This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Santa Row Crew (Forum Secret Santa Sign-up)

Comments

• I sent mine directly from the stores and I think my name will show on at least one of them. It is a minor fail, but only a minor one.
    So you are upset that someone on this forum might know your name when it's clearly in your profile?
    Sure they know her name, but they don't know it's she who sent the gift until they see her name on the gift. It's Secret Santa, after all.
  • So you are upset that someone on this forum might know your name when it's clearly in your profile?
    Sure they know her name, but they don't know it's she who sent the gift until they see her name on the gift. It's Secret Santa, after all.
    THIS!
    Anyone may know my full name, I just don't want to blow the Secret portion of the Secret Santa clause.
    Hee-hee. Puns.
  • edited December 2009
    I'm waiting to get my secret santa gift so I can ship it to my recipient. Stupid UPS taking fucking forever.
    Why did you have it shipped to yourself first instead of directly to the person?
    I guess he wanted to wrap it personally. A waste of time and money, really.
    I think it may be that the company that ships his gift doesn't have a "send as gift" option thus the gift would have a price tag on it.
    Post edited by MrRoboto on
  • I just mailed the package today, hopefully the Santee will get it sometime next week, before X-mas :P
  • edited December 2009
    My secret Santa gift just arrived, I do not know who sent it...but I think I shalt silently worship you for now on.

Pics will come when everyone else gets their gifts.

Edit: Don't spoil it, I don't want to know who sent it...yet. Atleast until I send my gift. XD
    Post edited by La Petit Mort on
  • I don't think what I planned for my gift is going to work out T_T

I have to figure out something else now.
  • My secret Santa gift just arrived, I do not know who sent it...but I think I shalt silently worship you for now on.
    I didn't know it totally had to be a secret. I would think that the Secret Santee could guess where the gift came from, seeing a return address or even where the package was postmarked from.

I was planning on adding a little extra to my present signing my name, but I guess I could just sign it as your Secret Santa.

So is that the rule? Not to tell them who it's from until everyone gets their gifts?
  • So is that the rule? Not to tell them who it's from until everyone gets their gifts?
    I don't think so. Honestly, I would be just fine with telling who I sent my gift to. Perhaps we should all tell if we want to at the end?
  • Exactly, in the end, once everyone receives their gifts. Then we'll reveal who we gave our stuff to.
  • Well, the post office warned me today that the gift would arrive (if I'm lucky) the second week of January, so to my santee I am terribly sorry.
  • Don't worry, a lot of us are going to be sending gifts that will arrive after the actual holiday. I mean, Christmas is in 4 days, and postal shipping ALWAYS takes longer around the holidays. I don't think it's going to be a big deal as long as it gets there.
  • Don't worry, a lot of us are going to be sending gifts that will arrive after the actual holiday. I mean, Christmas is in 4 days, and postal shipping ALWAYS takes longer around the holidays. I don't think it's going to be a big deal as long as it gets there.
    This. My gift isn't even actually finished yet, though I hope to have it done by tonight. That'll be a tough thing to achieve, though.
  • This. My gift isn't even actually finished yet, though I hope to have it done by tonight. That'll be a tough thing to achieve, though.
    What he said. However, my gift is looking awesome. Well, I think so at least. >.>
    Yeah, as long as people aim to get it there before the New Year, it isn't a big deal.
  • Yeah, as long as people aim to get it there before the New Year, it isn't a big deal.
    Well, I'm shipping internationally, so "before the New Year" isn't going to happen.
  • Yeah, as long as people aim to get it there before the New Year, it isn't a big deal.
    Well, I'm shipping internationally, so "before the New Year" isn't going to happen.
    Oh, I meant ship it before then, not necessarily get it there by then. D'oh.
  • I'm waiting to get my secret santa gift so I can ship it to my recipient. Stupid UPS taking fucking forever.
    Why did you have it shipped to yourself first instead of directly to the person?
    Possibly to wrap it, package it with other gifts, or to ensure that his name wasn't on any documentation with the gift.
    I sent mine directly from the stores and I think my name will show on at least one of them. It is a minor fail, but only a minor one.
    I was actually more concerned about there being an invoice with the gift. I think it'd be kinda like giving a gift with a receipt that has the price of the gift on it. Not cool.
  • This. My gift isn't even actually finished yet, though I hope to have it done by tonight. That'll be a tough thing to achieve, though.
    What he said. However, my gift is looking awesome. Well, I think so at least. >.>
    It's tough when you make it, but it's even more heartwarming and mushy. :)
  • I'm working on my Santee's gift, but I doubt it will be ready by Christmas.
  • Same here as Li_Akahi rushed at work to get everything out before christmas so I haven't had the time to get the stuff I need.
  • Looks like everyone is in the same boat. Christmas in the New Year!
  • Ha. I'm sending mine tomorrow. I kinda sad for parting with it. To the person who gets it. Can you please take a picture of it alone so I can post it on DA? I completely forgot to do so. XD
  • Looks like Nuri and I will likely send our gifts tomorrow.
  • Gonna send mine out today-ish.
  • I love my Secret Santa gift. In fact, it is so awesome that I want to keep it. >.> I guess I should give it to my Santee, anyway. Otherwise there will be a sadface, and that is no good.
  • I love my Secret Santa gift. In fact, it is so awesome that I want to keep it. >.> I guess I should give it to my Santee, anyway. Otherwise there will be a sadface, and that is no good.
    If you made it, you can just make a second for yourself. ^_~
    If you made it, you can just make a second for yourself. ^_~
    I know. I bought enough supplies to make 4 of them because of the way the supplies were packaged. I'm sure I will be making a few more eventually. They will all be one-of-a-kind, though. There's no way to replicate them exactly, and even if there was, that would be less fun.
  • My gift might not be as cool as I wanted it to be, but at least it is something worthy of cuddles and/or fear.
  • GeoGeo
    edited December 2009
    My gift was pretty good, however the real meaning of why I sent it was not communicated because when I got my Mom to order it (I don't have an income or any money to put in my PayPal Account) she didn't send it here, she sent it to my santee instead. I was going to add something to it that would have given it a totally different meaning, but when the time comes when we reveal our santees/gifts, I will carry out what I intended to do.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Whether my gift was good or not depends on how much the person likes it.