This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Republican? Just scream and lie.

Comments

• I laugh at your political ignorant image, but not for the reason you probably think I laugh at it.
  • My favorite part was that sad-sack sitting in the front row during Obama's closing statement. Motherfucker looked like Droopy Dog. He was like "nobody's gonna let me ask my question."

Actually my favorite part was when Obama saids "please go on" because nobody has ever said "please go on" except in situations where a person is about to drop the hammer on themselves.
  • I laugh at your political ignorant image, but not for the reason you probably think I laugh at it.
    Elaborate? I'm not sure what you're getting at.

• I think he was referring to the image that muppet posted. Not sure.
    Elaborate? I'm not sure what you're getting at.

Hint: Recursion.
  • I think he was referring to the image that muppet posted. Not sure.
    Aye.
  • The difference between trolling and having an insightful comment is that when you have an insightful comment, you just make the comment.
  • The difference between trolling and having an insightful comment is that when you have an insightful comment, you just make the comment.
    Timing is important.
    Timing is important.
    To trolls. I'm already bored.
  • You gotta admit, Romney really did own the assault weapon question. Made Obama look like a loon.
  • Really? I thought he rambled sort of incoherently for way too long and was put back on track by the moderator, then rambled on some more.
  • Of course, for decades we're still talking about gays, abortion, guns, and religion. Why can't we talk about the fact that the US has the largest defense budget in the world, more than the next 25 or so countries combined? Why can't we talk about our for-profit prisons, the fact that we have the largest prison population in the world, and that the prison population is mostly minorities? Why can't we talk about the fact that we're something like 18th in education, in the teens in healthcare... is there anything we lead the world in anymore besides military spending and imprisoned citizens?
  • It's sad that muppet posted that image in response to someone talking about ignorance of the "politics" of government. Not necessarily politics as government. I, personally, would admire a person that can truly be ignorant of the politics and focus on policy and government in and of themselves. No person should be ignorant, but in this context it's like Muppet mocked himself.
  • Is English not your first language? That is the biggest knot of semantic bullshit I've seen in months.
  • The author of the quote is using a much earlier context for "political" than the one which Matt was claiming ignorance of. That you don't see that is exactly your problem.
  • edited October 2012
    Still just semantics. The philosophy is perfectly relevant. The rest of your comment is just offhand nonsense after the weak semantics argument.

Canine - The fact that the last 2 (and probably this) elections were even so close is a testament to how ignorant and backwards the US has become. Secession/Civil War seem like inevitable solutions even if they're a hundred years out. I don't think there's much chance of a cultural repair that will bring people back together philosophically or politically. 9/11 did it for like, a week.
    Post edited by muppet on
  • You gotta admit, Romney really did own the assault weapon question. Made Obama look like a loon.
    Really? His answer was little more than an attempt to not look heartless while simultaneously avoiding the wrath of the NRA. Obama's answer was similar.

I'm not sure how in any way what Obama said would even conceivably make him look like a "loon."
    As always, these gifs really raise the discourse level in here. :-)

• Well you just proved that you don't know the context for your own image macros. So I got what I wanted out of it.
  • edited October 2012
    The quote stands on its own, that's why it's quoted. The context is academic. If that's a victory for you, you aim low.
    Post edited by muppet on
  • You guys. This is dumb. Let it go and discuss something interesting.
  • The quote stands on its own, that's why it's quoted. The context is academic. If that's a victory for you, you aim low.
    What can I say, you're all crotch?
  • This Wikipedia article is blocked by my employer's firewall:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_penis_size

I work in a hospital.
  • It is really easy to get an astonishing amount of posts out of you guys.
  • The quote stands on its own, that's why it's quoted. The context is academic. If that's a victory for you, you aim low.
    What can I say, you're all crotch?
    My exes have made comparisons to beer cans, so there may be something to that.
  • It is really easy to get an astonishing amount of posts out of you guys.
    I wouldn't pat yourself on the back too hard. I'm both bored and argumentative.
  • edited October 2012
    I remember arguments in the elementary school playground that had more substance than this.
    Post edited by Andrew on