This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Games You are Currently Playing

Comments

• The latest Medal of honor game - It's kinda buggy, to be honest. The first time I tried to play it, it refused to load part of the first level, then refused to load part of the second level, in both cases requiring me to make a new save. Also, sometimes if you rush ahead, all of the dialouge will play out, but the characters will race ahead in their physical actions - though this can be hilarious, for example, one of the team warning over the radio about an insurgent that he had, ten seconds ago, thrown out a window to his death.

Other than that, this absolutely applies -
  • edited October 2010
    To any game buyers, I just wish to say that Amazon is having a pretty nice sale today over many popular video games.

The Gold Box Sale of the Day is for Super Street Fighter IV on 360/PS3, 25 dollars. But they are going to have extras over the day. They will be at the following times:

10:00 AM PDT: Mafia II
    12:00 PM PDT: Bioshock 2
    3:00 PM PDT
    5:00 PM PDT
    6:00 PM PDT
    8:00 PM PDT
    Post edited by Nukerjsr on
  • Super Meat Boy is awesome.
  • I haven't really been playing many games lately, with the exception of being insane enough that I'm in the process of trying to finish Mega Man 10 on Hard difficulty.

Some time in the near future I will probably try Starcraft II, since a friend has given me two guest passes for it. I wanted to buy it, but the price of $90 in Australia was too high to buy on sight. Granted, the Australian version is superior due to being able to access both AU and US zones, but that isn't worth such a large price hike.

Also, I found a place where I can buy Civ 5 for $40, which is far superior to the Australian Steam price of $80, so I intend to buy it relatively soon. I figure that would be a good game to play with others on the forums here, since ping is irrelevant in a turn-based game.
    Want so bad. But waiting for the PC version.
  • The bugs in New Vegas are becoming unbearable.

1) Try to hack a terminal, no hack screen comes up.
    2) Try to pick a lock and the terminal hacking screen comes up.
    3) Modded my DLC 10mm pistol and now the graphic for the pistol is gone and has been replaced by a red block and the rest of the screen is messed up.
    4) Friendly people nearby turn red for no apparent reason.
    5) Freezes, stutters, lockups, etc...
  • 1) Try to hack a terminal, no hack screen comes up.
    2) Try to pick a lock and the terminal hacking screen comes up.
    Lol'd.
  • The bugs in New Vegas are becoming unbearable.
    Patch coming out post haste, apparently.
    Want so bad. But waiting for the PC version.
    I caved. It is INCREDIBLE.
  • My Minecraft addiction has been replaced with Civ V.
  • I just caved and bought Fallout: New Vegas on Steam. I really don't have time to be playing video games, but for Fallout, I will sacrifice sleep.
  • Three worlds through Super Meat Boy and I have legitimate blisters on my thumbs. I am extremely satisfied.
  • Civ V. Pax Romana. Oh mans.

I was on a continent with Egypt, and as our empires grew, tensions rose. Ramses continued to insult my small, weak armies, but I had a plan. After negotiating with a nearby city state to get more iron, I amassed a moderately sized force of legionnaires. But, this wasn't going to cut it. It wasn't devilishly scheme-y enough. So I put all of my cities into research overdrive, and effectively created a Manhattan Project...for gunpowder. The moment I finished researching, I used my now-considerable wealth to buy musketmen, and flooded the fields and hills of Egypt with my armies. It was like a plague of locusts had descended over Egypt. Locusts with guns.
  • Well over 100 hours later I am very close to finishing Final Fantasy XII. I could easily go and finish it now, but I want to get most of the side stuff completed. At this length, I'm not likely to come back to this game again for years, if ever again.
  • I haven't really been playing many games lately, with the exception of being insane enough that I'm in the process of trying to finish Mega Man 10 on Hard difficulty.
    Done. I'll leave things like finishing on Hard without weapon upgrades/items for later, though XD
  • edited October 2010
    Record Tripping is short and pretty fun.
    Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1.
    It irks me that I can't play it on Dreamcast 2.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Yeah! Patch for New Vegas on 360 this morning!
  • Rotating heads, you will be missed.
  • My modded DLC pistol is still broke. It looks like the game is trying to display a missing image. The pistol takes 10MM pistol mods but it is called a weathered 10MM pistol and looks different.

When I equip it I see and empty hand and the screen gets a weird offcolor transaparency layer look.
  • The IWBTG levels in Super Meat Boy do justice to their namesake.
  • Ooooh, I am definitely going to play that game.
  • Goddamnit. I have to wait another month for the PC version.
  • I still haven't finished I Wanna Be The Love Trap :(
  • edited October 2010
    SNAP! Desktop Dungeons is the bee's knees.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • I just realised. No-one in Mass Effect 2 wears a hat. Tis' truly a bleak and cruel future.
  • I just realised. No-one in Mass Effect 2 wears a hat. Tis' truly a bleak and cruel future.
    Pimp hat and fedora DLC?
  • I don't care if New Vegas is buggy. I'm still buying it come next paycheck and then playing it twenty hours a day for a week. If the bugs are really that bad, I'll just play it again after the first big patch comes out.

In fact, chances are good that the first big patch will be soon and my poorness will have saved me from playing the buggy release version! Hooray for low wages... or something!

The bug lists I've seen so far seem pretty nitpicky, really, unless they're really happening all the time. And some of the complaints are true of Fallout 3, too, and are really more stylistic preferences regarding the game design rather than actual faults. Anybody have any word on whether the PC version compares favorably to console versions?
  • Rockband 3!!!! Pro Drums is where it's at! Too bad I can't hook my acoustic kit up to rockband, then again my downstairs neighbors may have something to say about that >>
  • Rockband 3!!!!
  • chances are good that the first big patch will be soon
    If by soon you mean last week, you're absolutely right.