This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

WTF of Your Day

Comments

• edited December 2015
    MATATAT said:

I found that pretty funny.

I didn't really find it funny - each to their own, I guess - but I will give them credit for a pretty on-point parody of Redpillers.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • I dunno, it's got the right mix of desperation and pathetic-ness while sprinkling on "that guy" cliche. Even though it's fake I could kinda see some loser posting that nonsense.
  • But they wanted it to be real Churba and that's all that counts in our Post-Trump world. :-p
  • Cremlian said:

But they wanted it to be real Churba and that's all that counts in our Post-Trump world. :-p

If you want some stunning examples of feels not reals, I'd suggest We Hunted the Mammoth. All that refreshing garbage-water taste of the reactionary right, none of the poe.
  • Two days ago, contractors doing demolition on the floor below us decided it was ok to cut through the bundle of Cat-5 going up into our server room.

That is a shockingly expensive mistake.
  • Good god.
  • If I had walked downstairs and seen such a scene, I would have called the police.

That would have been the beginning of it.
  • If I walked into a room with that, I would walk out and go on a vacation.
  • edited December 2015
    Our current assumption is that some guy really hated the foreman and wanted to get them fired, while remaining relatively unassailable due to the union.

It's as easy to believe as any explanation for... that. 330 cables.
    Post edited by pence on
  • Holy OMG.

I'm with Cremlian. Vacation time. Or resignation. No way in shit would I hang around and deal with that.
  • I'd file a police report and threaten criminal charges on top of whatever you're actually doing to address it. ;^) Report that the crime happened and get it all nice and documented.
  • That's worse than the contractor that built a house backwards. Holy shit.
  • Holy fuck. That's take-them-to-fucking-court territory.
  • edited December 2015
    Cremlian said:

If I walked into a room with that, I would walk out and go on a vacation.

But yeah. Bro, that is fucked.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • That is the kind of thing that looks relatively innocuous to an outsider, but anybody who works even somewhat related to it knows this is kind of on the magnitude of them dropping the meteor that killed the dinosaurs on your house. Just wow.
  • Why in the world is this the best program to allow me to download Youtube videos in bulk?
  • When you really want to pull out your phone and say in full knowledge "My cat just took a shit"
  • chaosof99 said:

When you really want to pull out your phone and say in full knowledge "My cat just took a shit"

Naw man it's 2015, just get your shitting cat notifications sent to your smartwatch.

• So this has been making the rounds of tumblr and the man here is arguing that fighting for religious and sexual freedom were considered offensive ideas back in the day. (Which they were) He states "being offensive" is part of natural evolution and progression in society. But by fighting "Safe spaces" what exact freedom is someone fighting for? The right to bully? The right to stop discussion? I don't see how this is arguing for progression when it's such a non-issue.
  • I've seen the video before. While I can see where the guy is coming from, the problem is that he puts the cart before the horse. He seems to believe that being offensive is the goal. That by being offensive, you are bumping against dumb, useless societal rules that need to be torn down. In reality however being "offensive" is a consequence of fighting dumb societal rules but not every time you offend someone you actually do. You have to pick your target by figuring out what is wrong, not what causes the greatest offense.
  • My brother installed various virtual boxes and dos emulators to play the original Command and Conquer games instead of playing some more modern RTS like Starcraft 2 or Company of Heroes or even the more recent Command and Conquer games.

There is some pretty great nostalgia to the soundtrack of the game and the sound effects of the units plus videos but I got bored watching after 10 minutes, not sure how he's been playing for a week considering his APM is pretty bad.
  • sK0pe said:

not sure how he's been playing for a week considering his APM is pretty bad.

I think the answer is in the question there :)
  • You followed too deep down the rabbit hole.