This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Games You are Currently Playing

Comments

• Submarine yarn Kirby is the cutest.
  • I have being trying to hack my Wii, but I don't have a copy of Smash Brothers Brawl, so in the mean time I have being playing the awesomeness that is Goldeneeye 007 for the Wii :P
  • Playing Deathspank. It's a silly Diablo clone. It'll tide me over till Super Meat Boy arrives on Steam.
  • My new XBox is in the mail. Is meat boy better on Steam or XBox?
  • edited November 2010
    Is meat boy better on Steam or XBox?
    The developers have said that the Steam version is going to be the "director's cut" of Super Meat Boy since there was a lot of stuff they couldn't put into the XBLA version due to Microsoft's restrictions and technical restrictions.

The only thing the Steam version is going to be missing is certain characters, but they're being replaced with other characters, like Mr. Minecraft and the robot from Machinarium.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Civilization V
    Command and Conquer 3/Kane's Wrath
    Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3
    Goldeneye 64 (makes me feel old but so much fun)
  • I can't wait for Super Meat Boy on Steam. I love hard platformers.
  • edited November 2010
    I love hard platformers.
    Me too. Although, if you're like me it won't get really challenging until the fourth or fifth world, but the thing that makes SMB so good is that it never tries to trick you with traps like in IWBTG or similar games, it's all pure skill. Though, the IWBTG levels in SMB are pretty fucking brutal, even by its namesake's standards.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I got to try Super Meat Boy at my friends house some time ago and I fell in love with it. When it comes to Steam it's must buy for me.
  • I just finished Fable 3, so much squandered potential especially with its narrative ties to Fable 2.
    Speaking of which, I've had Fable II for a long time and just started really playing it. So far it's interesting, although it's immensely difficult to spot some of the gargoyle heads, particularly in Bowerstone.
  • I've been playing SMB, and I'm enjoying it. I've also continued to play CS regularly, to the point that I'm for the first time since RIT a regular on a particular server. I am also happy to say that, while I am by no means a CounterStrike god, I'm pretty fucking dangerous despite my old age. ;^)
  • Congratulations. You're good a video games.
  • Congratulations. You're good a video games.
    I lol'd.
  • Finished Max Payne 2. I would highly reccomend it if you're able to deal with 90's FPSs.

I gotta love that game for having a completely nihilistic plot.
  • Pac-Man CE DX

Made of win.
  • I'm trying to get used to the interface in "Sins of a Solar empire" anyone else play this game?
  • I just finish Goldeneye 007 Wii on super easy mode :P
    Time to go as an agent :P
  • I'm trying to get used to the interface in "Sins of a Solar empire" anyone else play this game?
    Played it. It was interesting for a little while but with no single-player story mode and limited investment in my playing multiplayer I got bored with it pretty quick. It wasn't a bad game. Did some interesting stuff visually. Not a whole lot of strategic depth, though.
  • Bit.Trip Beat is now on iPads, iPhones, and Steam. F#$% that game is hard.
    It any good? Does it have any of the classic cheats?
  • edited November 2010
    Ass Creed 2 is really good. I am really liking how they pace out each abillity and make sure you get to grips with it, which also acts as a good way to keep the missions from getting repetetive. If they keep this up then I can see this pacing out to be a really good game.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Is there really a game called Ass Creed that was good and popular enough to make a sequel?
  • It was a sad day when Buichi Terasawa left manga for video games.
    It any good? Does it have any of the classic cheats?
    Yes, it does :P
  • edited November 2010
    Started playing this social game, that not a "social" game like farmville, but actually requires you to socialize and work with other people. It's called Die2Nite. It's currently in beta, but it's basically 40 people randomly selected are put together in a town in the middle of a wasteland and have to survive with limited resources. And there are zombies out in the wasteland, and every night at midnight they attack your town.

So you have to work with other players to collect resources in the wasteland, then decide on what you should be constructing in town (do you build the water pump next, or do you bulk up your defenses for the next zombie attack?) I'm currently in my first game of it, on day 3, and it's been interesting to see how things work.
    Post edited by Kiey on
  • Finally got my xbox hooked back up (I have a 3rd floor gaming room that was getting major insulation and ductwork done on it so it was out of commission for a week). Been playing Super Meat Boy nonstop and loving every minute of it. It's very challenging yet not punishing at all. I can't remember the last time I was caught smiling while continuously failing b/c I was too busy appreciating the level design. So far I beat all of the light world stages plus the downloadable levels, and got the first ending. Went back and got 100% on the first two zones, and starting on the third world now (got A+s on all of the light world there).

Finally home for a bit as well. Spent most of the past two weeks on the road, and I had grabbed Civilization Revolution a while back when it was free on the iPhone. I've never played a Civ game before, and this was enjoyable at first but lost it's fun fast. I got my ass handed to me twice but then figured out the AI and it became a 2 hour+ exercise in tedium.
  • I'm playing Call of duty Modern Warfare one and damn there are a lot of grenades thrown at you.. I can handle getting out of gun fire but those grenades just keep coming.
  • edited November 2010
    I am 87th best out of 12,646 players on Pac-Man CS DX Highway Course. I'm going to make this shit my Advance Wars and get all S-rank. The last game I did that on was Mario Kart: Super Circuit. Ask Pete about my skills at that game.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • If that game was on the Wii or PS3, Japanese teenagers would be owning your shit right now.
  • Played it. It was interesting for a little while but with no single-player story mode and limited investment in my playing multiplayer I got bored with it pretty quick. It wasn't a bad game. Did some interesting stuff visually. Not a whole lot of strategic depth, though.
    I feel like it would be fun to play multi-player but at the same time learning the game seems to be pretty steep.