This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Games You are Currently Playing

Comments

• FYI, it's kinda choppy in some of those games, JenesisDS runs smoother but you loose some of the picture to the left and right.
    Just played it on the train ride to work this morning and noticed that too. Damnit it, SEGA! You can't even get old Sonic games right!
  • Just played it on the train ride to work this morning and noticed that too. Damnit it, SEGA! You can't even get old Sonic games right!
    That's why I pirated it. I knew it would be a diminished experience on the DS, and not worth paying for.
  • Also, decided to abandon Mass Effect 2.
    Really? Interesting. Why?

I had a similar experience with Dragon Age: I played the game obsessively, did everything and collected everything and had a lot of fun with it - I think - right up until the very end. Then I made a choice I didn't like with the sex scene and then I just lost interest. I don't know if that's a causal connection - I don't think it is, because I don't think that one thing could put me off the game if I didn't already have problems with it - but it's what happened. I got to the end, to the point of no return, and then I just... didn't care any more.

I never did finish it. I assume you kill the Archdemon. I find myself unable to give a fuck.
  • Was that meant as a tranquillity lane reference?
  • Desktop Dungeons, Spelunky, Minecraft, Dawn of War 2 Pack. Between those four games, I've spent $33. The entertainment is ENDLESS.
  • You know what? I think I'm actually getting better at NS. I've played ten games in the past few day, and in over half of them I've been in the top three ranked Marine players.
  • edited November 2010
    Trying Bionic Commando Rearmed and from the first level, I have a strong suspision that these controls would make far more sense on a d-pad than an analog controller joystick. They are, however, beautifully retarded.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Trying Bionic Commando Rearmed and from the first level, I have a strong suspision that these controls would make far more sense on a d-pad than an analog controller joystick. They are, however, beautifully retarded.
    Yes. I played through it with a cheap Logitech gamepad.
  • edited November 2010
    Desktop Dungeons
    Damnit. I've spent a large portion of the past few days on this now. This and Minecraft are perfect for playing while listening to podcasts (although you generally want to keep sound on in Minecraft for obvious reasons).
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • edited November 2010
    I hate getting to the boss and not being able to win despite killing all the monsters. Fuck Super Meat Man.

I'm going to go 'Craft it up and listen to some old Fast Karate.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Yeah, I've been catching up on some FK myself.
  • Yeah, I've been catching up on some FK myself.
    I listened to the Ikkitosen episode again. It's still hilarious.
  • edited November 2010
    I hate getting to the boss and not being able to win despite killing all the monsters. Fuck Super Meat Man.
    Defeating the Factory challenge with a Wizard, now that's hard :(
    EDIT: Not as hard as I had expected.
    Crypt with an Assassin will probably be harder.
    EDIT2: Casting sidestep as a vampire is just hilarious. You can do it indefinitely, but it does nothing!
  • Played some of the Men of War Assault Squad Open Beta with Scott last night. I had some good times, hopefully Scott did as well.
  • Men of War
    I bought this game on your rec but I haven't touched it yet.
  • edited November 2010
    Played some of the Men of War Assault Squad Open Beta with Scott last night. I had some good times, hopefully Scott did as well.
    Yeah, it was ok. Need some polish in the control department and the tutorial department. Also, I was at a severe disadvantage because I couldn't figure out the differences between the artillery pieces, or how to control them properly. Other than that, conceptually sound and much better than other RTSes, since micro is greatly mitigated, and there's no buildings. The only mechanical change I would make is to allow you to spawn in different places. Let me choose maybe the bottom right or center bottom instead of always bottom left.

Bonus points for ludicrous German bullet bill.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Bonus points for ludicrous German bullet bill.
    Sturmtiger ftw
  • I bought this game on your rec but I haven't touched it yet.
  • I bought this game on your rec but I haven't touched it yet.
    If you guys want, we can play a game this weekend.
  • Sturmtiger ftw
    I keep seeing that thing and thinking "Where's Booga, stupid kangaroo bastard?"
  • edited November 2010
    Defeating the Factory challenge with a Wizard, now that's hard :(
    EDIT: Not as hard as I had expected.
    Crypt with an Assassin will probably be harder.
    EDIT2: Casting sidestep as a vampire is just hilarious. You can do it indefinitely, but it does nothing!
    On that note, it also can get you infinite piety with Mysteria Annur. Just remember to use the basic attack so your first fireball doesn't instagib you, like it did me.

Also, I think I've now probably listened to all of Fast Karate since 2008. Not sure about some of the 2006-2007 episodes though.
  • 64 player Tribes 2, careful where you put that mortar.
  • Etrian Odyssey III, Soul Nomad, Final Fantasy Tactics, Pokemon Platinum, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor, various rpgs, etc.
  • Had a look at the Space Station 13 wiki and it seemed really interesting. Unfortunately, the client used does not compensate for high pings at all well.
  • Had a look at the Space Station 13 wiki and it seemed really interesting. Unfortunately, the client used does not compensate for high pings at all well.
    It's just about unplayable.
  • I'm finally done with taking up exams I failed, so can catch up with games =3 I've got waiting for me:
    Kirby Wii
    Golden Eye Wii
    Fallout New Vegas
    Call of Duty - the new one (I think it's like... 7)
    Castlevania of War
    Other M

*grin* Oh, and can get back to working on my own XBLA game.
  • OH MY GOODNESS I AM FINALLY PLAYING NEW VEGAS I AM SO HAPPY

Although so far I find it a little less captivating than plain Fallout 3. I like Hardcore Mode, though. Makes it into a more interesting challenge.

I think it's the aesthetic that I find a little lacking. Right away in F3, you were confronted with scenery, props, and people that thrust you straight into the "Future of the 1950s" feel that Fallout is really built on. It's there in New Vegas, but it seems to take a back seat to both a more plausible post-apocalypse and to the cowboy theme that for some reason - in spite of the fact that cowboys are my favorite - isn't quite resonating with me.

I'm not very far in yet, though. I just met the Legion for the first time. I expect I will rapidly become more engrossed soon as the plot(s) pick up. And frankly I'm thrilled just to have more Fallout.
  • edited November 2010
    Although so far I find it a little less captivating than plain Fallout 3. I like Hardcore Mode, though. Makes it into a more interesting challenge.
    I felt that way too, at first. The very beginning of New Vegas is a little weak. Pretty soon, it gets a lot better than FO3. It's made by (some of) the guys who made FO 1 and 2, and it shows.
    Post edited by Funfetus on
  • edited November 2010
    My only burning complaint for the New Vegas devs involves some of the voice acting. If you've got dialogue written in a southern dialect, don't use a voice actor who sounds like she's from fucking Central Ohio.
    Post edited by Walker on