This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Nintendo 3DS

Comments

• Can't you just fuck around with the slider and it will light up when you have triggered an automatic win or loss? This is why Warriors Way blows.

Re: the discussion on StreetPass spoofing: You may want to consider how much time it is taking to be able to play some of these games, and just play a full game instead.
  • I found out my spoofing problem. I was spoofing the wrong MAC. You have to spoof the WiFi MAC (what your 3DS connects to) not the router MAC (what faces the internet).

Even with the sliders you can still lose battles. Had that happen to me already. Even though I had the gold marker it was a bad type matchup and I lost.
  • That... shouldn't happen. Unless you committed the troop type that didn't have the gold marker.
  • All three had gold markers.
  • Nintendo sucks at WiFi.
  • Once you hit second quest those gold instant win markers go away.
  • Since I didn't know the numbers scaled to match, I am in a trap. My opponent has 250k, and I have 170k, and I'm not even halfway to the end of the first row. Is there a way to get it to scale itself back?
  • Nope, however once you get over that hurtle the next 3 or 4 are a walk in the park.
  • Is that number 6? Because 7 is the ninja.
  • I've met a person with an army of over a million. Twice. Fuck that.
  • I found a hotfix that should repair my ICS problem but it has been installing updates for the last eight hours!

I have also confirmed that any access point named 'attwifi' will work as a relay point but will only relay data from systems connected to that relay point. The key is still spoofing the mac address.
  • Just got given a free download code for Animal Crossing New Leaf. I've been meaning to buy it since PAX Aus, so convienant! I've never played an Animal Crossing game before, everyone has been telling me I'm going to lose my life to it when I start.

I used StreetPass at PAX a lot, but generally my 3DS is just a Pokemon playing device.
  • Streetpass is generally used at large events, for example I completed all my puzzles when I went to Bit Gen.
  • Yeah, I probably won't use it again until I go to another con.
  • I'm definitely buying a 3DS before the next convention I go to. I finally got the chance to play around with one at PAX, and fucking hell they're nice. Plus, by the time I bother, there's Animal crossing, Pokemon, and presumably other decent games out.
  • Got the relay to work. It is awesome being able to play the Mii Plaza games while at home.
  • It would be nice if Warriors Way scaled the number of mercs you can buy for play coins based on the size of your army. Why would I spend 15 coins for 750 troops? 2 play coins is the cost of hiring a mii in most of the games so 15 would hire 7.5 Miis and the Miis I meet have more than 100 people in their plaza.
  • I have now beaten both flower town and Mii Force today, much enjoyable. The real play that I can deal with now is Haunted Manor and Find Mii 1+2.
  • Yup. I have "beaten" all of the new games except for the Haunted Manor. I screwed up on that one and only leveled up one gun. Now I am trying to bring one of each type up to level and yeah... Not fun.
  • edited August 2013
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • This is a marketing catastrophe. Why do 3DS games run on 2DS? Where are the 2DS games? Are kids gonna ask for 3DS and get a 2DS from dumb parents and grandparents?

All of these things and more.

Nintendo...WTF. Announce games I'm actually interested in, and then repeatedly fuck me with a rusty knife.
  • I saw a picture of it on imgur and thought, "no way, that's ridiculous". And then I Googled it. What the actual fuck.
  • It's Wind Waker HD!!!
  • This is a marketing catastrophe. Why do 3DS games run on 2DS? Where are the 2DS games? Are kids gonna ask for 3DS and get a 2DS from dumb parents and grandparents?

All of these things and more.

Nintendo...WTF. Announce games I'm actually interested in, and then repeatedly fuck me with a rusty knife.
    This is coming out with Pokemon XY and I will eat shit if Nitnendo don't ram the fact that this can play selfsame down everyone's throats.

• edited August 2013
    I still want a 3DS. Clamshell design FTW as long as you don't ogre the hinge.

Edit: also, what the actual fuck... I already have a 2DS. It's called a DS lite. It works fine except that it hates our wireless security.
    Post edited by Nuri on
  • There is a market for the 2DS, and it's hip parents with young kids. Seriously, it's cheaper, doesn't have the head/eye-hurting 3D, there's no moving parts, and it plays both old and new DS/3DS games. It's definitely not something that older gamers (where older pretty much means 12+ years old) care about, so now it's a question of whether or not Nintendo actually focuses on that market.

All signs so far indicate that Nintendo will just market this as a cheaper 3DS, which is absolutely not the right way to go,
  • Forgot this thread existed somehow and posted about the 2DS in the game news thread. I wonder how long it will be in production.
  • Oh nintendo

• Wait are you all complaining because Nintendo is released a 3DS variation that doesn't carter to you? and dropped the price of the Wii U.. Seems like two smart moves for Nintendo. The 2DS will clearly be better for young kids.
  • I think people will still buy it because is cheaper, and plays the new generation of their portable games.