This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Nintendo 3DS

Comments

• edited August 2011
    The loss of megaman legends 3 lost my sale...
    Post edited by Rainbow matress on
  • edited August 2011
    The loss of megaman legends 3 lost my sale...
    Seconded. Until the rumored Etrian Odyssey 3D comes out, anyway.
    Post edited by Yuyuke on
  • Ro, your Mii is freaking adorable.
  • Ro, your Mii is freaking adorable.
    :3

I had to change her hairstyle to match my new one last night.

Jeremy picked up a 3DS yesterday, now I get to have daily Street Pass encounters! I recently got a cute Pikmin hat, but I'm still sticking with cat ears.
  • I haven't gotten to use the Street Pass yet...
  • Streetpass really should've been renamed to "Conventionpass," since that's the only time it will ever be useful. I got a little under 150 passes at the San Diego Comic-Con... and now the Mii Plaza is useless to me since I've completed both of the games.
  • I'm so sorry, Nintendo. My 3DS thoughts:

• Streetpass really should've been renamed to "Conventionpass," since that's the only time it will ever be useful. I got a little under 150 passes at the San Diego Comic-Con... and now the Mii Plaza is useless to me since I've completed both of the games.
    It's beyond useful at conventions, but I've encountered 1 person while being out and about. Jeremy, however, got 2 new people while I didn't over the weekend and we were pretty much with each other the entire time except for 2 small instances. It boggled my mind and I was jealous.

It's really cool having someone in the same household with a 3DS because you can visit one another at least twice a day. Every time they visit you they level up to be stronger to fight the castle/dungeon monsters.

I think this is a very cool idea that Nintendo implemented and if they were smart they will have more dungeons as downloadable content or updates in the near future.

I'm really addicted to the music that plays during Street Pass setting screen. I kind of want it as an mp3 so I make it into a ringtone.

Also: I got a Kirby Hat!

• You'd better watch out where he's getting those streetpass connections, Ro. Don't want some floozie with a 3DS coming between you and your man.
  • You'd better watch out where he's getting those streetpass connections, Ro. Don't want some floozie with a 3DS coming between you and your man.
    I know! If anything I want to be the one where more people come and connect with me! I'm open and welcoming! ^__~
  • So I like the multitasking on the 3DS, but I wish that you could have PokeDex 3D open while playing Pokemon. That would be rather convenient.
  • My friend code is 2707-1776-0723
  • So I like the multitasking on the 3DS, but I wish that you could have PokeDex 3D open while playing Pokemon. That would be rather convenient.
    but then you won't buy into Nintendo's plan to make you buy TWO 3DS's!!!
  • My sister and I just impulse bought two 3DSes. We're opening them now.
  • Friend me, friends:
    3480-2725-9572
  • So I totally didn't realize this until earlier today, but the 3DS comes with a 2GB SD card. I feel really stupid right now.
  • So Xenoblade, Last Story and Pandora's tower are getting PAL releases. Not that I *really* care about those games specifically, but makes you think... Maybe I SHOULD get a PAL 3DS... Nintendo apparently hates you. A LOT.
  • So I totally didn't realize this until earlier today, but the 3DS comes with a 2GB SD card. I feel really stupid right now.
    How long till somebody makes a 3ds compatible NES emulator so I can play Megaman 2 for free?
  • So Xenoblade, Last Story and Pandora's tower are getting PAL releases. Not that I *really* care about those games specifically, but makes you think... Maybe I SHOULD get a PAL 3DS... Nintendo apparently hates you. A LOT.
    Aren't those Wii games? Xenoblade and Last Story are at least.

Also it isn't too easy being European with Wii ether. Wile ago I was looking if I could get Trauma Team somewhere cheap and found out that it isn't even released in here.
  • So I wish that you could keep videos you download from the Video app. I would like to have all of the Caldwell Tanner videos on my 3DS (but mostly just Dinosaur Office.)
  • So I wish that you could keep videos you download from the Video app. I would like to have all of the Caldwell Tanner videos on my 3DS (but mostly just Dinosaur Office.)
    Yeah. I wish I had the Animal Crossing 3DS trailer on it so I can look at it in agony, frustration, confusion, and temptation.
    Aren't those Wii games? Xenoblade and Last Story are at least.

Also it isn't too easy being European with Wii ether. Wile ago I was looking if I could get Trauma Team somewhere cheap and found out that it isn't even released in here.
    Yes, Wii games. But the DS had a few exclusive RPG's that were not released into PAL. I just assumed that PAL got shafted on niche games. However, now it appears that USA is getting shafted on niche games!

Will now have to wait and see which region to get. If this trend continues, and PAL gets more of the RPG type games, that's what I will end up getting, once some freaken games are actually released for the system :/
  • Just revealed via the Nintendo of America Twitter feed, the full list of NES games for Ambassadors this Thursday is:

-Super Mario Bros.
    -Donkey Kong Jr.
    -Balloon Fight
    -Ice Climber
    -The Legend of Zelda
    -Metroid
    -Open Tournament Golf
    -Wrecking Crew
    -Yoshi
    -Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Does the 3DS have games yet. I do want one, but I want it when it has gamesSSSSSSSsssss :-p
  • Does the 3DS have games yet. I do want one, but I want it when it has gamesSSSSSSSsssss :-p
    It will have a bunch of games worth playing by Christmas.
  • 3DS NES Games are up early. You have to go to eShop settings and check "My Downloads."
  • edited August 2011
    3DS NES Games are up early. You have to go to eShop settings and check "My Downloads."
    Yesh :D
    Edit: Man, I am rusty on Super Mario Bros. :O
    Post edited by Erwin on
  • Words, I have none. The fact that this exists alone is jaw-dropping, but the fact that it exists less than six months after launch just leaves me speechless. I was actually thinking about buying a 3DS now, since games are finally coming, but now this will almost certainly be built into the inevitable 3DS Lite, so why obsolete myself now? Incredible...
  • In the words of the AVGN

What were they THINKING?!

Virtual Boy and Power Glove all over again.
  • What the fuck Nintendo? What the flying fuck.

Maybe you'll get my money for 3d Advance Wars, but after that you can fuck off forever.