This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What Have You Been Listening To? (Don't make this thread a wall of embedded youtubes)

Comments

• Crazy intricate Japanese instrumental math rock.

• Guys, this fucking cut is absolutely amAzing.

I'm now on a mad hunt to find anything Dobie Gray. I've already had to turn to used record stores and the Discogs market place.
  • edited July 2014
    Been listening to a lot of Frenzal Rhomb recently.

Pube dreads!

Real Estate!

Russel Crowe!

Drugs!

Hippies!
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Rediscovered Russkaja. They're from Vienna and describe their music a "Russian Turbo Polka".

• Now on heavy rotation:
    Dead Language by The Flatliners
    Get Hurt by The Gaslight Anthem
    Metropole by The Lawrance Arms
    The Black Market by Rise Against
    Yesterdays by Pennywise
    Oot & Aboot by The Real McKenzies
    The Vertigo of Bliss by Biffy Clyro
    Punk gibt's nicht Umsonst (Teil III) by Wizo (german)
    Kasatchok Superstar by Russkaja
    Glass Boys by Fucked Up
    Gold by The Black
    Rocket to Russia by The Ramones
    Mandatory Fun by Weird Al Yankovic
  • So, I think me and Pegu are both of the mind that the new Gaslight Anthem album was only okay. Looking forward to the new Allen Stone, Jaimie T, and (though this is only rumoured) Beat Circus. Until then, I've been trying to get into 60s and 70s soul -- starting with all my dad's old soul CDs.
  • All the KPop groups are making big releases soon. TTS, Crayon Pop, and (lord save us) Orange Caramel. They have already begun to post teasers. I thought my body was ready, but it's not.

• That second one sounds like something off of a dollar store music cd for kids. "Keep Your Toddler Entertained in the Car While Driving Yourself Slowly Insane: Volume 6" or something.
  • That second one sounds like something off of a dollar store music cd for kids. "Keep Your Toddler Entertained in the Car While Driving Yourself Slowly Insane: Volume 6" or something.

I think it's a play on a Korean nursery rhyme of some sort. It's probably just the intro to the song or something.
  • Guys, I found the rarest Nilsson LP ever at In Your Ear, and it was only $5. I don't think Reed (the manager) knew what he had. It's awesome.
  • This song is ready to be included in Dance Dance Revolution.

• Royal blood is fucking sick.

• edited August 2014
    I've been listening to "Tanelorn" by Blind Guardian and "Valkyries" also by Blind Guardian. IF you're looking for some power metal to pump up your day, look no further I suppose.
    Post edited by Thenightsurgeon on
  • edited August 2014
    Apreche said:

This song is ready to be included in Dance Dance Revolution.

[Vidyer]

Damn I'm not into K-pop but that music video was actual entertainment.

I imagine myself wearing one of those Moulin Rouge-esque t-shirts to a con or something, that'd be a good time.
    Post edited by SWATrous on
  • edited August 2014
    New MaSu is being released over the next 4 days in various regions, but it's on the internet now if you know where to look.
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • Pegu said:

New MaSu is being released over the next 4 days in various regions, but it's on the internet now if you know where to look.

Ahoy.
  • Went to see That Handsome Devil because a friend had an extra ticket. Godforbid's stage presence and craft of performance was unparalleled among acts of similar success. In the studio, they're not as powerful, but their sound is just as unique and bizarrely genius (which is the best kind of genius)
  • Sorry again, but KPop is so ridiculously strong this month. Also, I found this great YouTube account created by a producer from M Countdown that shows the performances from one camera angle with no cuts.

So first off, the badasses of 2PM have gone crazy. The most fun since they did "Hands Up"

T-ARA is back with Sugar free. So much dance at the beginning. I wish they would repeat that part later in the song, but they don't.

Super Junior is back after a long time for a short window after some members completed military service and others are about to enter it. They are winning all the shows.

And last, but the exact opposite of least, TTS has appeared.

• Don't forget Hellorb.

His best song is "Piss Admiral Dildo Captain."
    http://dendycrew.com/track/piss-admiral-dildo-captain
  • See if you can figure out the vibe I'm going for in this playlist and suggest songs to add to it!

http://open.spotify.com/user/geeknightsrym/playlist/1Co4CcvCJxVKQimz4QuIxh

So far:

Because the Night
    Starry Eyed (Russ Chimes remix)
    Bicycle Race (Blumchen)
    Power Plant
    Hydrogen
    Indiscriminate Murder is Counter-Productive
    Hocus Pocus
    Circus
    Stamp on the Ground
  • Nightmare Night [WoodenToaster + Mic The Microphone] would fit perfectly in that playlist of yours.
  • Totally unrelated:

• Listening to this way more than I care to admit.
    https://play.spotify.com/album/24iw0Tvl14MriBLapxEZn6
  • This is such a guilty pleasure, but I love it. Europop just puts me in a good mood.

• Nukerjsr said:

This is such a guilty pleasure, but I love it. Europop just puts me in a good mood.

That isn't even Dr. Bombay's best song.

• For those who bought the Transistor OST through Super Giant Games, they updated the OST to include an instrumental version with humming from Red along with some remixes. It's great background music for when I'm reading though hundreds of pages of records.

Destiny OST. Also good stuff. I really am digging the main menu tracks. It's not and offical OST, but some awesome fan took the PS4 music and put it out there on the internets.

NPR introduced me to Kat Edmonson. She's today's version of Billie Holiday with similarities to Adele.

Those are my 3 current go to music that I've been listening to this past week.
  • The twins Choa and Way from Crayon Pop have their own sub-unit and mini-album. Here's the MV of the single.

It's OK, but this other track on the album is much better.