This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Pokemon Black and White

Comments

• A challenger appears!
  • I'm more upset by the fact that the girl's shorts are obviously made from the pelt of some Pokemon.
    How can you be upset? Just reading that possibility made me change my opinion of those shorts from meh, to awesome.
  • I'm more upset by the fact that the girl's shorts are obviously made from the pelt of some Pokemon.
    How can you be upset? Just reading that possibility made me change my opinion of those shorts from meh, to awesome.
    They look more like flying Daisy Dukes to me.
  • edited May 2010
    I just like the fact that the male character has my hair. I might have to cosplay as him just for that reason.

I feel like the boy is going to be named White and the girl is going to be Black, so I'm just going to refer to them as that now.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • The guy's design is a lot better than the guy in DPP.
    Guys, the white things are pockets. That's what happens when you cut shorts really short. The pockets stick out.
    Guys, the white things are pockets. That's what happens when you cut shorts really short. The pockets stick out.
    Daisy Dukes are really short cut-offs, but I was trying to be humorous.
    So what does she have in those pockets? Knives and shards of glass?
  • So what does she have in those pockets? Knives and shards of glass?
    Pokeballs, potions, the usual.
  • So what does she have in those pockets? Knives and shards of glass?
    Pokeballs, potions, the usual.
    Backpacks are sooo overrated.
  • That fire piglet has made me one happy jew retard. I will have one and give him an adorable name and love him forever. I hope he evolves into an awesome, lava-belching badass boar.

Piggy for me and otter for Natalie (two of our favorite animals)! This is a good starter set for me!
  • I hope he evolves into an awesome, lava-belching badass boar.
    If the pig evolves into a fire-breathing wild boar or warthog, he might just be the single best fire-starter ever.
  • It looks like they did away with the Pokemon following you, which kind of sucks. I really liked that aspect of HG/SS.
    I think that was very specifically for the "theme" of HG/SS, and not something that was ever really intended to carry over to the other games. Also, has anyone heard about the rumor that there will be SMRPG/Mother 3 style Timed Attacks in this generation?

Also, am I the only one who hasn't really been playing Pokemon games past gen 2 that weren't just remakes of Gen 1 or Gen 2 games? (FR/LG, HG/SS, etc.)
  • Also, am I the only one who hasn't really been playing Pokemon games past gen 2 that weren't just remakes of Gen 1 or Gen 2 games? (FR/LG, HG/SS, etc.)
    Only pokemon games I have seriously played have been original Silver and Soul silver. I played little bit on Diamond, because I got it when I bought my ds used and I tried Platinum on my m3. That also explains why I'm not interested on Black/White, doesn't seem to be anything different enough and it doesn't even have nostalgia value like Soul silver has and it (most likely) has the ugly pokemans of the later generations.
  • ugly pokemans of the later generations
    Generation I and II had their share of bad/ugly Pokemon as well. I would have to say that each generation is about equal on the bad/ugly/lame Pokemon front.
  • edited May 2010
    Generation I and II had their share of bad/ugly Pokemon as well. I would have to say that each generation is about equal on the bad/ugly/lame Pokemon front.
    Show me the G1 ugly Pokemons.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • edited May 2010
    Show me the G1 ugly Pokemons.
    With pleasure!

Gloom...
    Bellsprout and it's entire evolutionary line...
    Grimer and Muk...
    Exeggcute and Exeggutor...
    Koffing and Wheezing...
    Tangela...
    Mr. Mime...

...and finally, what is quite possibly the lamest Pokemon ever (design-wise)...
    ...Jynx

I decided to not include Pokemon like Metapod and Kakuna because their final evolutions make up for the lame cocoon forms. Also, I'm very lukewarm on Zubat, Golbat, Slowpoke, Tentacool, Geodude, Graveler, Doduo, Dodrio, and Lickitung. Should I have also included them?
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • Those are all awesome Pokemon.
  • Those are all awesome Pokemon.
    So perhaps bad designs are completely subjective?
  • I totally argue against Tangela. But yeah, the entire Bellsprout line is fugly as hell.
  • I totally argue against Tangela.
    I think that the idea of Tangela is hilarious (a Pokemon tentacle-monster), but I just don't like it as a Pokemon.
  • Show me the G1 ugly Pokemons.
    With pleasure!
    You're both fucking idiots, use lube next time.
  • Come on Scott, like ...I don't know... some aesthetically pleasing Pokemon.

Here are some that come to mind.

Ursaring

Murkrow

Growlithe

Quilava

Cubone
  • That's a terrible example. Squirtle looks like a cute turtle, that one on the right looks like a horned snowball being eating by something that oozed it's way out of the Mariana Trench.
  • That's a terrible example. Squirtle looks like a cute turtle, that one on the right looks like a horned snowball being eating by something that oozed it's way out of the Mariana Trench.
    LOL. True dat.

Also, can they not come up with anything new or creative? I mean if you look at the user-created Pokemon on Smogon, they are amazingly creative and unique, and should be actual Pokemon. Take a look:

http://www.smogon.com/cap/pokemon/
  • Cyclohm is so awesome. I would make that my primary Pokemon if it were real.
  • The Smogon create a Pokemon are done in response to the standard 6v6 OU that most of that community plays. Gamefreak does not care at all about people playing Pokemon over the age of 10.
  • Revenankh, I want.

• I'm sad that the Pokemon don't actually attack each other like they do in the Stadium and Coliseum games, but I am glad that they move.