This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Nintendo 3DS

Comments

• Random question for you all: When did the last Nintendo game come out that you were really jazzed about?
  • ...Hmm...
    I think Star Fox 64 3D, which I don't have because I have yet to obtain a 3DS...And it just came out, so...Yeah.
  • US considering we didn't get the last new Fire Emblem game for some mysterious reason
    Which Fire Emblem is this? The last one I heard about was Shadow Dragon and we got that one.
  • edited September 2011
    US considering we didn't get the last new Fire Emblem game for some mysterious reason
    Which Fire Emblem is this? The last one I heard about was Shadow Dragon and we got that one.
    It's another remake for the DS. You didn't hear about it because Nintendo never brought it up. I'm guessing they had no plans to localize it from the very beginning.
    Random question for you all: When did the last Nintendo game come out that you were really jazzed about?
    I'm very excited about Kirby Returns to Dream Land and Rhythm Heaven Wii right now. Before that, though... I dunno, Super Mario Galaxy 2? Pokemon? Okay yeah, probably Pokemon. I'm a Pokeholic.
    Post edited by Diddgery on
  • Yeah, I'm also really excited about Kirby Returns to Dreamland. And Skyward Sword
  • Random question for you all: When did the last Nintendo game come out that you were really jazzed about?
    Probably Smash Bros. Brawl, since my friends and I played Melee all the time. I want to be super jazzed about Skyward Sword, but I just don't trust Nintendo enough right now. Maybe if it gets great reviews, it'll climb up on my hype-o-meter.
  • I'm genuinely excited for almost all of the first-party Nintendo games.
    Starfox 64 3D is probably the most excited I can be about a game. But as we get closer to Skyward Sword I'm sure something else will start pointing skyward.

Yeah, I know.. I couldn't help myself.
  • I'm genuinely excited for almost all of the first-party Nintendo games.
  • I haven't been excited about anything that wasn't a PC game in a while. Though I have been pleasantly surprised by games like "Might and Magic DS" and a few other games in recent times.

Then again I would eat up another Smash Brothers game.
  • Starfox 64 3D will surely be an awesome use of the technology but I think it's a huge mistake to kill off a franchise if a port does not sell. I did just have a "holy crap I'm old" moment when I realized that it's a 14 year old game now, but still, they'd better keep their expectations in line.
  • I'm going to admit something.

Star Fox, when I first encountered it, looked like crap to me, and I didn't even bother with it. Remember that X-Wing came out the same year. ;^)
  • edited September 2011
    Why not kill off a franchise that has (arguably) produced only one or two good games? For a Nintendo franchise, that's a pretty bad track record.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Why not kill off a franchise that has (arguably) produced only one or two good games? For a Nintendo franchise, that's a pretty bad track record.
    That would be a pretty crappy attitude to take towards your product. We can't figure out how to make a good one, so lets just give up. The first two Star Fox games were awesome, then Nintendo went and put out a string of crap games. Still, the franchise is not tarnished to Sonic the Hedgehog proportions. If they woke up and made a great new Star Fox game, everyone would buy it.
    Star Fox, when I first encountered it, looked like crap to me, and I didn't even bother with it. Remember that X-Wing came out the same year. ;^)
    You continuously make me regret not doing more PC gaming during those years. I played X-Wing vs Tie Fighter 5 years after it came out and I was still impressed.
  • We can't figure out how to make a good one, so lets just give up.
    Yeah, this is pretty much the reason for companies killing off anything.
  • I don't think every game after SF64 is crap. Star Fox: Assault and Star Fox: Command were both games I really enjoyed playing.
  • X-Wing vs Tie Fighter
    And that game was absolute crap.
  • X-Wing vs Tie Fighter
    Funny, I couldn't stand X-Wing or TIE Fighter when I was young, because they were too hard. I liked X-Wing Alliance. That was fun.
  • X-Wing vs Tie Fighter
    It was a disaster.
    I couldn't stand X-Wing or TIE Fighter when I was young, because they were too hard.
    X-Wing was too hard, but I enjoyed it despite never beating it. TIE Fighter built my spatial coordination skills up to a startling degree: I played it until I could beat it near perfectly with no trouble.
  • It wasn't usually a matter of the game being physically difficult, rather I somehow couldn't figure out what to do. I blame being like...8 or so.
  • edited September 2011
    X-Wing was the first PC game I ever played. I was terrible at it, but I was also barely sentient at the time. It's the reason I'm one of the few non-CS people my age who knows him some DOS.
    Post edited by open_sketchbook on
  • My memories are failing me. I stand corrected, what I actually owned was this:
    "The LucasArts Archives Vol. IV: The Star Wars Collection II (1998)
    Star Wars: Dark Forces
    Star Wars: TIE Fighter Collector's Edition CD-ROM
    Star Wars: X-Wing Collector's Edition CD-ROM
    Star Wars: Yoda Stories
    Star Wars: Making Magic (same as from the first Star Wars Collection)
    Demo disc of Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II, Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith, and Star Wars: X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter."
    so looks like I haven't actually played X-Wing vs TIE Fighter outside of possibly loading the demo when I was young. A small part of me is excited that I have never played such as this exists, and the rest of me is crushed now that I have been informed it is shit.
  • Speaking of which let's all reminisce about Yoda Stories and laugh.
  • I had the whole X-Wing Collection, which was X-Wing, Tie Fighter, and X-Wing Alliance. I don't think it had X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter.
  • Speaking of which let's all reminisce about Yoda Stories and laugh.
    I didn't know Yoda Stories existed until just now.
  • I think I'm going to fire up the Wii and play my virtual console version of Star Fox 64 tonight. That might stop me from spending $200.
  • Are Scott/Rym excited about a new Mario Tennis game for the 3DS from Camelot Software Planning? (Camelot made Mario Power Tennis for the GameCube)

LINK: http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/media/27767/1
  • Are Scott/Rym excited about a new Mario Tennis game for the 3DS from Camelot Software Planning? (Camelot made Mario Power Tennis for the GameCube)
    I assume it will only matter if the game is good or not.
    I assume it will only matter if the game is good or not.
    Being on the 3DS also is a big minus.
  • Being on the 3DS also is a big minus.
    Well excuuuuuuuuse me, princess.