This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Games You are Currently Playing

Comments

• On another note, I don't see why you need any of this. I just bought Modern Warfare 2 the other day at Wal-mart. Just brought it home, put the discs in and installed it, and it asked me for my Steam stuff. No more CD, I don't even know where it is.
    Dragon Age doesn't seem to request Steam credentials on install, nor is the serial redeemable on Steam.
    Upon further inspection, it seems the games are separate. The In-store physical copy does not entitle you to a digital version at all.
  • The In-store physical copy does not entitle you to a digital version at all.
    I know. Tsk-tsk, Bioware. Get with the times.
  • The In-store physical copy does not entitle you to a digital version at all.
    I know. Tsk-tsk, Bioware. Get with the times.
    Yeah, that kinda shocks me actually. Modern Warfare 2 just installed off of the disc into Steam, in the Steam folder and everything. It seems weird to me that they would release a Steam and a Non-Steam version of the same game.
  • Omnutia's (and your) fixed image suggestion worked out, so I'm not complaining too much. It's a beautiful game, and I've got it working with no disc; I'm happy.
  • Omnutia's (and your) fixed image suggestion worked out, so I'm not complaining too much. It's a beautiful game, and I've got it working with no disc; I'm happy.
    Yeah, Fixed Images and No-CD patches helped me survive back in the day with dial-up internet and such. I would always lose my discs and it wasn't like I could just go download it. It was either find someone who had it, or buy it again.
  • I just wanted to tell everyone here that Steam is having a blow-out sale for a week and tons of fantastic games are now 10 dollars or cheaper. These include:

Assassin's Creed - $10
    Star Wars Jedi Knight Pack - $10
    Star Wars Battlefront 2 - $10
    Plants vs. Zombies - $7.50
    Star Wars: KOTOR - $5
    Braid - $2.50
    Audiosurf - $2.50 (I highly recommend this one. So love this game)

Lumines Pack and Torchlight SHOULD be cheaper, but I think Steam is acting screwy with those at the moment.
  • Can Valve games that appear on both Steam and 360 be played together? I don't think they can but I saw a setting in my xbox live account about connecting with 'games for windows' games.
  • Can Valve games that appear on both Steam and 360 be played together? I don't think they can but I saw a setting in my xbox live account about connecting with 'games for windows' games.
    It's very game specific. The only game I know of that allows this is Shadowrun.
  • I am marathoning through Batman: AA, it is an extremely good action/adventure game and I highly recommend it (it's worth the price of the Eidos Steam pack alone (not even mentioning the other fun games in that pack)). I'm even doing all the extra crap because it's so fun to play...
  • Lumines Pack and Torchlight SHOULD be cheaper, but I think Steam is acting screwy with those at the moment.
    They were on sale yesterday. It's a 24-hour sale with the reset point at noon.
  • I don't know how far I am, but I assume I'm in the middle of Cave Story right now. Still waiting for it to come out on the though...
  • I started playing Borderlands again. I now have an 18 Hunter. Bloodwing is awesome.
  • I started playing Borderlands again. I now have an 18 Hunter. Bloodwing is awesome.
    I'm almost done with this one. My soldier is level 40 and I only have a few missions left in Jacobs Cove.
  • I've been Borderlandsing it up as well with a level 32 Hunter. I'm not sure I'll have the stomach for replay, as the fetch quests are already quite redundant. The levels and fighting, however, can be unique and challenging -- my first foray into Old Haven was probably the most fun I've had shooting from cover to cover.
  • L4D2 is $20 off at Gamestop this week. I now have both on the 360.

