This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Games You are Currently Playing

Comments

• edited July 2012
    Its only like $150 to unlock everything with gold in Tribes.
    Per player.

I'm not looking to play a game gimped, nor am I looking to play a game against gimped players.

If an "unlocked" server could be had at a reasonable price (even a slight premium over a normal custom server)... they could maybe tempt me.
    Post edited by Anthony Heman on
  • Its only like $150 to unlock everything with gold in Tribes.
    Sounds reasonable.
    Per player.

I'm not looking to play a game gimped, nor am I looking to play a game against gimped players.

If an "unlocked" server could be had at a reasonable price (even a slight premium over a normal custom server)... they could maybe tempt me.
    Pay to win is crap, but there's maybe something to be said for teamwork and strategizing instead of the usual free for all..?
  • RymRym
    edited July 2012
    "Only" $150?

Post edited by Rym on
    Until they release the next update pack, at least.
    Per player.

Pay to win is crap, but there's maybe something to be said for teamwork and strategizing instead of the usual free for all..?
    I'm not sure what that has to do with my post.

• I'm saying that gimped players might overcome "paid to win" players in numbers. I don't know about Ascend specifically.

I don't know what teamwork is like in the Steam community these days, but on console, it's like herding cats. That's not in the spirit of the game and it would give "paid to win" players a HUGE advantage if they only have to pick off a loose collection of lone wolves rather than a cohesive group of players supporting one another.

Now if one whole TEAM is gimped and the other, not, that's something else.
  • http://www.tekkithost.com/pricing.php looks pretty good to me. 1gb of ram with Tekkit set-up for 12.95.

Also, we can use "tekkit10" as a coupon code for %10 off.
  • I don't know what teamwork is like in the Steam community these days, but on console, it's like herding cats.
    Teamwork in Tribs Abscond? You'd have better luck finding hens teeth or rocking horse shit.
  • http://www.tekkithost.com/pricing.php looks pretty good to me. 1gb of ram with Tekkit set-up for 12.95.

Also, we can use "tekkit10" as a coupon code for %10 off.
    For $12.95 I'd just pay the whole thing and let you folks on it. One caveat is that I have to make sure it (Minecraft + mods) will run on my daughter's laptop first.

• I'm saying that gimped players might overcome "paid to win" players in numbers. I don't know about Ascend specifically.

I don't know what teamwork is like in the Steam community these days, but on console, it's like herding cats. That's not in the spirit of the game and it would give "paid to win" players a HUGE advantage if they only have to pick off a loose collection of lone wolves rather than a cohesive group of players supporting one another.

Now if one whole TEAM is gimped and the other, not, that's something else.
    Yeah, sure, a good player with no advantage can beat a bad player with no advantages.

Derp derp.

That's entirely besides the point.
  • That's not at all what I said.
  • You're addressing me like your argument has anything to do with what I'm talking about still.
    Until they release the next update pack, at least.
    Yeah, but then it's only another $20-$75 tops.
  • SPAECE MARRINNS!!!
  • I'd be down for the Tekkit server.
  • Cheat mode seems to be the default for Tekkit. Hmmm.
  • I'd be up for a Tekkit server, especially if we could separate into different nations and start a nuclear war with one another.
  • I didn't realize that PC dark souls has more shit... goddamnit.
  • Muppet, did you already pay for the server?
  • No, just running Tekkit locally and checking it out.

Sadly, Minecraft won't run on my daughter's laptop (too slow) and so a lot of my impetus is gone until I can upgrade her.
  • If you guys need a dedicated admin, I've got quite a lot of experience as a dedicated admin on Bukkit servers.
  • The breakfast club is currently playing the new Payday the Heist mission, No Mercy, where it crosses over with L4D2.
  • Has anyone else found that Saints Row the Third arbitrarily changes windows volume mixer settings? I can't listen to anything while playing.
  • edited July 2012
    Has anyone else found that Saints Row the Third arbitrarily changes windows volume mixer settings? I can't listen to anything while playing.
    That game has a great soundtrack. Why would you want to listen to anything else (unless its Power by Kenye West on repeat, then I'd totally understand).

On a more helpful note: sounds like it is a common issue

see what I did there?
    Post edited by DevilUknow on
  • edited July 2012
    Has anyone else found that Saints Row the Third arbitrarily changes windows volume mixer settings? I can't listen to anything while playing.
    That game has a great soundtrack. Why would you want to listen to anything else (unless its Power by Kenye West on repeat, then I'd totally understand).
    The two things I've tried to listen to are geeknights (wanted a listen but also wanted something to do (saints row)) and a Yoko Kanno soundtrack. I think Yoko Kanno soundtracks win over Saints Row soundtracks.

Post edited by Pegu on
  • Do penguins count as puffins or are they a different species?
    Different species, different families, different order, different class. They look alike, but they're apparently quite different.
    Different species, different families, different order, different class. They look alike, but they're apparently quite different.
    Perfect demonstration of using Wikipedia (even if you didn't).
  • Played Dear Esther, it's an interesting distraction and a really interesting exercise in what different kinds of things your mind focuses on when there isn't the usual supply of action you get in some games. I never realised how unrealistic most geology in games is.