This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What Have You Been Listening To? (Don't make this thread a wall of embedded youtubes)

Comments

• Apreche said:

Nukerjsr said:

This is such a guilty pleasure, but I love it. Europop just puts me in a good mood.

That isn't even Dr. Bombay's best song.

You're both off beat. This is the Dr. Bombay song you should be listening to.
  • http://2mellomakes.bandcamp.com/track/escape

This album is pretty decent. I really like this song. The album is a mashup of FF IV and Wu Tang.
  • Pretty wicked little local band.

• The Beatles Mono in vinyl
    It is good stuff guys.

• Lennart Poettering's themesong
  • New Circa Survive is amazing
  • The Gorillaz have come back into my life. Really need to listen to all their discography.

• The Gorillaz have come back into my life. Really need to listen to all their discography.

• Lately I've been listening to a lot of Me First and the Gimmie Gimmies:

• Recently I went back to Plastic Beach and liked it a bit more, but nothing beats Demon Days. It's a fantastic album. Their first album is a bit too scattered, but has some great songs.
  • Many moons ago, I tried to listen to Against Me!, starting with their most critically acclaimed album, they're initial EP. It sucks ass and is damn near unlistenable. But when they Opened for Gaslight, they played a lot of their recent stuff, and that I really like.

• edited December 2014
    Bought "The Songs of Tony Sly: A tribute" recently. It's an album in which pretty much every currently big punk band covers a song of Tony Sly, the singer of No Use for a Name who died of a drug related seizure in 2012. The proceeds of the album are donated to his wife and two children. Sly also established himself as an acoustic artist in the last decade.

Holy crap, this album is amazing. Not only is the lineup a who's who in Punk Rock currently, pretty much every band brings their A game, which isn't something that happens often on tribute albums. This thing is amazing. I also recommend buying it through a digital download service because that gives another 20 minutes of additional material, including a song of the german band Donots.

The only wish I had is that Millencolin and Against Me! had also been on there. Speaking of which:
    Greg said:

Many moons ago, I tried to listen to Against Me!, starting with their most critically acclaimed album, they're initial EP. It sucks ass and is damn near unlistenable. But when they Opened for Gaslight, they played a lot of their recent stuff, and that I really like.

I haven't listened to the early stuff, but got into them when I bought "New Wave" on a whim. This was after White Crosses was already out. After a couple of months I bought that album as well and both are incredible. Transgender Dysphoria Blues is also quite nice, though I prefer the previous two albums. I also very much like the Russian Spies/Occult Enemies Single.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on

• "it ain't like they make high levels gainable
    And that quote piece of American pie just ain't attainable
    So how can I sustain a full life before death
    Man I'm left out here to make it by my goddamn self"

First time I've shed tears in a long time.
  • A bit of the Payday 2 soundtrack of late, particularly the Hotline Miami update portion.

• There may have been some debate about this, but that debate is over. Neil Cicierega is the greatest artist of his generation.

http://www.neilcic.com/mouthsilence/
  • Neil Cicierega is an avatar of the Internet.
  • Human music.

• edited December 2014
    Apreche said:

There may have been some debate about this, but that debate is over. Neil Cicierega is the greatest artist of his generation.

http://www.neilcic.com/mouthsilence/

I've had Mouth Sounds on my phone for the better part of the last few months, at least. I'm expecting this to be just as good.

Edit: Wow, this mix made me realize how well the pokemon lyrics matches with "I Want You Back".
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • edited January 2015
    Bought "Electric" by The Cult a couple of days ago. This album if sooooooo goooooooooood.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • Lizzy.... your song is not the best.

• edited January 2015

kind of reminiscent of this song (from Armour of God)

at least in the feeling it gives me.
    Post edited by Dazzle369 on
  • Between reading Keith Richards' autobiography, watching Cocksucker Blues, and starting in on STP by Robert Greenfield, I've developed an intense fascination with and love of the Rolling Stones.
  • I've been surfing the web with the Red Army Choir in the background recently. It's been years since I listened to them, and Bella Ciao is still my favorite song.

• Been getting back into Sigur Ros a lot recently. Also gearing up for the new Modest Mouse album.
  • Picked up "Dylan's Gospel" by The Brothers and Sisters at In Your Ear on a whim. It might be the greatest cover album I've ever heard.

• A couple of Armin van Buuren songs, and some Ivan Torrent
  • On the Impossible Past by The Menzingers is an absolutely amazing album.

Also recently got:
    Oh! Calcutta! by The Lawrance Arms
    Freak Out! by Teenage Bottlerocket
    Agitations by Cobra Skulls
    Souvenir by Banner Pilot
    Gemini Her Majesty by Rx Bandits

All of which are very good.

• Sweet sensation!
    The music that we play!!