This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Nintendo 3DS

Comments

• edited July 2011
    I got Excitebike for free, but I dunno if that's over or not. The Ambassador downloads don't start till Sept. 1st.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I got Excitebike for free, but I dunno if that's over or not.
    It is. Pokedex 3D is always free, though, if you really want to get something.

Also my code is 3652 0663 1639.
  • Mine is 3222-5560-5254!
  • I've talked to people who absolutely refuse to get anything but an ipod, even if another play would do exactly what they need for a third of the cost and with no hit on quality.
    We've discussed this before, but the iPod does lots of little things that the other players just don't get right. Little interface details that make a huge difference, but won't show up on any spec sheet. The example I always bring up is you can play a podcast/audiobook, pause, sync with iTunes, then play in iTunes and it picks up where you left off. Then pause and sync to the iPod and it picks up where you left off on the iPod. So far, nothing else does that.
    It's not long-form audio, but Netflix instant watch does that. You can bounce between all your devices (what doesn't stream Netflix these days??) and it always remembers. This is a huge feature in my eyes.
  • Ro, Currently Playing: Health and Safety Information
    Well this old biddy has to make sure to be safe!
    Do not play 3DS while operating heavy machinery
  • edited July 2011
    I've talked to people who absolutely refuse to get anything but an ipod, even if another play would do exactly what they need for a third of the cost and with no hit on quality.
    We've discussed this before, but the iPod does lots of little things that the other players just don't get right. Little interface details that make a huge difference, but won't show up on any spec sheet. The example I always bring up is you can play a podcast/audiobook, pause, sync with iTunes, then play in iTunes and it picks up where you left off. Then pause and sync to the iPod and it picks up where you left off on the iPod. So far, nothing else does that.
    It's not long-form audio, but Netflix instant watch does that. You can bounce between all your devices (what doesn't stream Netflix these days??) and it always remembers. This is a huge feature in my eyes.
    Not watching media related, but Firefox if you have sync enabled, remembers all the tabs you had open (and even how far you had scrolled down each page) across all devices (Which I've only tested with computers...)
    Post edited by Aria on
  • edited July 2011
    Silly Trogdor, no one looks at IDShare.

[Edit] To clarify, I'm pretty sure I have like a zillion unconfirmed Wii and Pokemon friends cuz I go through and add everybody but no one else does the same, or they only do it once. People often will not manage their lists unless specifically prompted. And while I could send someone to IDShare to get my 3DS code, I'd only be making them do a bunch of unnecessary clicks.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • [Edit] To clarify, I'm pretty sure I have like a zillion unconfirmed Wii and Pokemon friends cuz I go through and add everybody but no one else does the same, or they only do it once. People often will not manage their lists unless specifically prompted. And while I could send someone to IDShare to get my 3DS code, I'd only be making them do a bunch of unnecessary clicks.
    I prefer, if it's something I want to refer anyone to with regularity, to put it on my Account page. At least that doesn't require a login to view, and it's a single click to get to.
  • I will say that I'm going to make out like a bandit come PAX time with the having my Street Pass for the Mii Plaza open. It will be glorious!

So, the only Zelda game I've ever played the whole way through was Four Swords. I barely played Twilight Princess and vaguely remember some NES version.

So how great is Ocarina of Time? Will I be able to get through it without too much trouble figuring out various puzzles?
  • edited August 2011
    Street Pass at AX was crazy. But you max out when you hit ten passes, so you have to keep checking it.

Ocarina is really great. I had never played it before and now I know why people say that game is a masterpiece. I am also bad at Zelda games, but Ocarina 3D has a built-in hint system.

Don't forget Cave Story comes out really soon too!
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I will say that I'm a bit annoyed at that stupid extra piece sticking out of the cartridges. It makes my 16-DS game holder no good for 3DS games. It's completely unnecessary.

Now, I will have to look for a decent case that can hold both types of cartridges. Seriously Nintendo, WTF?
  • edited August 2011
    It's so people can't jam 3DS carts into DSes. They did the same thing with the Gameboy Color carts.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • edited August 2011
    It's so people can't jam 3DS carts into DSes. They did the same thing with the Gameboy Color.
    But would they even work in a regular DS?

Anyhoo, QR codes for various cool Miis.

B'wahahaha! They even have ones for Arrested Development. That fucking made my day.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • I will say that I'm a bit annoyed at that stupid extra piece sticking out of the cartridges. It makes my 16-DS game holder no good for 3DS games. It's completely unnecessary.

Now, I will have to look for a decent case that can hold both types of cartridges. Seriously Nintendo, WTF?
    I use hollowed out sdcard holders for my ds games. Would that work for 3ds carts too?
  • Oh shit, this one is great.

• Ok, that Street Pass Mii Plaza where you get to do silly dungeon delves and earn cute hats is dangerous and amusing. It's bad in terms of it being a game where you just click things, and earning things like cute hats for your Mii is pretty brilliant on Nintendo's part.
  • The Recetear guys should make a game about a hattery.
    Alternate idea: Play a game of Recettear where you only put headgear out in Recette's shop.
    Alternate idea: Play a game of Recettear where you only put headgear out in Recette's shop.
    Wouldn't work so hot. Customers will try to place orders on things that aren't hats because the game doesn't know why you'd sell only hats.
  • Wouldn't work so hot. Customers will try to place orders on things that aren't hats because the game doesn't know why you'd sell only hats.
    Recettear - Brought to you by Valve Software.
  • Don't forget Cave Story comes out really soon too!
    Apparently it was delayed until November. Dammit.
  • Just picked mine up today, doing the price match thing to get ambassador and the cheaper price.

Friend code is 3780-9183-7117
  • Got an email from GameStop informing me that Power Rewards Members can get their 3DS for only $99 after trading in their DS Lite, DSi, or DSi XL. Not bad. Jeremy plans on doing this, along with our $10 off coupon and other store credits.
  • Got an email from GameStop informing me that Power Rewards Members can get their 3DS for only $99 after trading in their DS Lite, DSi, or DSi XL. Not bad. Jeremy plans on doing this, along with our $10 off coupon and other store credits.
    I am so doing this. There is no reason not to.
  • I got mine from Target yesterday, it looks like they were also doing the walmart deal. It it a pretty well build machine, and I am looking forward to get some gameboy games from the virtual console :P
  • My brother has power rewards. Depending on how much money I have in a few weeks and if the deal is still going on, I may trade in my DSi.
  • edited August 2011
    My brother has power rewards. Depending on how much money I have in a few weeks and if the deal is still going on, I may trade in my DSi.
    It's for this weekend only from what the coupon says for GameStop, however they could extend it. I doubt it.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • :/
    My money is going to a computer sometime this weekend, so...Not likely. Maybe. But probably not. We'll see when I actually get my paycheck...I might not get it direct deposited 'til Monday, and ordering my computer is my first priority.
  • So I got a 3DS and Zelda for $110. I love being a smart shopper.

Friend code is 5112-3595-4054