This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Santa Row Crew (Forum Secret Santa Sign-up)

Comments

• Maybe the Santas should send in any tracking information they might have, at least to alleviate some of the anxiety?
  • I'm still waiting on my Santee as well.
  • Well, any Santa who wants to relay information to their Santee without giving themselves away can do it through whispering to me, since I have no part in this.
  • I haven't gotten mah gift either.
  • YEAH~~! I got my present and it is truly awesome! A thick comic anthology of love called Project:Romantic. All sorts of styles and moods of indie comics, all about love (and robots and ghosts and flesh eating sewer girls.) It's kind of like Flight, where you get to see a bunch of takes on a really broad theme. Totally awesome. Picture (or maybe video) forthcoming.

Thank you Santa! You have awesome taste in comic books!
  • I got my secret santa gift! It was a digital download of Psychonauts! I didn't realize it was a secret santa gift because I immediately knew who the sender was, but thanks Santa anyway!
  • I got my secret santa gift! It was a digital download of Psychonauts! I didn't realize it was a secret santa gift because I immediately knew who the sender was, but thanks Santa anyway!
    Psychonauts for the WIN!
    Psychonauts for the WIN!
    Oh yeah, seriously. And it even runs on my new netbook!
  • And it even runs on my new netbook!
    Wow. That's badass! Excellent 2nd wave of gifts!

I have to say sorry to MY santee, though. Apparently, the package was damaged and sent back to me. Since it was a crafts gift, I had to remake the entire thing all over again. :(
  • Did my santee get his gift? Seriously, I want to know.

TT0TT
  • I must have been a bad girl. Santa removed me from his list. ; _ ;

J/K. I will still await my gift, unless informed otherwise.
    Psychonauts for the WIN!
    Oh yeah, seriously. And it even runs on my new netbook!
    I got that too! Just started! It's was originally my gift to Jed, buuuuuuut no one said I couldn't play it now and then. ^_~
  • And it even runs on my new netbook!
    Wow. That's badass! Excellent 2nd wave of gifts!
    Nah, I bought that for school. It's not a gift per-se, but I am very impressed by this lil guys graphics ability.
    I got that too! Just started! It's was originally my gift to Jed, buuuuuuut no one said I couldn't play it now and then. ^_~
    In'nit fun?
  • Sent mine out again. Returned for insufficient postage....

Picked up mine from the post office today I'll post pictures after work.
  • How many still need their gifts?
  • Perhaps at the end of January we should put together a spreadsheet or something so people who still haven't gotten their gifts can hook up with their Santas, or their Santas can give them anonymous notes.

Given the posting history of my Santee, I'm not really expecting to hear whether my gift was received or not, but I hope they liked it.
  • edited January 2010
    Quite a few, it seems.

And I'm in the same boat, Nuri. My package was sent to a semester abroad program in Italy, so that would be why I haven't heard if Speckospock got his gift or not, but I'm fairly certain he would have by now so I don't think it matters too much if I say his name now.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I will gladly provide a small, hand-made gift to those that have sent a gift, but not received one.
  • I think Nuri has a capital idea and I think someone should do it as it should prove useful now, and if we possibly repeat this next December.
  • Still no gift, but at least my giftee received the gift I sent quite some time ago and seems pleased with it. ^_^
  • Still no gift, but at least my giftee received the gift I sent quite some time ago and seems pleased with it. ^_^
    This. I really don't mind not getting a gift, so don't worry Secret Santa. Just let me know.
  • I can make earrings and or necklaces for you two, just let me know. I don't think it's fair that you put your money and effort into a gift exchange and not get at least a little thank you or something.
  • I'd also be glad to send out extras if you don't get squat, I currently have some knitted goods surplus :)
  • If you guys want, at a specific day and time, I can just expunge the address information from the Google Doc and make it public. I'll admit, I'm currently one of the delinquent santas, so I have a vested interest in not, but...
  • Finally not that lazy to post pictures.
    (Nia steals an ice cream)

(Yotsuba wont stand for this!)
  • edited January 2010
    @Viga
    Those are so awesome.

P.S.: I have that Gurren model you can see clipped off in the first photo. It's the one that I used to do my 3D drawing that I posted in the 3D art thread.
    P.P.S.: Never mind, yours is Gurren Lagann.
    Post edited by Axel on
  • I'm sorry if I'm being cold or mean-spirited, but I really don't care if I get my gift anymore, since it shouldn't take this long to send someone a gift.
  • edited January 2010
    I'm sorry if I'm being cold or mean-spirited, but I really don't care if I get my gift anymore, since it shouldn't take this long to send someone a gift.
    I do believe we've had similar discussions on this forum before.
    You may harden yourself with the expectation that you won't get a gift, but if you do get a gift and it's awesome, do you still think you won't care?

i.e. the key to happiness is low expectations ^_~

EDIT: Also, Matt, you clearly don't get the idea of "cold" - that's more Scott's thing, a non-emotional approach. I've rarely seen the like from you.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • I'm sorry if I'm being cold or mean-spirited, but I really don't care if I get my gift anymore, since it shouldn't take this long to send someone a gift.
    The correct thing to do is think this, but not post it.
  • You know, that's basically what I whispered to him just before. I told him that saying "I don't mind if I don't get my gift" would express the same attitude, yet in a much more positive way.