This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

To Speak Up or Not?

Comments

• Some people here are fast approaching the age when a good night's sleep is at least as appealing, or perhaps even more appealing, than sex. That kinda puts a different spin on these types of questions.
  • Some people here are fast approaching the age when a good night's sleep is at least as appealing, or perhaps even more appealing, than sex. That kinda puts a different spin on these types of questions.
    And what age is that?
  • Infinity. HungryJoe is getting pretty close, though.
    And what age is that?
    I remember being on a date when I was about 35 and I started thinking that I was a lot more interested in whether the girl had a nice, comfortable bed than in any of her physical characteristics (which were good, of course, as was her personality - I just found myself becoming more interested in what thread count her sheets had, what her mattress was like, how recently she had washed the sheets, and so forth)
  • edited August 2009
    Who says you have to choose between sex OR have a good night's sleep? "Smexing" can happen at any time of day.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • I just found myself becoming more interested in what thread count her sheets had, what her mattress was like, how recently she had washed the sheets, and so forth)
    That's what you get for running. Carousel is nothing to be afraid of.
  • A friend of mine went on carousel. Now he's gone.
  • What's carousel?
    Not gone. Reborn. Didn't you pay attention in rearing?
    Not gone. Reborn. Didn't you pay attention in rearing?
    Everything made sense... until Box.
  • You guys won't be laughing when the Sandmen come for you.
  • What's carousel?
    It's a Logan's Run reference.
  • What's carousel?
    It's a Logan's Run reference.
    Ooooh. Now I feel moderately uncultured.
  • edited August 2009
    I had a roommate once who postulated that hours spent on sex could replace hours of sleep without negative consequences.

Anyone care to test this theory? We should do an experiment.
    Post edited by Nuri on
  • edited August 2009
    The fact that my first thought was to the illogicality of replacing sleep with physical exertion and not to some kind of vulgar joke worries me.

Tits, tits, tits.. There, just dirtied my mind back up.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • The fact that my first thought was to the illogicality of replacing sleep with physical exertion and not to some kind of vulgar joke worries me.
    Right then, you can be in the Control Group. ;)
  • I had a roommate once who postulated that hours spent on sex could replace hours of sleep without negative consequences.

Anyone care to test this theory? We should do an experiment. Who wants to volunteer for Control? ;)
    How many times are you replicating the experiment? I mean, the larger the sample size, the more accurate the data...

I'm thinking you'd need at least several hundred data points. Sounds like a tough job to me.
  • I'm thinking you'd need at least several hundred data points. Sounds like a tough job to me.
    Yes, the prospect of so much work is terribly distressing.
  • edited August 2009
    I'm thinking you'd need at least several hundred data points. Sounds like a tough job to me.
    Yes, the prospect of so much work is terribly distressing.
    Well, I can't possibly let you do that sort of research alone. Two scientific minds are better than one! I'm all about experimentation. :P
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • Well, I can't possibly let you do that sort of research alone. Two scientific minds are better than one! I'm all about experimentation. :P
    *Facepalm^ ;-p
  • Anyone care to test this theory? We should do an experiment.
    I'll hold the camera Operate the Data collection equipment.
  • Anyone care to test this theory? We should do an experiment.
    I'llhold the cameraOperate the Data collection equipment.
    We may need you to assist in some of the research in a more hands-on fashion as well. Are you good with rope?
  • I always think that it's extremely situational. If it's like, late at night and there's only you and the antagonist then you shouldn't get involved. While you may make yourself look stupid in front of a crowd or in the daytime, the less chance that anything serious will happen.

I remember one time in a Wal-Mart around Midnight, I heard the most ignorant shit I've ever heard and I wanted to tell off the group of hicks...but they were a group of hicks, no one else was around, and I assumed they had nothing to lose.
  • edited August 2009
    I assumed they had nothing to lose.
    Awesome. :)

EDIT: This might be ambiguous. What I mean is that these hicks probably having "nothing to lose" is a hilarious observation.
    Post edited by Funfetus on
  • The above is a reason why I should thank God every day that I live in the city, despite the inevitable douchebaggery.
  • The above is a reason why I should thank God every day that I live in the city, despite the inevitable douchebaggery.
    There are douchebags everywhere. At least in the city, there are usually other people around as well. I have to agree with you on that.
    I encounter douchbaggery on a regular basis in the city. A different form compared to hick douches. Me and the boyfriend made a game out of spotting them and their interactions with us. It's turning douches into lemonade. Except it tastes kinda vinegar like.
  • I guess I should devolve more into the reason I felt that way.

Another reason I didn't want to tell off the hicks, is because I just ended a hatred I had for this hick kid I knew from high school who used to annoy the shit out of me. And after I called him a "faggot" one day, I think he started stalking me. (He's the real street-racer, "I'm so tough", backwards cap, earring type) And after I apologized to me, he was all. "Oh, that's good because now you can be my damn friend!" And I really wanted to say: Motherfucker, I don't want to be your damn friend. (I did find out lulz along the way about him though)

So after I ended that, I didn't want to start another fight. This was all during that same trip to Wal-Mart and after I left I was like. "I can't fucking wait until I move to the city."
  • edited August 2009
    And after I called him a "faggot" one day
    Umm, that's kind of a dick-hick thing to do yourself, kid.

Besides, these weren't even people you knew, right? You would probably never see them again. Or were you just worried about getting yourself pounded?
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • It's turning douches into lemonade. Except it tastes kinda vinegar like.
    Eeeewww....