This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

WTF of Your Day

Comments

• Yeah, looking more into it or talking to people, it was totally a scam. Hell, the DUNS Website has a small business package for 599 dollars about how they'll give you a complete credit makeover and score and accreditation for more jobs.

Now I'm just totally pissed that they made me feel like I'm in danger of failing to meet some requirement. And this woke me from a two hour sleep. So I was completely dehydrated, queasy, and out of it. I did manage to not give them any numbers or my email address, so I escaped without danger. (And if they try to persist, I'll tell them to fuck off.)
  • edited March 2014
    Post edited by Daikun on
  • Peanut butter splattered all over E.T.

This would explain the Reese's product placement.
  • Not as bad as the ones where people cover it in heat sink goo.
  • How does this or the goo thing even happen there are like 100 warnings on how to put the CPU in on paper in addition to on the motherboard itself.
  • You underestimate human stupidity.
  • Warnings? No-one reads warnings because they assume its stupid bullshit about 'risk of shock' or other stuff that's required for CYA litigation purposes and not something to do with like, you know, not ruining your shit.
  • Daikun said:
    Well, he admits that he used to think in a racist way at a time during his youth, and the way it is described it was the result of the racism inflicted upon him.
  • If you've ever wanted to find out what your favorite celebrity tastes like as a salami...
    Also, scroll down to take a look at the people they're currently targeting as possible 'flavors.' Interesting, grotesque, kind of funny, and possibly even real. I can only imagine who will actually say yes.
  • Why would you ever say no?
  • What is Rym playing.
  • Needs Cloud-to-Butt.

And yes, of course!
  • Cremlian said:

What is Rym playing.

Mozart's Ghost *end movie reference*
  • Found out that exams for my programming units require students to write code out by hand rather than on a computer / IDE / text editor.
    WTF is this.
  • Somebody being dumb. I mean, you should be able to do that to some degree. But it's, one again, not a test of either your academic computer science knowledge or your ability to write code. It's more of a memory test.
  • edited June 2014
    sK0pe said:

Found out that exams for my programming units require students to write code out by hand rather than on a computer / IDE / text editor.
    WTF is this.

It's good practice for when you're on a job interview for a programming job. You'll often be tasked with writing code by hand on a whiteboard.
    Post edited by Dragonmaster Lou on
  • sK0pe said:

Found out that exams for my programming units require students to write code out by hand rather than on a computer / IDE / text editor.
    WTF is this.

It's good practice for when you're on a job interview for a programming job. You'll often be tasked with writing code by hand on a whiteboard.
    Yeah one of the students a few years ahead of me was employed by the US branch of Google, he was flown the Sydney headquarters and had to write code in a Google Docs file while being observed.

I've been practising for it so far and I keep on making compile errors or forget (especially in Java) what form my output is in (e.g. lang object versus String). I understand it will come to me more easily as I continue to use the language but it gets confusing when learning 2 languages simultaneously.

I found it hilarious when I tried to use Python slicing and list comprehension for a Java problem.

• XPost to MLP thread.

• Is that body paint?
  • HMTKSteve said:

Is that body paint?

Well, except for the sticky-outy bits, yeah.
  • Kinky.
  • Wow, Australia.
  • Oh someone posted this, I was going to ask Churba about this guy.. Because lol..
  • I mentioned it right after it aired and out good man Churba followed up with the video a few hours later. Mans a fucking loon.
  • Ladies and gentlemen, your new Dubya.
  • I'm going to go out on a limb and say if he accidentally walked into the path of a train not many people would be sad, not even his own family.
  • I can't personally say what I think about him, because I don't have an hour to kill, but it has been hilarious to watch some of my conservative friends slowly transition from "Fuck yeah liberal party" to "Oh god what have we done?"