This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Games You are Currently Playing

Comments

• Far Cry 2
    I've been playing this, and holy christ is it frustrating at times.
    That was a game I wanted to love, but frustration got the better of me.
  • Far Cry 2
    I've been playing this, and holy christ is it frustrating at times.
    That was a game I wanted to love, but frustration got the better of me.
    I haven't noticed anything frustrating yet, might be how I'm playing it (only for an hour or so here and there.) I think my main issue with it is having to drive around so much to get anywhere.
  • So while I was sick yesterday, I went for some comfort games and started up Uncharted 2 for my fifth playthrough since it came out. But then I switched over to CoD4 and got halfway through that. Mostly just to remember what the storyline is for when I eventually play MW2.
  • I'm trying to finish Assassin's Creed 2.
    Are you surprised by the length of this game so far? I'm about 10 hours in and I feel like I'm just getting started. I'm very much enjoying everything about this game so far, including the side-quests (except the races).
  • edited December 2009
    Picked up Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story. Coupled with Giant Robo, any chance of me getting work done today becomes zero.
    Post edited by Admiral Hotcakes on
  • I'm finally about to beat Chrono Trigger (for the DS), and I'm really seeing why it's lauded by so many as being such a great game. It really does stand the test of time. Otherwise I'm just playing catchup with a bunch of games I bought but never actually beat, namely Mario Galaxy (only a few more stars til Bowser...). Can't wait to pick up Zelda: Spirit Tracks though.
  • R.U.S.E beta. I've played a few games and have mixed feelings about it. I'll expand upon them further in the future once I've gotten more experience.
  • Mind Head games.
    FTFY.

Are you surprised by the length of this game so far? I'm about 10 hours in and I feel like I'm just getting started. I'm very much enjoying everything about this game so far, including the side-quests (except the races).
    Yeah, its taking surprisingly long to finish. I'm not sure how many I've been playing, but its been a lot and I'm not sure how much I have left. And its not a bad thing that its long, I mean I want to finish it but I keep doing all these side things which is adding a lot of time to the game.
  • Yeah, Foreigner! FYI, Lou Gramm is from Rochester, NY.
  • Resident Evil 5, just started stage 3-1.
    Yeah, its taking surprisingly long to finish. I'm not sure how many I've been playing, but its been a lot and I'm not sure how much I have left. And its not a bad thing that its long, I mean I want to finish it but I keep doing all these side things which is adding a lot of time to the game.
    Sounds like you're playing exactly like I am.
    I'm kind of torn right now though, I'm loving the experience, but I want to finish it soon as I have Super Mario Bros. Wii staring at me from across the room.
  • Resident Evil 5, just started stage 3-1.
    I'm really looking forward to the DLC coming out early next year. I always love going back to the Mansion.
  • I'm really looking forward to the DLC coming out early next year. I always love going back to the Mansion.
    That and Red Riding Hood Sheva.
  • I'm really looking forward to the DLC coming out early next year. I always love going back to the Mansion.
    That and Red Riding Hood Sheva.
    Yeah, I forgot about that in the trailer. I didn't care much for that character. To be honest, I didn't care much for RE5 in general. I think the Mansion DLC will be my favorite part of the game.

I'm a huge RE fan and actually played only RE games for a while in the PS1 days. I actually bought my Gamecube the day the RE Remake came out just to play that single game. My favorite is still RE2 and I think Code Veronica was very underrated. RE4 was a great leap forward even though I would prefer the return of the classic RE zombies, but RE5 was just plain boring.
  • I really like Mercenaries mode, so new characters is kind of a big deal for me.
  • That mode was great in RE4 as well.
  • I'm going on a long trip over Christmas so stocking up on a few DS games: Broken Sword, the Professor Laytons and the newest Phoenix Wright. Hopefully they'll keep me entertained on the long flights. Wonder if the DS battery will fail before the games get boring?
  • edited December 2009
    I picked up Borderlands in the Steam sale and have been playing it pretty much non stop since then.The constant "go to X, kill Y number of Zs and come back" quests are my only real complaint.
    Post edited by WaterInThere on
  • About to play some L4D2. I likely suck and also have no mic, but if anyone's interested, I'm WindUpBird on Steam.
  • I'm moving to game to game all the time, but currently for some time most of my gaming will be occupied by Space Rangers 2. And when I'm not playing that I might play L4D2 or Spelunky.
  • Kicking some serious ass in Borderlands on the 360. Those scoped guns are the shit! Especially the scoped shotgun I found that shoots rockets!!! (more like grenades to be honest but it says 'it shoots rockets' in red text)
  • About to play some L4D2. I likely suck and also have no mic, but if anyone's interested, I'm WindUpBird on Steam.
    Unable to find WindUpBird. Hit 'back' if you want to try and search again.
  • edited December 2009
    Unable to find WindUpBird. Hit 'back' if you want to try and search again.
    Ffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu. The result I'm getting is that there are 3 users with the profile name "WindUpBird." Going to have to change that handle, I guess.

EDIT: Curious, even my 7th-grade-throwback obscure-Vasquez-reference handle is taken on Steam.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Ffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu. The result I'm getting is that there are 3 users with the profile name "WindUpBird." Going to have to change that handle, I guess.

EDIT: Curious, even my 7th-grade-throwback obscure-Vasquez-reference handle is taken on Steam.
    Is your actual login name WindUpBird, though? My login name, that would be used to search for me, is r3dk9 but my display name is Sail.
  • I'm glad I've found a handle that noone ever uses... :-p
  • Just beat Mass Effect, I'm pretty jazzed about Mass Effect 2 now. Now back to Dragon age :-p
  • Finished Assassin's Creed 2 (Loved It) and now I've moved on to New Super Mario Bros Wii. So far I'm really enjoying it, but getting some of those star coins makes me want to do a little ol' school controller smashing.

Once I'm done with NSMB I think I'll take a brief break as I am getting a bunch of games for Christmas: 1) L4D2, 2) Modern Warfare 2, 3) A Boy and His Blob, 4) RE: Darkside Chronicles, and 5) Dragon Age: Origin. I don't know which one to start first...I'm leaning towards A Boy and His Bob right now. I'm little worried though that if I put off Dragon Age for too long I might not ever play it, considering how full the first part of 2010 is (Mass Effect 2, BioShock 2, Heavy Rain, God of War 3, FF13).
  • Played Mario Wii a little bit during Scojo's party. Here's one thing I learned. Let's say there's a star going that's down in a pit. Have one person stand in a safe place. Have the other person jump down, get the coin, then bubble. The bubble makes a lot of the star coins easy to get because you basically throw away your life in the process, but bubble before you actually die. Getting all the coins in single-player, that's a real challenge.