This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Nintendo 3DS

Comments

• Is that delayed street pass thing functional right now?
  • Scott, I play Animal Crossing. I got all the flower/plant growing fix I'll ever need.
    This. I've actually put AC down for a while, but you really only need one zen garden. There just doesn't seem to be much game with the flowers, and I'm only prepared to give so much time to clearing out streetpasses.
    Is that delayed street pass thing functional right now?
    Supposedly, but it requires system update. Maybe the floodgates won't really open until everyone gets around to applying this system update?

• Is that delayed street pass thing functional right now?
    Yes, my 3DS updated this morning.
  • Scott, I play Animal Crossing. I got all the flower/plant growing fix I'll ever need.
    But those flowers were not used for electricity like my rare breed!
  • From what I have read this new street pass thing at Nintendo zones is not a cornucopia. You go in and it saves your street pass data. Next person comes in and gets yours and leaves theirs.

It is not a cool, ' I just got the last ten people who were here!' Situation.

This will be most useful in places that I frequent. You actual city folk already get tons of street passes just walking out your door.

I wonder if we can trick it by renaming a router? When I did the 'best buy' animal crossing hack my 3ds always thought there was a Nintendo zone nearby...
  • The software update specifically said "you cannot configure a home router to act as a Nintendo Zone to get StreetPass saving..."
  • That's a good idea, someone should get to spoofing that.
  • Does this work just like street pass or do you have to load up the Nintendo zone app for it to work?
  • I stopped by two Nintendo Zone enabled stores on the drive in this morning. I was able to connect to Nintendo Zone at both locations but no street passes. Either I was first person there (ever?) Or I did it wrong.
  • The software update specifically said "you cannot configure a home router to act as a Nintendo Zone to get StreetPass saving..."
    Doesn't mean we can try to do it :D
  • Went to McDonalds this morning and got a large coffee for $1 and a street pass. Sadly I fear that I will be the local Santa Claus because I have so many puzzle pieces. The one pass I did get had no new puzzle pieces for me, which is also what most of the ConnectiCon street passes gave me.
  • Part of me really wants a 3DS now, but I think i might just get a used PSP for $60 and pirate a bunch of games. I've never owned a Sony console so I'd probably gt a lot out of it.
  • I believe I will at least get all the pink pieces that I am missing at Bit Gen this weekend, if I am bold (or get there early) pass through the inner harbor to leech off what I can get.
  • Perhaps Nintendo will turn all the Baltimore homeless people into Nintendo Zone hotspots
  • You kids keep playing your candy boxes.
    Look who's jelly.

;P

• Part of me really wants a 3DS now, but I think i might just get a used PSP for $60 and pirate a bunch of games. I've never owned a Sony console so I'd probably gt a lot out of it.
    It really depends on what you like. If you enjoy old school JRPGs and puzzle games, then the PSP isn't a bad idea. You'll just need a Memory Stick Pro Duo for storage.
  • If your only purpose is to hack it, just get a Go. It's smaller.
  • But the Go would cost like 50% more for slightly worse condition...
  • Are you factoring in the cost of a Memory Stick Pro Duo? You have to buy one for the PSP, but not the Go.
  • Ok, that helps a lot. Thanks for the advice.
  • edited August 2013
    You kids keep playing your candy boxes.
    Look who's jelly.
    ;P
    Eeyup. Some of the games are crap but Mii Force is absolutely not Candy Box.

Post edited by Matt on
  • I must be in the boonies. My friend went to the same McDonalds that I hit this morning for the relay pass and he got mine! Over 12 hours later and no one new showed up!
  • http://www.polygon.com/2013/8/12/4615998/transform-your-router-into-a-streetpass-relay-station
    Very interesting. Somehow I feel that people will quickly cycle through all the MACs and ruin this for everyone.

The eight hour thing is news. Might explain why sometimes I get nothing from the local nzones.
  • edited August 2013
    They were joking about this approach on the Bombcast but its cool someone actually figured it out.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • I have gotten Nintendo zone to work but no street passes thus far. I don't know if it is because the router is behind another router or what...

My main router is a uverse router and I can not change the mac on it. I am using a netgear router for my spoofing and it partially works.

I have been going through the list of macs to spoof but no luck yet.
  • This is some serious BS. After getting no luck with my netgear router I tried installing the Virtual Router Manager...

Must be something wrong with my PC because that will not share the connection. I select my wired connection in the drop down box and as soon as the hotspot fires up the connection flips back to none.

I have tried turning on Internet connection sharing but I keep getting error messages about services not running.

I give up.
  • Fucking ninjas!

In Warriors Way I encountered a ninja ruler. What that means is that no matter what you throw out the enemy always has the advantage. I split my troops 49/50/1 figuring two massive armies would win for sure... Yeah... No... My 25K to his 13K? My loss!

I need to know by how much you can defeat an enemy when you have type advantage.
  • edited August 2013
    Reading the numbers is important: troops at a disadvantage count for half strength. After the advantage is resolved, whoever has more dudes always wins. 25k at a disadvantage will still beat 12,499, but not 12,501.

Note: this is explained to you in like the first battle.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • I didn't pay attention during the first battle :(