This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Games You are Currently Playing

Comments

• Then do something else and wait for it to be ready.
  • With effectively infinite options, sufferinganyinconvenience for something that is not itselfbetterthan most of those options is not worth consideration.
    Then Rym, there is no inconvenience if the game is not ready to be played. You just quickly select some other game/book/movie and play that and come back when you here it is working currently...... :-p
  • I played practice mode of Plain Sight. Good concept, controls aren't great, but are still serviceable. Camera is horrendously bad.
  • Then Rym, there is no inconvenience if the game is not ready to be played. You just quickly select some other game/book/movie and play that and come back when you here it is working currently...... :-p
    Ahhh, but I suspect this game will flash in its pan and then die forever. Unless you play during the flash, there's no point.
  • Ahhh, but I suspect this game will flash in its pan and then die forever. Unless you play during the flash, there's no point.
    I say it's in the same genre as bomberman, and might bet played just as much.
  • I'm playing Scott Pilgrim VS the World: the Game and MegaMan 10.
  • edited August 2010
    Re-playing through Half-life 2 and Episode one and Two, on the hardest difficulty. Not as hard as I remembered, but still pleasantly challenging at times. Playing with the developer commentary turned on for Ep one and two, which is both really interesting, and provides the occasional laugh.

One of the more facinating ones was in Episode one, where you hit a commentary balloon, and it shows you the Node lines that the AI uses to interact with and move around the environment - While it was playing, I saw an opportunity, and rushed forward into combat to see how the AI uses the node lines, which actually turned out to be more interesting than it sounds.

EDIT - My computer is still shit, I'm just playing on the 360, since I already have one of those, and I saw the orange box on 360 for 10 Bucks second-hand. Commence whinging about playing FPS on a console if you really must, but I don't give a shit, I'm enjoying it.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited August 2010
    Ahhh, but I suspect this game will flash in its pan and then die forever. Unless you play during the flash, there's no point.
    It's a shame a game like that would benefit if Steam would just create a "Looking for group" option that made it so you cued in your friends list what games you want to play.
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • It's a same a game like that would benefit if Steam would just create a "Looking for group" option that made it so you cued in your friends list what games you want to play.
    Most definitely!

I'm also overly pessimistic on any games until after PAX: no time to lose.
  • Oh Fallout 3, why couldn't they just make RPG games into Zelda likes.
    Because don't game work wouldn't popular?
  • edited August 2010
    Oh Fallout 3, why couldn't they just make RPG games into Zelda likes.
    I think agreement with Omnutia, face dick.
    Post edited by Walker on
    I think agreement with Omnutia, face dick.
    Armpits Fleas thousand camels of, fuckbadger!
  • Red Dead Redemption. It's very easy to lose time playing it, and that's just fine with me.
  • Can anyone recommend a definitive version of Tetris for the PC? My sister seems to be taking well to the SNES emulator so I thought Tetris would be a nice progression.
  • Can anyone recommend a definitive version of Tetris for the PC? My sister seems to be taking well to the SNES emulator so I thought Tetris would be a nice progression.
    The official Tetris for PC right now is Tetris Zone for Windows. http://zone.tetris.com/

However, I would still recommend Tetris DS as the best I've played.

Also, why not just do Tetris in an NES emulator or Tetris/Dr. Mario in the SNES emulator?

http://www.tetris.com/products/index.aspx
  • Batman: Arkham Asylum is the best Batman game ever. Of course, that's not saying much.
  • Call of Duty 2's single player campaign is a pretty definitive guide on how to grenade spam.
  • Almost finished with Shank. I feel like had I not played Scott Pilgrim first I'd be enjoying it more.
  • Call of Duty 2's single player campaign is a pretty definitive guide on how to grenade spam.
    Call of Duty 2, or modern warfare 2?
  • Call of Duty 2.
  • Call of Duty 2.
    I'm planning to play that game soon.
  • Also, the soundtrack [in WET] is an absolute ball-tearer, it's right up my alley.
    I would like to second this, having just found out that Chinatown Hustler by The Notorious MSG is featured in the game.
  • Played way too much Bayonetta last night. Theme song's been stuck in my head all day. I hate it.
  • Hungrylander: The Cookening.
  • I finished Half-Life 2 yesterday and want so much more.
  • Multiplayer on Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World: The Game is a lot of fun.
  • I finished Half-Life 2 yesterday and want so much more.
    Episode 1 and 2.
  • Pangloss and I are doing Borderlands co-op.
  • Pangloss and I are doing Borderlands co-op.