This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Republican? Just scream and lie.

Comments

• I think my fav story about the trip is the 1KM tunnel the army is building for Obama in one hour!

Why is he going there?
  • Republicans ran on "repeal and replace" of ObamaCare, I expect them to follow through on that promise.
    Do you think they would actually replace it with anything useful? Don't you want all my animator friends to be able to get basic health care?
    Why is he waiting several weeks to talk with the the leaders of the House and Senate? Why is he taking an immensely expensive trip right after the election?
    Because international diplomatic visits are among some of the president's responsibilities as a world leader. This isn't some pleasure cruise. This is a job, keeping in constant touch not only with America, but with the governments of the rest of the world as well. Also, this trip is not as expensive as people are saying. Why do people give such credit to unsubstantiated rumors?
    Why do the Obama's act more like royalty than a Presidential family?
    >:o
    How on earth are they acting like royalty? By being diplomatic to countries outside ours? Because a real president is totally AMERICA ONLY ALL THE TIME YEEEEHAW!
  • edited November 2010
    Church sign in Harlem reads the following:
    "The blood of Jesus against Obama, history made 4 Nov 2008, a Taliban Muslim illegally elected president USA:Hussein"

Ann Coulter tweets a pic of it, Palin favorites it.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • Church sign in Harlem reads the following:
    "The blood of Jesus against Obama, history made 4 Nov 2008, a Taliban Muslim illegally elected president USA:Hussein"

Typical. More religion baiting from the edges of sanity.

Tax status revocation in 3, 2, never.

I... just.. RRRRRGH.
  • What is the context behind the retweet and favoriting? Are they agreeing with the sign or just pointing out stupid shit on the Internet like so many of us do
  • What is the context behind the retweet and favoriting? Are they agreeing with the sign or just pointing out stupid shit on the Internet like so many of us do
    Yes, I've noticed those two love to point out the folly of extreme conservatives who malign their political opponents. They're extremely judicious that way.
    Yes, I've noticed those two love to point out the folly of extreme conservatives who malign their political opponents. They're extremely judicious that way.
    Of course. They're just saying, "LOL, look at those crazy conservatives. We're not crazy that way, nosiree."
    Coulter declared it her new church, and you can guess what "favoriting" means yourself.
  • edited November 2010
    What is the context behind the retweet and favoriting? Are they agreeing with the sign or just pointing out stupid shit on the Internet like so many of us do
    Coulter declared it her new church, and you can guess what "favoriting" means yourself.
    Favoriting must mean that it's her favorite way of saying that this is not what conservatives believe, conservatives are more reasonable than the people who made the sign, and conservatives are not crazy in any way.

She's just pointing out the error of the sign. She's using it as a teachable moment to show why it's wrong to be a crazy racist. /Steve-speak
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • To quote Rachel Maddow: "So, uh. This happened."
    (Keith Olbermann being suspended).
  • It must be nice to paint with such broad brushes. I didn't realize until today which group in America has a lock on intollerance and stupidity.

Does anyone have any links about this that do not go through the liberal punditry?
  • It must be nice to paint with such broad brushes. I didn't realize until today which group in America has a lock on intollerance and stupidity.
    I am intolerant of anti-intellectualism. I am intolerant of consistent political posturing that capitalizes on ignorance and prejudicial profiling. I am intolerant of agendas that are built on the sublimation of education with emotion. I am intolerant of the bastardization of civil liberties, the glorification of the gap between rich and poor, the grinding of the minority under the boot heel of the bigoted, and the cognitive dissonance that permeates the political right.

Yes, I am intolerant. Stupid? Maybe. Liberal? More so the longer I live and the more I see.
  • edited November 2010
    Much of what you list is equally present on the left.

