon but apparently not:/

http://blogs.bettor.com/Dark-Souls-PC-port-is-proving-problematic-for-dev-PC-Gaming-News-a163535http://blogs.bettor.com/Dark-Souls-PC-port-is-proving-problematic-for-dev-PC-Gaming-News-a163535http://blogs.bettor.com/Dark-Souls-PC-port-is-proving-problematic-for-dev-PC-Gaming-News-a163535
  • Dark Souls is the harder of the two and thusly superior, or something... I was going to say it's coming to the PC soon but apparently not:/

http://blogs.bettor.com/Dark-Souls-PC-port-is-proving-problematic-for-dev-PC-Gaming-News-a163535
    I know that Dark Souls is superor. I was poking fun of Scott's "you must first play original Zelda to appreciate Link to the Past" -thing.

• Technically, if you could go back to the time Demon's Souls first came out and no-one knew what to make of it, you would have the best experience.
  • I know that Dark Souls is superor. I was poking fun of Scott's "you must first play original Zelda to appreciate Link to the Past" -thing.
    Ohhhhhhh! I gotcha :)

• My ancient Japanese Pokemons. Let me show you them.
  • Looks like I'll be playing DayZ now. Hello sick day, how are you?
  • OMG. The bad guy is Nobunaga himself.
  • edited June 2012
    OMG. The bad guy is Nobunaga himself.
    Isn't he always?
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
    Isn't he always?
    Yeah, but this level of fanservice in an official Nintendo product. I am very surprised. Next month they'll be releasing Advance Wars: Mushroom Kingdom.

• Oh god, this game is fucking awesome.
  • edited June 2012
    Nobunaga!? That's pretty awesome.
    I bet it would be better if he had lines voiced by Norio Wakamoto, though (like in the Sengoku Basara anime).
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
    Wait... Didn't you already know that? The fact that it was Nobunaga was the main reason I wanted the game in the first place. ;^)
  • edited June 2012
    I guess he just bought the game without looking it up, since it's pretty obvious from just the Wikipedia page.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • I actually went in expecting to be playing Nobunaga, silly me.
  • HOLY FUCK RECEIVER IS THE BEST $5 I'VE SPENT.
  • HOLY FUCK RECEIVER IS THE BEST $5 I'VE SPENT.
    I wouldn't go that far, but it's a damn fine tech demo. There's nothing so satisfying as when you finally learn how to remove a clip, insert a new one, pull back the slide and start blasting again, all in one smooth action. The R key can go get fucked.
  • If you have a round chambered, make sure you hold down the slide lock to prevent it from cycling.
  • If you have a round chambered, make sure you hold down the slide lock to prevent it from cycling.
    Yeah, I screw that up all the time. I just go and pick up the stray bullet later. Baby steps.