This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Games You are Currently Playing

Comments

• edited October 2010
    Also, I should probably get on the Mimecraft bandwagon before it's too late.
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • Mimecraft
    Be careful what you say about that. They might hear you and box you in with their invisible walls!
  • Be careful what you say about that. They might hear you and box you in with their invisible walls!
    It's better than watching those hairy-ass gay dwarves. Bloody Dwarf Frotress.
  • Also, I should probably get on the Mimecraft bandwagon before it's too late.
    It isn't going to be too late for quite a while, i.e. until multiplayer becomes good.
  • I started A Link To The Past for the first time today. Zelda is so much more enjoyable with save states. The thing that I've always disliked about these games is having to re-solve shit I've already solved just because I died or didn't have enough time to play through the whole dungeon in one go.
  • I started A Link To The Past for the first time today. Zelda is so much more enjoyable with save states. The thing that I've always disliked about these games is having to re-solve shit I've already solved just because I died or didn't have enough time to play through the whole dungeon in one go.
    That's never really bothered me, because re-solving a puzzle isn't very much...
    That being said, you just started my favorite game of all time. Have fun with it.
  • Replaying Fable II in preparation for Fable 3.

/fanboy scream
  • Having finally reinstalled Windows on my laptop, I'm playing a lot of Civ V and Mafia II (because I'm a sucker for the setting, and it's quite well done). I've been trying to get into the NS2 alpha (I pre-ordered a while ago), but Steam is being bitchy. Since I've been out of the world for a while, what are some new-ish games that aren't too processor-intensive? My RAM and graphics are pretty good, but my processor (Core 2 Duo, 2.26Ghz) is becoming a bottleneck.
  • what are some new-ish games that aren't too processor-intensive? My RAM and graphics are pretty good, but my processor (Core 2 Duo, 2.26Ghz) is becoming a bottleneck.
    Miiiiinecraft?
  • edited October 2010
    Don't worry about the NS2 alpha. It's still unplayable. Wait for the beta.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I know achievements are silly, but I'm almost done with Lego Harry Potter being 100% completed. I've never did those things on Lego Star Wars or Lego Batman.

As soon as I'm done with that, I will go back to Project ST: finish all the games that I left unfinished.

1. Starfy
    2. Bowser's Inside Story
    3. Picross 3D
    4. Pokemon Soulsilver (Just need to be the Elite 4) (maybe)
    5. Professor Layton & The Unwound Future

Then I can start Ivy The Kiwi, Yoshi's Story, and Yoshi's Touch 'N Go.
  • 2. Bowser's Inside Story
    I stopped playing at the final boss, and then it was stolen. So I watched the end on YouTube. Not exciting.

SuperStar Saga is still better than its sequels.
  • SuperStar Saga is still better than its sequels.
    Yeah, I barely remember that game, but I'm pretty sure I didn't finish it either. I have it and a GBA, but I really don't know where it is.

I actually enjoyed Partners In Time a lot.
  • Miiiiinecraft?
    I've been lurking on that thread, and it seems pretty interesting. I'll give it a go.
    Don't worry about the NS2 alpha. It's still unplayable. Wait for the beta.
    Alright. Will do. Perchance I should start practicing some NS in the meantime.
  • We should so do some forum minecrafting.
  • edited October 2010
    Everyone get ready for maximum difficulty survival multi-player when the Halloween patch comes out. We gunna be DF up in this shit. Though I would ask people to not go crazy.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Miiiiinecraft?
    I read that the way you say magfest on the podcast.
  • So I started getting back into Bowser's Inside Story. I have no idea where I'm at or where I should be going. I've tried looking through online FAQs and walkthroughs, but since I forgot what I did last in the game, it doesn't help much. I would pretty much have to read the entire thing to get a clue. *sigh*
  • So I started getting back into Bowser's Inside Story. I have no idea where I'm at or where I should be going. I've tried looking through online FAQs and walkthroughs, but since I forgot what I did last in the game, it doesn't help much. I would pretty much have to read the entire thing to get a clue. *sigh*
    I hate when that kind of things happen. I tend to jump from game to game a lot so sometimes I return to a game and have no idea what I'm doing.
    Zelda had it right with the fortune teller. Every long game needs something to remind you what you have to do next.
  • Well I did talk to a few NPCs and figured I needed to go Peach's Castle, which I did. One hour of playing and I'm still stuck. I feel like I need Bowser to be able to continue, but he's stuck in some area that I forget. Boo.
  • No, you don't need Bowser. He'll be freed after a boss fight.
  • One thing that is really great about LttP so far is how quickly you rack up items. One dungeon and I already have the bow, boomerang, bombs, lantern, fairies, AND Pegasus boots? Unheard of.
  • One thing that is really great about LttP so far is how quickly you rack up items. One dungeon and I already have the bow, boomerang, bombs, lantern, fairies, AND Pegasus boots? Unheard of.
    Yeah, it's great. ALttP has so many good items, and most of them are useful for the whole game in some way, shape, or form. Not like TP where three or four of your items are useless once you're done with the dungeon.
  • Just finished playing through LttP two weeks ago and happened to get all the hearts, I've never done that before. The hookshot was by far the most useful item, but the red rod you get near the end was really cool.
  • Fallout New Vegas is the game Fallout 3 should have been. All the great stuff from the original games are back.
  • Fallout New Vegas is the game Fallout 3 should have been. All the great stuff from the original games are back.
    I have not heard good things...
  • Yea. Last weekend I started to get into Fallout 3 and Mass Effect 1 then yesterday a friend borrowed me his GameCube and with it first Metroid Prime, Eternal Darkness and F-Zero GX. Now I want to play all of those games. So much to play so little time.
  • Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1.
    It irks me that I can't play it on PC.
    I have not heardgood things...
    The PS3 version is buggier than the 360 version. I have both (Fallout 3) and the PS3 one constantly throws large grey polygons at you when you look in certain directions.

I'm playing New Vegas on the 360 and while there are issues with NPCs I really don't care. The things I care about are in this game.

For example all the crap you used to collect and sell now has a purpose. Hunting and foraging has a purpose because you can combine food items to create better food items. Why eat Bloatfly meat when you can mix in some spices and eat Bloatfly Sliders?

I expect a certain amount of visual bugginess in the game. Be it things that float in mid-air, getting stuck in terrain features, or watching dead bodies wriggle on ground like they are having a seizure.