Here is a small thought exercise. Why does the left claim to be inclusive and for minorities yet as soon as a minority rises on the right they are vilified as traitors to their race by those same people on the left?
    Post edited by HMTKSteve on
  • Much of what you list is equally present on the left.
    Elaborate maybe?
  • Why does the left claim to be inclusive and for minorities yet as soon as a minority rises on the right they are vilified as traitors to their race by those same people on the left?
    If you had a band, it would be called "Steve and the False Assumptions".
    I am intolerant of anti-intellectualism. I am intolerant of consistent political posturing that capitalizes on ignorance and prejudicial profiling. I am intolerant of agendas that are built on the sublimation of education with emotion. I am intolerant of the bastardization of civil liberties, the glorification of the gap between rich and poor, the grinding of the minority under the boot heel of the bigoted, and the cognitive dissonance that permeates the political right.

Yes, I am intolerant. Stupid? Maybe. Liberal? More so the longer I live and the more I see.
    Man, that is some good prose.
  • Why does the left claim to be inclusive and for minorities yet as soon as a minority rises on the right they are vilified as traitors to their race by those same people on the left?
    Perhaps because it means they are (deluded-ly or not) actively working against their best interests? Think civil rights. Think slavery.
    Perhaps because it means they are (deluded-ly or not) actively working against their best interests? Think civil rights. Think slavery.
    Don't bite. He needs to demonstrate that someone's actually using the term "race traitor" before you have to try to justify it. And for that matter, unless you were the one who called someone a race traitor, you probably shouldn't try to justify it at all.
  • edited November 2010
    Actually, Steve spent a lot of time in one thread defending slavery.
    I consider his use of slavery to be acceptable.
    I am not justifying slavery as a whole, only in certain circumstances
    Link
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • Here is a small thought exercise. Why does the left claim to be inclusive and for minorities yet as soon as a minority rises on the right they are vilified as traitors to their race by those same people on the left?
    Please provide some examples of this happening. Specifically, X people "on the left" (and let's make it notable people, not random nobodies on the internet), claiming to be inclusive and for minorities, and then calling minorites who "rise on the right" traitors to their race. I think 3 will do. Can't wait to see them! Thanks!
  • edited November 2010
    Dubbya's book came out, and in his interview with Matt Lauer said some things I found fairly disgusting. To whit:
    1. He said that knowing what we know today, he still would have gone to war in Iraq just to kill Saddam. Yeah. Screw the lies about WMD's and the lies about the terror ties. It was what we all said it was from the start: A pointless, stupid adventure. He still doesn't think it was a bad idea ten years, thousands of American lives, and tens of thousands of Iraqi lives later. Way to continue to never admit you were wrong, asshole.
    2. He stood by water-boarding and torture. Stay klassy. I hope you and everyone who supported you dies in a fire.
    Post edited by GreatTeacherMacRoss on
  • As much as i think the Tea Party and capital L Libertarians are kinda dumb, I feel their pain. I feel like Bullwinkle, reaching into that hat for another goddamned rabbit. "This time, for sure!"
  • edited November 2010
    Rand Paul: "What, you actually believed what I told you during my campaign?"
    And this is supremely why I don't vote or support the Republican party any more. They do what they want and what serves their interests, not the interests of their voters. They lie to convince relatively poor American's that a tax cut on the wealthy is totally awesome for them and they should vote for it. Ugh, rage.

EDIT: Also, earmarks? Really tea party? Yup, cutting $48B from the budget is really going to balance that shit.
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • EDIT: Also, earmarks? Really tea party? Yup, cutting $48B from the budget is really going to balance that shit.
    It's almost like there's another reason for the tea party, something less socially acceptable....
  • It sort of looks like the teabaggers are getting what they deserve with Paul. Sadly, now everyone else has to deal with their bullshit.
  • It sort of looks like the teabaggers are getting what they deserve with Paul.
    It's . . . it's almost like he's teabagging them.
  • It sort of looks like the teabaggers are getting what they deserve with Paul.
    It's . . . it's almost like he's teabagging them.
  • "...The Objectivists!"

*ba-dum tsch*