This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Games You are Currently Playing

Comments

• edited October 2010
    Are we at the point where we, as a gaming community, are fine with studios shipping games not completely working and expecting to patch it?

Yea or Nay.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Learning Action Castle and the rest of the Parsely games so I can remember them entirely from memory.
  • Learning Action Castle and the rest of the Parsely games so I can remember them entirely from memory.
    This is very difficult without running them with the paper at least once. Not impossible, but hard. There are always a few things that you need to remember to keep track of, and you probably won't realize this until you run it. I've gotten Action Castle memorized, but that's with quite a bit of studying and running it about 3 or 4 times. I suggest you draw yourself a smaller, simplified version of the map and try to run it only with that.
    Are we at the point where we, as a gaming community, are fine with studios shipping games not completely working and expecting to patch it?
    No. I'd like to hear the arguments for "Yea", however.
  • If by soon you mean last week, you're absolutely right.
    Do I still get to be prescient if I had no idea but I still called it?
    Yea or Nay.
    Nay, but that is nevertheless the way business is being done, and unless a whole lot of us plan to boycott everyone but maybe Blizzard and Valve, that's what we're going to continue to get.
  • Are we at the point where we, as a gaming community, are fine with studios shipping games not completely working and expecting to patch it?

Yea or Nay.
    Nay, however that maybe a bit unrealistic, at least where pc games are concerned. There are just too many permutations of hardware configurations to cover them all.

Granted that doesn't excuse things like New Vegas, which I hear is spectacularly buggy. And not just on the PC version.
  • The recent patch for New Vegas made it slightly better. I still encounter issues with the AI having people run into walls or get stuck on a sign post. I also still have the occasional problem where a faction will suddenly go from loving me to attacking me. Enemies still get stuck in terrain and I do see the occasional "land shark" radscorpion.

Just a little while ago I saw one of the named characters dead on a stick while a copy of him was standing next to the dead one asking me what I wanted to do with him!

I just did a run through Vault 34 (evil) and it tore me up bad.

The NCR Rangers are tough as nails. I pulled the armor off of a dead one and it is awesome. No wonder they shrug off my bullets!

Don't expect to beat the game in a short amount of time. I've logged about 30+ hours in and I'm maybe 75% of the way to completing the game.
  • I'm at a high enough level in New Vegas where I can run around in my jammies and kill most things before they get near me (except those damn sneaky wasp things, fuck them).

When you get to the Ultra Luxe you HAVE TO at least visit the kitchen (be sneaky), it's probably my favorite non-meta thing so far.
  • Rock Band 3...so insanely fun. Keyboards are really tricky, but they are fun when you are playing the right song.
  • I've put a few hours into Fable 3 and been enjoying it so far. What sort of amazes me about it is that there are no menus (aside from the options menu,) everything else that would be a menu is handled as a physical space you move through in order to change weapons, your appearance, upgrade your character, etc. And so far it seems to work, and not be annoying.
  • The recent patch for New Vegas made it slightly better.
    This is why I am waiting to play games like Fallout: Las Vegas till about a year after release. A. It will be cheaper. B. Bugs will be fixed C. Game of the year edition will be out with loads of DLC. D. No multi-player to take part in.
  • edited October 2010
    This is why I am waiting to play games like Fallout: Las Vegas till about a year after release. A. It will be cheaper. B. Bugs will be fixed C. Game of the year edition will be out with loads of DLC. D. No multi-player to take part in.
    Same here. I'm doing this for just about every single player game.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Same here. I'm doing this for just about every single player game.
    Portal was the last single player game that necessitated immediate play.

Buy the full awesome updated version of all single player games later for cheap.
  • Portal was the last single player game that necessitated immediate play.
    Well, Portal 2 is coming. So there are still some exceptions.
  • Portal Dragon Age was the last single player game that necessitated immediate play.
    I'll admit the DLC has been hit of miss for me. Stone Prisoner and Warden's Keep are amazing. I haven't heard anything positive about Liliana's Song, With Hunt, or Darkspawn Chronicals. Return to Ostagar and Golems are alright. I still need to get Awakenings.
  • I'll admit the DLC has been hit of miss for me. Stone Prisoner and Warden's Keep are amazing. I haven't heard anything positive about Liliana's Song, With Hunt, or Darkspawn Chronicals. Return to Ostagar and Golems are alright. I still need to get Awakenings.
    See why do the "was this worth 5 dollars" thing when you could have just had it all in one package a year later. What I saw when I watched someone play Fallout3 game of the year edition was nearly a completely different game.
  • Liliana's Song
    Was alright, but it was a bit buggy.
    With Hunt
    Fucking terrible.
  • I've just opened up the Sector 4 relay in Mass Effect 2 and wanted to know if this is near the end or just moving on to a second area, seeing that I've just been introduced to a quite major plot element by way of Legion.
  • I've just opened up the Sector 4 relay in Mass Effect 2 and wanted to know if this is near the end or just moving on to a second area, seeing that I've just been introduced to a quite major plot element by way of Legion.
    It's pretty much the end. If you want to take your Final Fantasy-style sabbatical and go do side-quests, now is the time.
  • edited October 2010
    I've just opened up the Sector 4 relay in Mass Effect 2 and wanted to know if this is near the end or just moving on to a second area, seeing that I've just been introduced to a quite major plot element by way of Legion.
    Once you go through the Omega 4 relay you're on a freight train to the end of the game.

(damn you, Balderdash)
    Post edited by Walker on
  • Just got to the end of New Vegas. Very satisfying but now I have to go back and earn all the other endings!
  • I'm back to trying to finish I wanna be the LoveTrap. A friend of mine is watching me fail repeatedly on http://www.livestream.com/lackofcheese
  • Currently watching. Game Center LC is highly amusing.
  • Hatsune Miku is evil :(
  • Hold up, I forgot to say, but in Mass Effect 2/Citadel/Dark Star Club, there is a Taurian wearing what is unmistakably some form of hood, an acceptable hat substitute condidering his head shape.
  • Hatsune Miku is evil :(
    I got past the really hard part twice, but died both times in the easier part right at the end.
  • I just found that Silent Hill 2 has a PC version but the Wikipedia article's section on reception is somewhat conflicting. PS2 fans seem to be praising the same things the PC people are shunning which is either down to a difference in standards or a bad port.

I have a PS2 around but it'd be much easier to play it on a PC. Still think I'm going to go for the PC version.

Also, decided to abandon Mass Effect 2.
  • Playing Rock Band 3. Also bought Super Meat Boy cause it's on sale for 800 points during launch week but haven't had time to play. Had to do some NYC commuting this week so the DS was put to good use as I started up Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time, because it's been sitting on my shelf unopened for like, I dunno, 4 years.
  • Just picked up Sonic Classic Collection for the DS. This should fill in the void left by Sonic 4. This marks the 4th time I have purchased Sonic 3.
    Also, recently played a bit of Metroid: Other M, and quickly lost interest so I sent it back to Gamefly.
  • Just picked upSonic Classic Collectionfor the DS. This should fill in the void left by Sonic 4. This marks the 4th time I have purchasedSonic 3.
    Hey, I just pirated that!
  • FYI, it's kinda choppy in some of those games, JenesisDS runs smoother but you loose some of the picture to the left and right.