This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Office romance

Comments

• EDIT: Also, every time Churba posts, I get more excited about the fact that I'll likely be living in Australia for a while, either after med school or while studying bio abroad.
    I will teach you things, My young padawan, Things that will keep you alive.
  • I will teach you things, My young padawan, Things that will keep you alive.
  • So I'm an awesome fish that is nonetheless likely to be moldy?
  • So I'm an awesome fish that is nonetheless likely to be moldy?
    Perhaps it is awesome mold that we can scrape off of you and turn into cheese.
  • Story time: I was talking with some friends in a bar once and a girl I was with mentioned that she "Harvested her own yeast for baking bread." At that point the rest of us got a little nauseated and she had to explain that it wasn't THAT kind of yeast. She collected some from different areas she's been too.
  • Story time: I was talking with some friends in a bar once and a girl I was with mentioned that she "Harvested her own yeast for baking bread." At that point the rest of us got a little nauseated and she had to explain that it wasn't THAT kind of yeast. She collected some from different areas she's been too.
    Really? That is my go-to raunchy joke.
    Really? That is my go-to raunchy joke.
    That's not really raunchy so much as revolting. It's funny but definitely very high on the gross scale. It's up there with scrotal breasts and menstrual crimson.

Fuck that book.
  • That's not really raunchy so much as revolting. It's funny but definitely very high on the gross scale. It's up there with scrotal breasts and menstrual crimson.Fuck that book.
    I revoke your metal status. Wuss.
  • That's not really raunchy so much as revolting. It's funny but definitely very high on the gross scale. It's up there with scrotal breasts and menstrual crimson.Fuck that book.
    I revoke your metal status. Wuss.
    Yeast infections are most definitely not metal, and I'm sure many women will agree. Demons and shit are fine, but yeast infections? Ick.
  • Fuck that book.
    Which book?
  • Fuck that book.
    Which book?
    The Judging Eye
  • edited October 2009
    @ Pete: Yeast infections are like demons. Metal lyrics often delve into disgusting subjects. Just because this one crosses your ick line doesn't mean it isn't metal. You simply are not metal enough to handle it. I say again "Wuss."
    Also, Cannibal Corpse - need I say more?
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • @ Pete: Yeast infections are like demons. Metal lyrics often delve into disgusting subjects. Just because this one crosses your ick line doesn't mean it isn't metal. You simply are not metal enough to handle it. I say again "Wuss."
    Go ahead and read every Cannibal Corpse lyric. They never mention yeast infections. You know why? Because yeast infections are too gross for Cannibal Corpse.
  • @ Pete: Yeast infections are like demons. Metal lyrics often delve into disgusting subjects. Just because this one crosses your ick line doesn't mean it isn't metal. You simply are not metal enough to handle it. I say again "Wuss."
    Go ahead and read every Cannibal Corpse lyric. They never mention yeast infections. You know why? Because yeast infections aretoo gross for Cannibal Corpse.
    They mention equally gross things. This particular subject just passes your ick line.
    Why does this conversation remind me of the queef v. fart South Park episode?
  • Ok, here is a little update.
    It looks like the girl have being having some sort of relationship with guy through google chat, yesterday she called him and the guy basically told her that he still had feelings for his ex-girlfriend. Suffice to say that she cried while they were on the phone and she was pretty down today. I haven't actually told her anything yet. I wanted to get to know her better first.
    It looks like the girl have being having some sort of relationship with guy through google chat, yesterday she called him and the guy basically told her that he still had feelings for his ex-girlfriend. Suffice to say that she cried while they were on the phone and she was pretty down today. I haven't actually told her anything yet. I wanted to get to know her better first.
    Keeping asking her to lunch.
    Rebound!
  • Rebound!
    Be careful, though. Rebounds can go either way.
  • Rebound!
    *facepalm*
  • Rebound!
    Be careful, though. Rebounds can go either way.
    Yes, but so can any relationship.
    Also, it sounds like it was just google chat relationship - not a real relationship.
  • Yes, but so can any relationship.
    Also, it sounds like it was just google chat relationship - not a real relationship.
    I don't deny that, however dating or trying to date a girl who could still be emotional from a recent relationship is not a good idea.
    I don't deny that, however dating or trying to date a girl who could still be emotional from a recent relationship is not a good idea.
    IT'S A GREAT IDEA! PREY ON HER EMOTIONAL VULNERABILITY!
  • Just hold off for a week. Then ask her out again. If she is upset for more than a week about a google chat relationship ending, then she is crazy and you don't want her anyway.
  • I have no idea how you came to the conclusion that it was only a Gchat relationship.
  • I have no idea how you came to the conclusion that it was only a Gchat relationship.
    Ok, here is a little update.
    Emphasis added.
    IT'S A GREAT IDEA! PREY ON HER EMOTIONAL VULNERABILITY!
    Apply the Knee of Justice, then assert your authority as the greater sex! She'll thank you later.
  • Emphasis added.
    Har har, but that doesn't mean it was only a chat relationship.
  • Emphasis added.
    Har har, but that doesn't mean it was only a chat relationship.
    She was having a relationship THROUGH google chat.
  • She was having a relationship THROUGH google chat.
    At work, I talk to a lot of people through gtalk at work.
  • edited October 2009
    She was having a relationship THROUGH google chat.
    At work, I talk to a lot of people through gtalk at work.
    I'm going off of what he said. Maybe there is more to it, but I can't assume that with the information provided.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on