This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Games You are Currently Playing

Comments

• I like phase locking hard mobs to kill things. It helps especially for those who take fire damage. I'm currently going Cataclysm for her. I don't find her boring at all.
  • Well if Penny Arcade uttered it, it must be gospel.
  • I enjoy getting new loot. That's just me.

Also, the writing is hysterical, as juvenile as it is.

It also gives me all the feels later on in the story.
  • Anyways, I've just started SpaceChem. How the fuck did lackofcheese get 46 cycles on that first puzzle?
    Hehe.
    I'd forgotten how I did it, so I went back and now I have it down to 45 ^_~
  • I went Zero in single player, but I don't really play with anyone in the same country, so I'll probably go either siren or commando for multiplayer.
  • Commando is a good team player. My turret(s) right now is a fantastic killing machine.
  • Commando is a good team player. My turret(s) right now is a fantastic killing machine.
    I was thinking mostly around lag - I played a pretty fantastic mordecai in BL1, with my ludicrous rifle and my world-destroying shotgun-revolver, but even with the best gear and the best skills, the lag makes it mighty hard to play as the sniper, but I can manage commando or siren - that's the entire thinking behind it, really.

• Gunzerker is best class. Name a better set of skills in a shooter than "shoot more bullets out of more guns more effectively"
  • A class all about explosives.
  • I'm a level 17 Siren now, and basically the game for me, comes down to this:

Solo - kind of boring.
    Co-op - INFINITE FUN!

It's that black and white for me.
  • edited October 2012
    I'm a level 17 Siren now, and basically the game for me, comes down to this:

Solo - kind of boring.
    Co-op - INFINITE FUN!

It's that black and white for me.
    I just hit 42 and I feel like I'm just throwing myself into a wall unless I do content that's too low for me.

Playing co-op is the only way to go past 30 or so. It feels like a lot of the missions were designed with more than one person in mind, especially in PT2.
    Post edited by Vhdblood on
  • I got up to 35 relatively easily. Are you sure it's just that you havn't found properly leveled overpowered guns yet? That's usually where I get slowed down. Gotta go farm some boss or easy chest a few times to get OP again. Can't wait to abuse the highlands chest when I hit the proper level (probably your range).
    Rym and Scott just like to remind people that there are only about 5 video games they like to play :P
  • I got up to 35 relatively easily. Are you sure it's just that you havn't found properly leveled overpowered guns yet? That's usually where I get slowed down. Gotta go farm some boss or easy chest a few times to get OP again. Can't wait to abuse the highlands chest when I hit the proper level (probably your range).
    I farmed the chest by the Wilhelm fast-travel spot at least 40 times and only got 5 blues. Then I started checking it and killing Wilhelm because he's easy and still got junk.

I think that if this game that gives totally random loot for the most part, and you need certain random things to progress, than that's kinda silly.

It also might be because I'm a Zero/Assassin, so it's just harder for me to solo.
  • Farming chests is something I just don't understand. Why do so many gamers seem to prefer gaming the meta-game to immersion?

The assassin doesn't seem meant for solo much like the Hunter really wasn't.
  • I think that if this game that gives totally random loot for the most part, and you need certain random things to progress, than that's kinda silly.
    I am absolutely with you on this, and that is why I don't give fucks about the loot and find the easiest abuses I can to minimize loot farming time and spend more time putting bullets into things.

It's also a difficult balance because the games difficulty scales with these numbers, so if you're too overgeared = boring, or too undergeared = difficult to the point of tedium.

That said, this means you should have access to this chest:

Which should be approximately your level in gear I think. And it's relatively quick.
  • Farming chests is something I just don't understand. Why do so many gamers seem to prefer gaming the meta-game to immersion?

I prefer the actual game, as opposed to the meta game of the guns. I think you're confused on your statement.
    Rym and Scott just like to remind people that there are only about 5 video games they like to play :P
    And three of them haven't been made yet.

• I dunno about BL2, but in 1 I never got stuck because I was loot screwed. Then again I tend to find every shoebox in every corner.

I prefer the actual game, as opposed to the meta game of the guns. I think you're confused on your statement.
    Not at all. I prefer taking what loot I earn by playing the game as immersively/close to RP as possible. Mindlessly opening and re-opening the same chest is Meta gaming.

• edited October 2012
    Farming chests is something I just don't understand. Why do so many gamers seem to prefer gaming the meta-game to immersion?

Not at all. I prefer taking what loot I earn by playing the game as immersively/close to RP as possible. Mindlessly opening and re-opening the same chest is Meta gaming.

By spending 10 minutes farming chests, or 2 minutes cheating the game or something else, a person avoids having to farm trivial content in order to play the actual game. I'm maximizing my time being able to play the real-game.

This comes back to my earlier point that I don't want to waste time turning the number 1000 into the number 1500 in order to get maximum fun out of my game.
    Post edited by Anthony Heman on
  • In the case that I get stuck with a bum gun, I just play with the handicap. I've never had to repeat an area more than 3 times. Part of the game, for me.
  • Katie and I are currently playing Castlevania: SOTN. You don't need me to tell you how fantastic it is. She's a lot further ahead than I am since she got to play all day yesterday while I was at work and band practice.

She also picked up Borderlands 1 to try it out. I've never really had interest in it cause I'm not that much of a FPS guy, but she loves shooting things.
  • Am I the only person having a FUCKTON of fun playing Zero/Assassin solo? Seriously, sniper rifles for long distance, melee/the awesome special ability for close-range picking off weaker enemies, and anything else for running the fuck away. Hell, I'm only level 17 and shit is already indeed quite cash.
  • edited October 2012
    Am I the only person having a FUCKTON of fun playing Zero/Assassin solo? Seriously, sniper rifles for long distance, melee/the awesome special ability for close-range picking off weaker enemies, and anything else for running the fuck away. Hell, I'm only level 17 and shit is already indeed quite cash.
    Hell yeah! I'm almost contemptuously picking people off while they plink away at me with stormtrooper levels of accuracy. For bonus fun, I'll just pop a goliath's helmet off, and watch him massacre everything in sight for me. Get up close, and out comes the shotgun, sword and holographic decoys.

Post edited by Churba on
  • edited October 2012
    Which should be approximately your level in gear I think. And it's relatively quick.
    Good call!

Post edited by Vhdblood on
  • Which of the XCOMs should one play firstly?
  • edited October 2012
    Which of the XCOMs should one play firstly?
    X-COM: UFO Defense might be the one you should play ONLY. I suggest reading a manual first.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Hrmmm. Steam doesn't give those. To the internets, I go!