Borderlands replay? With the right group of players perhaps, single player? No.
  • Just got a game called Zombie Driver for $2.50 on Steam. Yesterday I got Mega Man Anniversary Collection and a game called Tube Slider, both dirt cheap at GameStop yesterday.
  • edited December 2009
    Just got a game called Zombie Driver for $2.50 on Steam.
    Any good? I'm thinking of grabbing that, Braid, Trine, Osmos, and Machinarium during the sale.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Yeah, it's a winner. Go for it.
  • I started to play FIFA 10 with my brother, I am a Winning Eleven (Pro Soccer Evolution) man myself. However, this game has gotten so many good reviews I had to get it to see what all the fuzz is about. It is a good game. The only dissapointment was that in order to play the world cup I have to be online, also my country is onthere (Peru). I know we suck at soccer but it would have being nice to see it there :P
  • I've been Borderlandsing it up as well with a level 32 Hunter. I'm not sure I'll have the stomach for replay, as the fetch quests are already quite redundant. The levels and fighting, however, can be unique and challenging -- my first foray into Old Haven was probably the most fun I've had shooting from cover to cover.
    Siren > all, though.
  • I got 3 games for x-mas: Assassin's Creed 2, Beautiful Katamari, and Red Faction: Guerrilla.

So far, only played RF:G, but it's filled with asploding fun! It was a bit of a fail of my day with the big bridge in Oasis though. The game was all "you'll need to use more than placed charges to take out the bridge" which I figured to mean that I had to take out the huge concrete bases using something else. So I used a hammer, then a singularity bomb, then the nano-rifle, then a MOAB without scratching the large concrete bases. Then I got frustrated and shot the main part of the bridge with a hajillion rockets. Rockets solve many problems in the game.

I also tooled around with wrecking crew (thermo-rockets? Win!) and with multiplayer online. Pretty fun and I still have a lot of exploring to do.
  • edited December 2009
    So far, only played RF:G, but it's filled with asploding fun! It was a bit of a fail of my day with the big bridge in Oasis though. The game was all "you'll need to use more than placed charges to take out the bridge" which I figured to mean that I had to take out the huge concrete bases using something else. So I used a hammer, then a singularity bomb, then the nano-rifle, then a MOAB without scratching the large concrete bases. Then I got frustrated and shot the main part of the bridge with a hajillion rockets. Rockets solve many problems in the game.
    Yeah, you can take that down with a sledgehammer, it's just that the concrete bases are immune to, well, everything, and the rest of it is just regular.

Aim for the wing of flyers with the nanorifle, every once in a while, you have something awesome happen by accident, such as it overturning and crashing straight into a building you have to destroy anyway, making a large mess, and your job gets quite a bit easier.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • I've started playing Pikmin again (this time for the Wii) and I had forgotten just how got-damn cute the Pikmin are. I'm so used to fighting against Olimar in Smash Brothers and referring to them as "Space AIDS".
  • Defense Grid
    Braid
    Mass Effect
    Dead Space
    GTA IV
    Mirror's Edge
    Zombie Driver
    X-com Pack
    Eidos Pack
    Burnout Paradise
    Time Gentleman... 2 pack
    and a friend gifted me Dark sector and Sniper Elite

I spent way too much money on the steam sale thing.
  • If I list all the games I got on steam, I might have to come to terms with the addiction I suffer for low priced games.
  • Currently:
    Left 4 Dead 2
    Burnout Paradise
    Trials 2: Second Edition
    Mass Effect
    Jade Empire

Finished:
    Mirror's Edge - which was an interesting game. It felt though like it didn't want me having fun, because just as I would start to enjoy the game at all it would make me do something that would lead to me dying a bunch of times (mostly fighting people.) It probably would have been a better game had there been no combat, or if the fighting worked.
  • If I list all the games I got on steam, I might have to come to terms with the addiction I suffer for low priced games.
    I considered buying the $0.99 games even though I know that they probably sucks big time, just because they were $0.99. I have the same problem with $1 stores.
  • Mostly still playing Tribes 2 and NS. I found that the Kahraa are easier to get the hang of in combat mode.
  • I even bought the Torchlight/Diablo game because it was so cheap.
  • edited January 2010
    I even bought the Torchlight/Diablo game because it was so cheap.
    Thank goodness for Steam. Got the following games yesterday:

-Braid
    -Bioshock
    -Peggle Deluxe / Peggle Nights

Total under 20 dollars. ^_^
    Post edited by Nukerjsr on