This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Games You are Currently Playing

Comments

• I loooove Game Grumps
    Oh it's a Gamsmash!

• Oh so the Yoshi's Island red tinted coins was a SNES only feature. The GBA version did not have this.

I feel better now :)
  • Yeah. I was just playing it today and did not notice. I don't feel bad either!
  • Yeah, I was playing the GBA version and was going to say the same. Yay!
  • Picked up the Silent Hill HD Collection and Silent Hill 2 is just as fucking terrifying as it used to be.
  • On top of Borderlands 2 I am playing Half-Life for the fourth (fifth?) time. Maybe I can finally finish that game.
  • edited September 2012
    I just finished Charles Barkley, Shut Up and Jam! Gaiden. That game can slam with the best.

I also managed to lose a game of FTL on easy within two seconds of killing the final boss. I shouted loudly at my computer.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • Borderlands 2: FUCK that fight against Wilhelm. We must have died like 6 times. His adds kept spawning and the stupid shield planes kept replenishing his shields and some of them had shields!

I really like the game in many aspects. You don't get a lot of money as before, but you get Eridium for SDU capacity upgrades.

I also like how they are bringing the previous game's characters into the story line.

I also noticed that I have yet to see any shields that regenerate health. At least I found a good Siren class mod that regenerates health.
  • Renegade Ops is ok for £2.50 but I still don't think many western developers can tighten up controls enough for shmups.
  • I beat Wilhelm first time. Moop?

Also, one of Axton's first-tier skills causes health regen, so I'm guessing that'll be from skills now.
  • Just finished Darksiders.

It, uh, it wasn't the best game I've ever played. Taking the tack of 'if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all', I'll just state that I thought all of the character designs were really cool, and you get to punch Satan in the kidneys about 50 times while he quivers on the ground like a bitch (and then, shitting you not, crosses the bishounen line into a much sexier and humanoid final form - I don't play a lot of single player games anymore - is this still a thing they all do?).

Aside from that, combat, puzzles, difficulty, plot - okayish. I didn't know I'd get to hear Mark Hamill's Joker voice hissing snide comments at me for 13 hours, so that was a plus.
  • Now I am curious if there are any shields that regenerate health. I may have to re-evaluate how I was going to set up skills.
  • Now I am curious if there are any shields that regenerate health. I may have to re-evaluate how I was going to set up skills.
    Can't you just respec for really cheap, like the first one? I loved that. I respected almost every time I played, like a pre-game ritual. It was so cheap and fast.

Likewise, he was actually my easiest boss fight so far I think. I downed him in under a minute, but I had a corrosive auto pistol that was a bit over powered for that level.
    Likewise, he was actually my easiest boss fight so far I think. I downed him in under a minute, but I had a corrosive auto pistol that was a bit over powered for that level.
    I had nothing corrosive yet, I just used my turret and fired away. Wheeee.

• Can't you just respec for really cheap, like the first one? I loved that. I respected almost every time I played, like a pre-game ritual. It was so cheap and fast.
    I am not sure but I think you can. I have not gotten far enough to worry about it yet, I just had an idea already of how I wanted it but I can adjust it easily. I tended to not change mine in the first game.
  • Well we are playing Assassin/Siren combo. I dunno. It was difficult for us. Those adds were ridiculous. We made sure to take out the legs of any Explosion bots, but we're done with that fight and moving onto the next.

Tiny Tina is an interesting character. The shit she says is just plain silly.

I also loved the Top Gun side quest.
  • I also loved the Top Gun side quest.
  • edited September 2012
    Me and my friend got the ball rolling with a Commando/Gunzerker combo. Only in the first area but it was so much fun, brought all the memories flooding back.

I'll be Commando for our play through and try both Siren and Assassin to LVL 10 and then decide on which of THOSE I want to play with random online-ers and just general game hoping.
    Post edited by InvaderREN on
  • I will say that I like the Maya's Siren ability of Phaselocking more than Lilith's Phasewalk.

Phaselocking whatever Badass or Suicide character then unleashing my SMG onto them is a sight to see. Numbers everywhere!
  • The phaselock instant revive might be one of the most helpful skills ever. It has worked extremely well in every group I've played with.

I maxed my phaselock increase rate of fire and damage but using a pistol with a high capacity. Usually pistols have the same strength or better than SMGs from what I've noticed but if you can find one that has a high capacity clip then you can effectively shoot about as fast as you can click thus getting about the same effect as an SMG but it is much more accurate.
  • Yeah, instant res is my favorite group skill. I'm going for Reaper next though because 40% damage for a sizeable chunk of bosses and up-front on the first shot on weak enemies is probably useful. I hope.
  • Finished Half-Life and while it was fun I have to say fuck platforming in a first-person shooter.
  • Finished Half-Life and while it was fun I have to say fuck platforming in a first-person shooter.
    I said the same thing the very first time I played Half-Life 1, but by the end I was OK with it. Now I will never say such a stupid thing because Portal.
  • I said the same thing the very first time I played Half-Life 1, but by the end I was OK with it. Now I will never say such a stupid thing because Portal.
    Yeah, Portal did do it right. I think I will play Portal now to clense my palate. I was going to play Opposing Force but it seems that has more of the parts I disliked and I am not sure if it has enough redeeming qualities for me finish it.
  • You know what did it the best? Metroid Prime *drops mic*
  • You know what did it the best? Metroid Prime *drops mic*
    *slow clap*
  • I said the same thing the very first time I played Half-Life 1, but by the end I was OK with it. Now I will never say such a stupid thing because Portal.
    Yeah, Portal did do it right. I think I will play Portal now to clense my palate. I was going to play Opposing Force but it seems that has more of the parts I disliked and I am not sure if it has enough redeeming qualities for me finish it.
    Opposing Force and Blue Shift, not so great because ninjas are bullshit.
  • The ninjas were horrible, from what I remember my tactic for fighting them on the railroad section was to equip the grenade launcher and fire it off in roughly the right direction, seemed to work.
  • edited September 2012
    The ninjas were horrible, from what I remember my tactic for fighting them on the railroad section was to equip the grenade launcher and fire it off in roughly the right direction, seemed to work.
    My tactic was to save the game before a ninja section and keep reloading until I did it without without losing too much health.
    Post edited by Apreche on