This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What Have You Been Listening To? (Don't make this thread a wall of embedded youtubes)

Comments

• I've been listening to this new Los Campesinos! track nonstop. Video's pretty dark, though.

• Justice is the shit.

• This shit's my jam.
  • Listening to Jim Darkmagic (of the New Hampshire Darkmagics) kicking ass and taking names.
  • Been listening through this lady's Youtube. I'm pretty sure I like her music for much the same reason as the Yoshida Brothers.
  • Been in a big Noriyuki Iwadare mood lately.
  • Short music for short people
    Short music for short people
    I had this album in highschool till someone stole my book of 300 cds..... I only remember this song on it.
  • edited October 2011
    Good choice.
    Post edited by ninjarabbi on
  • I've been listening to a lot of Warren Zevon as of late. Since I'm actually nice enough to buy the music I like, I tried to find a CD of his in my area. I was to two shops and no dice. Crying shame I tell ya. Well, I'll get a best of album off of Amazon. Until then:

• I can't decide if I like Lifter Puller's "Fiestas + Fiascos" or The Hold Steady's "Stay Positive" more.

• I've been really digging The Taxpayers lately.
  • New Dead Milkmen album... wait, what?

Also, the new Big Fresh album is indie pop perfection.
  • Speaking of indie pop perfection, the new Big Troubles album is like all I've been listening to lately.

Their older album is pretty good too from what I've heard of it. It's more shoegazey.

• Guys, I found the origin of dubstep: Australia.

Still don't believe me?

Factually incorrect, but the didgeridoo is a fun instrument.
    Factually incorrect
    Somehow... somehow I knew you would say something like that.
    Factually incorrect
    Somehow... somehow I knew you would say something like that.
    :D
  • Gah, can't stop replaying this! @_@ It's soooooo good!

• edited November 2011
    GET DWN W/ YR NEW BEAUTIFUL LYFESTYLE

I didn't really love The Best Music, but this new George & Jonathan album is about ten times better.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Kaskade: Fire & Ice

I can honestly listen to all of his music and enjoy every single minute.
  • George and Johnathon's new album just dropped go get it.
  • Circle of Ouroborus is an experimental black metal band, and the experiment is that sometimes they're a postpunk band and sometimes their guitars sound like synths (That's why this isn't in the metal thread). Cool stuff.

And, to prove the postpunk thing, a Joy Division cover:

P.S. Sorry for all the youtubes, they have a really diverse sound I'm trying to represent

P.P.S. I don't think I represented their black metal side enough.
  • SMiLE is... ok, I guess.
  • A lot of ELO and this:
  • The new Los Campesinos! album is pretty awesome, as expected.
  • edited November 2011
    [Edit] Ninja'd! Haha, nice timing.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Most new music seems kinda meh to me, but I've been rather hooked to The Automatic lately.