This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Nintendo 3DS

Comments

• Seriously Nintendo? I really can't see this really being used all that much, so it may not necessarily be the end of the 3DS but its still retarded.
  • edited September 2011
    That add-on was made for Monster Hunter, not for every single 3DS game. I doubt that it will actually become part of the 3DS design in the future.

Actually, the speculation going around the interwebs (as no article actually is saying that this is an official Nintendo product) is that this is made by Capcom almost exclusively for Monster Hunter (if you remember, there was a special redesigned Classic Controller made for Monster Hunter when it was released for the Wii).
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • edited September 2011
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • There you go people. Monster Hunter.
  • So there is a new Roller Coaster Tycoon announced for the 3DS. I might have to relive my childhood and pick it up.
  • The 3DS is definitely getting some games worth playing this year, but I don't see it getting games that you must play.
  • All I can think about with that extra D-Pad attachment is the Mega CD.

Hell, every time I see it, the Mega CD Bios music starts up in my head.

• I like that idea, I think all handheld consoles should come with the 2 analog sticks. They are the best way to play fps games as far as controllers go.
  • edited September 2011
    Okay, so now I'm pissed about the Slide Pad attachment.

Okay Nintendo, here's what you have to do:
    1. When you release the 3DS 2 or Lite or whatever you're going to call it, you need to give a massive rebate to everyone who bought your Beta version of the 3DS. You need to kiss the feet of the people who already had one in order to keep them around, otherwise so many people are going to completely jump ship from Nintendo handhelds completely.
    2. NOT RELEASE ANOTHER VERSION OF THE 3DS FOR A NUMBER OF YEARS AFTER THIS FIRST REVISION.

That being said, HOLY SHIT NEW MARIO KART, HOLY SHIT NEW FIRE EMBLEM, Super Mario 3D Land, along with new StreetPass games and an update to the Mii Plaza.

They also announced that Skyward Sword is going to have upgradable items, 50-100 hours of gameplay, and some kind of second play through mode (I'm hoping Skyward Sword Master Quest, but a New Game + will suffice in a pinch).

Damn you, Nintendo. You screw me over and then make it okay with games. I think I might have battered wife syndrome when it comes to Nintendo.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • Okay, 3DS2, you have my attention. My body is ready.
  • No Advance Wars, no deal. I don't trust the Mario Kart much either.
    50-100 hours of gameplay
    Yeah, not interested.
  • 50-100 hours of gameplay
    Yeah, not interested.The 50-100 hours is with a second playthrough.
  • The 50-100 hours is with a second playthrough.
    I still envision Wind Waker gameplay extensions. I highly doubt the first half of that number is predominantly dungeons.
  • I still will likely opt for the Vita unless Advance Wars gets announced soon. The Vita seems ripe for hacking, and you'll be able to play any of the PSOne Classics on it. Presumably, after the hack hits, you'll be able to convert PSX ISOs for the Vita emulator just like you could with the PSP. Ultimately, that library is a lot more appealing to me, and not just because of Symphony of the Night.
    I still envision Wind Waker gameplay extensions. I highly doubt the first half of that number is predominantly dungeons.
    Am I the only person who LIKED sailing?
    Am I the only person who LIKED sailing?
    Sailing was ok, but it got really repetitive. There were some good parts, like when you had that big boss at sea you had to cannon and such. There were also the meaningless fetching of triforce fragments, that even Miyamoto admits was bad.

If you want a good zelda game, there's just two things you have to do. Good dungeons. Lots of dungeons. I say minimum of 12-13. I wouldn't mind if there were as many as 17. If I made a Zelda game I would probably make it with 15. One intro dungeon, 5 first-half dungeons, 1 mid-game dungeon that you would totally believe was the end-game dungeon. Then it would act like the game was ending, but a sudden plot twist would take you to a dark world with 7 more dungeons and one final end-game dungeon.

It wouldn't be like typical dark worlds either, where you can come back. There would be no going back. Link would be in the spiritual realm, and would need the 7 McGuffins to get back to beat Ganon and get back to Hyrule. The first Hyrule part of the game would be typical excellent Zelda gameplay. The 7 spiritual realm worlds would be fucked up with all new gameplay elements like you see in games like Portal, Braid, etc. It would also be balls hard.
  • If you want a good zelda game, there's just two things you have to do. Good dungeons. Lots of dungeons. I say minimum of 12-13. I wouldn't mind if there were as many as 17. If I made a Zelda game I would probably make it with 15. One intro dungeon, 5 first-half dungeons, 1 mid-game dungeon that you would totally believe was the end-game dungeon. Then it would act like the game was ending, but a sudden plot twist would take you to a dark world with 7 more dungeons and one final end-game dungeon.

It wouldn't be like typical dark worlds either, where you can come back. There would be no going back. Link would be in the spiritual realm, and would need the 7 McGuffins to get back to beat Ganon and get back to Hyrule. The first Hyrule part of the game would be typical excellent Zelda gameplay. The 7 spiritual realm worlds would be fucked up with all new gameplay elements like you see in games like Portal, Braid, etc. It would also be balls hard.
    So basically a slightly bigger and harder version of Link to the Past. I'm okay with this. In fact, I would even like to make this game (not going to say I will because that's ultimate shit talk).
  • Miyamoto has said that if Skyward Sword is not the best Zelda game ever, it will be the last Zelda game ever. I'm willing to play it based on that shit talk alone.
  • My perfect Zelda game was always 3 dungeons, story dungeon, 3 more dungeons, story dungeon, 3 more, final dungeon....So yeah, 15 dungeons.
  • My perfect Zelda game was always 3 dungeons, story dungeon, 3 more dungeons, story dungeon, 3 more, final dungeon....So yeah, 15 dungeons.
    Back to elementary school for you.

3 + 1 + 3 + 1 +3 + 1 = 12
  • Miyamoto has said that if Skyward Sword is not the best Zelda game ever, it will be the last Zelda game ever. I'm willing to play it based on that shit talk alone.
    Damn he really said that? I have the exact same reaction.
    Back to elementary school for you.

3 + 1 + 3 + 1 +3 + 1 = 12
    I'm gonna go hide now.
  • God damn I want Starfox 3D! Less for the 3D and more for the upgraded visuals.
  • New Fire Emblem? YESSSSSSSSSSS. Except I don't have a 3DS, and have no plans to buy until Pokemon Grey comes out.
    That sounds a lot like what he said about Star Fox 64 3D being the last Star Fox game if it doesn't sell well.
  • Starfox 3D is awesome. I freaking love that game, especially with the revamped Multiplayer. Lack of Wi-Fi sucks, but I always have someone to play locally with anyway.
    That sounds a lot like what he said about Star Fox 64 3D being the last Star Fox game if it doesn't sell well.
    He said both at the same time.
  • That explains it!

Fire Emblem looks cool, though I am unsure if we'll get it in the US considering we didn't get the last new Fire Emblem game for some mysterious reason known only to Nintendo. I also like the looks of Theatrhythm? I mean, I enjoy rhythm games like Elite Beat Agents and Rhythm Heaven, and I love the music in Final Fantasy, so I don't see anything wrong with it.