This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What movie have you seen recently?

Comments

• All I can think about is my early childhood memory, watching that movie with jaw agape as Ahnuld pulled the tracking device out through his nose.

Also, you never forget about the woman with three breasts
  • I need a quick answer: Commando or Total Recall?
    Total Recall.

Then listen to the Greatest Movie Ever Podcast about it, then Fast Karate for it. Many lols will be had. I recently relistened to them and it still stands up for hilariousness.
  • Watched Total Recall and Commando back-to-back. All I can say is:

Going to watch The Running Man tomorrow because it's already 1 AM.
  • Shrek Forever After was not good.
  • Shrek Forever Afterwas not good.
    Was it better than Shrek 3? I know that isn't much but...is it?
  • Was it better than Shrek 3? I know that isn't much but...is it?
    I've never seen Shrek 3.
  • Harry Potter 7a was kinda meh. The story of the three brothers in it was really cool though.
  • Harry Potter 7a was kinda meh. The story of the three brothers in it was really cool though.
    That was actually probably my favorite part of the movie, now that I'm reminded of it.
  • I just watched the awesome cut of Metropolis. Prettyyyy prettyyy prettyyyy pretty good.
  • I watched most of Natural Born Killers and was legitimately scared by it. I'm seriously reconsidered my opinion of Oliver Stone.
  • Watched Undercover Brother for like...The 5th Time. I love the hell out of that movie, it's a perfect thing in the background especially so I can absorb all those jokes. Plus, I never noticed until recently that Niel Patrick Harris was in the movie, I remember back then there were a lot of white, mid-20s actors who all had those same facial features.
  • edited December 2010
    WatchedUndercover Brotherfor like...The 5th Time. I love the hell out of that movie, it's a perfect thing in the background especially so I can absorb all those jokes. Plus, I never noticed until recently that Niel Patrick Harris was in the movie, I remember back then there were a lot of white, mid-20s actors who all had those same facial features.
    Undercover Brother is one of those movies that appears like a shallow crap comedy, but secretly has a little more going for it than you usually would expect. It's worth watching, but Black Dynamite is way better.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • edited December 2010
    Pootie Tang < Undercover Brother < Black Dynamite.

It's the sliding scale of New Blaxsploitation.

Edited after careful reconsideration.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Just finished The Godfather. Holy damn, that was a good movie.
  • WatchedUndercover Brotherfor like...The 5th Time. I love the hell out of that movie, it's a perfect thing in the background especially so I can absorb all those jokes. Plus, I never noticed until recently that Niel Patrick Harris was in the movie, I remember back then there were a lot of white, mid-20s actors who all had those same facial features.
    Yea I am a fan of undercover brother and it's reverse affirmative action.
  • WatchedUndercover Brotherfor like...The 5th Time. I love the hell out of that movie, it's a perfect thing in the background especially so I can absorb all those jokes. Plus, I never noticed until recently that Niel Patrick Harris was in the movie, I remember back then there were a lot of white, mid-20s actors who all had those same facial features.
    Yea I am a fan of undercover brother and it's reverse affirmative action.
    It also started the utterly hilarious trend of NPH getting high or otherwise altered, and then becoming the most awesome man in history.
    I know, right!!! *sound of progSHELL losing his shit blubbering about how awesome The Godfather is*
  • Watched Children of Men last night and really liked it. I knew absolutely nothing about the movie going in aside from the fact that it had a lot of Oscar buzz in 2006, so I had put it on my list. Didn't expect it to be sci-fi! (although that explains why it got 3 nominations but no awards). I was most impressed by the camera work. There were at least two 10+ minute action sequences all shot in one continuous take. It sucks you into the movie because you don't even realize it at the time, but the angle you watch the movie from is your viewpoint in the movie.
  • Repo Men no where near as good at Repo! The Genetic Opera. I said I would give it a chance. I did. It's not Repo. I did enjoy John Leguizamo's cameo.
  • Repo Menno where near as good atRepo! The Genetic Opera.I said I would give it a chance. I did. It's not Repo. I did enjoy John Leguizamo's cameo.
    Repo Man is better than both those movies put together.
  • Repo Manis better than both those most movies put together.
  • Repo Man was intense.
  • Watched Dirty Harry and Django yesterday. Right now I'm watching The Day After Tomorrow with Rifftrax and it's hilarious. Will probably watch Trespass or Screamers after that.
  • Rather than Trespass or Screamers, I watched the Dolph Lundgren Punisher, which was also funny, but completely unintentionally so.
  • Tron: Legacy was everything I was expecting it to be and was completely awesome, especially in 3D.
  • The original Tron was alright. Looking forward to Legacy, if only for Daft Punk and Olivia Wilde.
  • Went to see It's really good, in my opinion. Objectively? Fuck if I know, but I enjoyed the hell out of it.

Admittedly, I was watching the 3d ads at the start, and I was worried the 3d was going to be that pop out WOOOOAH A SCARY SHARK, OOP, DUCK UNDER THE BIG BALL! bullshit, but no, it was understated and used for effect, not for the sake of it.

Bonus - if the 3d makes your eyes hurt, any time he's not in computer world, you can whip off your 3d glasses, and give your eyes a quick rest - you can sill see it quite well, if it's a little bright.
  • edited December 2010
    Tron: Legacy was really good. Daft Punk, Olivia Wilde, digital life, and sweet lightcycle awesomeness.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Tron: Legacy was really good. Daft Punk, Olivia Wilde, digital life, and sweet lightcycle awesomeness.
    Happy to hear that. My brother is going to drag me to it when I get to the states in a few days.

I'm really looking forward to seeing The Fighter, I'm hearing good things about it.
    You need to watch part II.