This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Office romance

1235»

Comments

• IMPORTANT: What does her facebook status read?

I hate Internet drama :-p
  • edited October 2009
    She was having a relationship THROUGH google chat.
    At work, I talk to a lot of people through gtalk at work.
    I'm going off of what he said. Maybe there is more to it, but I can't assume that with the information provided.
    They also know each other in person, actually she will see him on a Halloween party that she is going on Satruday. What really confuses me is that she continue talking with the dude on Gchat even though he made her cry yesterday through the phone. It took a lot of "work" for my co-workers and I to lift her spirits (it might have involve me singing "Somewhere over a Rainbow" in order to make her laugh again). Her excuse was that she wanted to be polite :S .
    The other thing is that a mutual friend of us is trying to set her up with a dude.
    I was kind of surprised when I heard that she cry, I was not expecting that of her.

Her facebook status says: "Single"
    And today she asked me for the link of "Simple Facebook"
    Post edited by Erwin on
  • And today she asked me for the link of "Simple Facebook"
    Simple Facebook? Chronos, what be this witchcraft!?
    The other thing is that a mutual friend of us is trying to set her up with a dude.
    Get him to set her up with you. It'll be like some wild and wacky screwball comedy!
  • And today she asked me for the link of "Simple Facebook"
    You mean Facebook Lite?
  • Ask your mutual friend, why they tried to set this girl up with someone else?

They may know something you don't.
  • Final update, in case you being wondering. So, basically the dude went to her house on Sunday apologised for making her cry and she took him back. At least she seems happy. Which it what matters the most. I knew there was a problem the moment I heard she cried for 2 hours. I have made peace with myself and I think that this is for the best.
  • It has being a long time, this time there is not much angst as before. Basically I am in a new place learning a lot of awesome stuff. I am thinking on inviting a cute chinese girl to the opening of "Scott Pilgrim Vs The World" on Friday. I am pretty sure she would say yes. However, today I found something that makes me feel a little awkward. Basically that the guy that is training my and who is leaving in two weeks is thinking on ask her out. The girl in question is an intern and she is pretty cool, she just finished her sophomore year at a university in California, and she is spending the summer with her mom while she is doing the internship at the place where I work.
    So here is the thing, should I still ask her out to watch the movie. Or should I just let the guys who is training me asking her out (for some weird reason he is most of the time angry at me, but when he is ok he seems like a pretty cool guy, though I like it better when someone else trains me).
    Is this a case of bros before hos?
    Also, I really do not want to go to watch "Scott Pilgrim Vs The World" alone :O
  • Is this a case of bros before hos?
    I highly doubt this angry dude who trains you is your bro, so no.
  • 1. You don't owe the guy who is training you jack or squat. Go for it and ask her out.
    2. That being said, I tend to follow the rule of "don't get your honey where you make your money." If she's just an intern, is only going to be working there for the summer, and is going to be looking for full-time employment with a different company in the future, there's no worries. If she's going to be employed there where you work full-time in the future then you need to weigh the risks and benefits of dating someone who works in the same place you do. If there's any drama or tension in the relationship, that could carry over to the workplace. Just be aware of that. :)
  • Her last day is on Sept 10 and she is only in MD for the summer.
    I highly doubt this angry dude who trains you is your bro, so no.
    Angry dudes are not your bros.
    Nope. Bro's before ho's only applies in cases where there is a clear detriment to said bros as a result of your interaction with said ho or hos, and does not include cases of "Oh, he got there first."
    If you're trying to conduct a stately courtship of a ho, then it's simply a case of may the better man(in said ho's opinion) win.

Also, one must make an assessment as to if Angry guy is your bro, or not bro, but the the sound of it, he is decidedly anti-bro, and thus, you owe him absolutely no allegiance under the Bro Code.
  • Bros before hos is when a dude screws over his bro friends because of a ho.

For example, you have an annual camping trip with the bros. But the ho comes and tells you that there's some antiquing or some shit she wants to do that weekend.

If you go antiquing, just cut off your balls right there.
  • "Bros before hos" is actually the statement rallying against that phenomenon, Scott (not that it works). It's like "chicks before dicks" for the other side.
  • "Bros before hos" is actually the statement rallying against that phenomenon, Scott (not that it works).
    Yeah, that's what I said.
  • I s'pose I misread that first sentence then. :x
  • She said yes, but for next week. Today I got a hold of two tickets for an early release tomorrow afternoon I can't wait :D