This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Games You are Currently Playing

Comments

• Good Old Games is having a 35% off sale right now -- not as crazy as a lot of what Steam is doing, but worth a look. I just picked up Fallout 1 & 2 (lost my discs in a move a few years back) and Beyond Good & Evil. You sometimes also get a bunch of bonus stuff with the games, like wallpapers and avatars.
  • Good Old Gamesis having a 35% off sale right now -- not as crazy as a lot of what Steam is doing, but worth a look. I just picked up Fallout 1 & 2 (lost my discs in a move a few years back) and Beyond Good & Evil. You sometimes also get a bunch of bonus stuff with the games, like wallpapers and avatars.
    Just looked at the GoG sale.

If you are any sort of intelligent person, you will buy Shogo: Mobile Armor Division for $3.89.
  • edited December 2009
    Pokemon, so much Pokemon. Must get team together for Heart Gold and Soul Silver.
    Post edited by ElJoe0 on
  • I just got Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks and Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story as early Christmas presents. Good thing I have a 10 hour plane flight in my very near future.
  • Just finished Machinarium. Really nice point and click adventure game, also incredibly good looking.
  • Been playing a few classic games lately. Just beat Super Mario World and the Legend of Zelda.
  • Been playing a few classic games lately. Just beat Super Mario World and the Legend of Zelda.
    Replays or first time?
  • To be honest, the first time. While I've played them both several times before, I've never actually beaten either until today. I made sure to beat them thoroughly, too- I found all the alternate exits and beat the Special World in SMW, and I picked up all the Heart Containers and items in Zelda. Though I still have that second quest...
  • Been playing Torchlight as Gunslinger...that game really is fun. Definitely the best Diablo clone out to kill time before Diablo 3.
  • It's Christmas morning and, being unable to sleep, I've finished off Machinarium.
    Nice game all round but don't see it appealing to many.

The bomb puzzle is ridiculously hard as you have to solve both a mathematical and picture puzzle in five minutes and the picture puzzle by itself is hard enough.
  • The bomb puzzle is ridiculously hard as you have to solve both a mathematical and picture puzzle in five minutes and the picture puzzle by itself is hard enough.
    I didn't find the bomb puzzle to be that hard. It took me two tries since I couldn't follow the wires fast enough the first time. But I agree that it probably wouldn't be appealing to many people since some of the puzzles can be pretty obscure.

It amazes me though that it was made in Flash, and looks as good as it does.
  • It amazes me though that it was made in Flash, and looks as good as it does.
    What amazes me is that a 2D game can somehow lag out a 3GHz core.
  • I just received Dragon Age...I need to link it to my Steam account (it came on physical media, and I dislike needing physical media). Any ideas on how to do that?
  • Any ideas on how to do that?
    Down at the bottom of the "My Games" page, I think, there's a button called "Activate a product on Steam", it's worth a try.
  • I got Dragon Age: Origins, Fallout 3, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 (with the character pack they just relesed), Pikmin (Wii version), and Excite Bots. Those combined with Spirit Tracks, Bowser's Inside
    Story, and Shadow Complex is going to make for a very busy break.
  • edited December 2009
    Any ideas on how to do that?
    Down at the bottom of the "My Games" page, I think, there's a button called "Activate a product on Steam", it's worth a try.
    Not working. I might need a no-CD crack or something.

EDIT: Actually, I'll just get a disc emulator and make a backup on my drive. No shady cracks, no dealing with having to update the crack every time I patch. Anyone know of a good free backup utility for games?
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • I got Dragon Age: Origins, Fallout 3, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 (with the character pack they just relesed), Pikmin (Wii version), and Excite Bots. Those combined with Spirit Tracks, Bowser's Inside
    Story, and Shadow Complex is going to make for a very busy break.
    Dragon Age alone could eat all of that up. You'll be mighty busy.
  • @Windup: You might want to get a specially made disc image. Firstly, it will take up much less space and, secondly, your own backup might not get the necessary copy protection down.
  • @Windup: You might want to get a specially made disc image. Firstly, it will take up much less space and, secondly, your own backup might not get the necessary copy protection down.
    Where would one obtain such a thing? I can't use torrents.
  • Game Copy World is ok; Try the fixed images.
  • edited December 2009
    @Windup: You might want to get a specially made disc image. Firstly, it will take up much less space and, secondly, your own backup might not get the necessary copy protection down.
    Where would one obtain such a thing? I can't use torrents.
    Game Copy World - Dragon Age

Edit: 'Nutia beat me to it. :P
    Post edited by Vhdblood on
  • Game Copy World - Dragon Age
    I see you are a man of discerning taste.
  • Do I need the MULTI2 or the MULTI8?
  • edited December 2009
    Do I need the MULTI2 or the MULTI8?
    Under game fixes, try the fourth and/or fifth link.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • I got Dragon Age like everyone else. w00ts!
  • McAfee is picking up false positives during my Daemon tool installation. Pain in the ass.
  • On another note, I don't see why you need any of this. I just bought Modern Warfare 2 the other day at Wal-mart. Just brought it home, put the discs in and installed it, and it asked me for my Steam stuff. No more CD, I don't even know where it is.
  • I've been gorging myself on steam games over this holiday..Just beat Red Faction I (however I can't get Red Faction II to work right) and starting playing Red Faction: Guerrilla and Batman Arkham Asylum. So far I'm really enjoying Batman Asylum and I really really want to enjoy Guerrilla but I'm still having trouble with the controls of both games (but Batman is far more forgiving).
  • Just about done with Borderlands. Anyone else having trouble with Dead Haven? I am having a bitch of a time getting out of the first section of Dead Haven. Sometimes I am able to jump up to a roof and other times I run around for 30+ minutes with zombies respawning while I am stuck in the lower right corner of the city.

Picked up L4D used and I'm having fun in single player. Not as good as L4D2 (no melee weapons) but it's still fun.
  • edited December 2009
    On another note, I don't see why you need any of this. I just bought Modern Warfare 2 the other day at Wal-mart. Just brought it home, put the discs in and installed it, and it asked me for my Steam stuff. No more CD, I don't even know where it is.
    Dragon Age doesn't seem to request Steam credentials on install, nor is the serial redeemable on Steam.
    I got Dragon Age like everyone else. w00ts!
    If you got it on physical media, did you manage to link it to your Steam account? If so, how?
    Post edited by WindUpBird on