This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

WTF of Your Day

Comments

• edited February 2016
    The Mormon Church owns a the LARGEST cow-calf ranch in the USA: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deseret_Ranches

How the fuck is this legal?
    Post edited by Wyatt on
  • Since when is owning cows illegal?
  • Daikun said:

Since when is owning cows illegal?

It's a church running a for-profit business and not paying taxes on it.
  • Wyatt said:

The Mormon Church owns a the LARGEST cow-calf ranch in the USA: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deseret_Ranches

How the fuck is this legal?

That's pretty small, look up Anna Creek station if you want to see big.
    Wyatt said:

It's a church running a for-profit business and not paying taxes on it.

Church is a for profit business that doesn't pay taxes.

• Jesus entered the temple courts and drove out all who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money changers and the benches of those selling doves.

• Greg said:

Jesus entered the temple courts and drove out all who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money changers and the benches of those selling doves.

Hahaha like anyone reads that.
  • A look back at when the UK switched from using Vellum - Calfskin - to keep archival copies of the law.

And by "A look back" I mean they're still doing it and will only be stopping at the end of April, and they've recorded every law on Vellum for basically everything from the Magna Carta forward. Someone really, really didn't want to make a run down the office supply shop.
  • edited February 2016
    Puppy Monkey Baby remix:

This is what American Football is all about.
    Post edited by sK0pe on
  • There's a bird called the Black Kite(or Fire Hawk) in Australia that will head for any fire, and steal burning sticks from them, before dropping them elsewhere to spread the fire. They then wait near the fire front for small birds and lizards to race away from the fire, and then catch them.

I don't even know what to think about this place anymore.
  • Churba said:

There's a bird called the Black Kite(or Fire Hawk) in Australia that will head for any fire, and steal burning sticks from them, before dropping them elsewhere to spread the fire. They then wait near the fire front for small birds and lizards to race away from the fire, and then catch them.

It's just like that bird that knows to pick up tortoises and drop them off cliffs so they break open and the bird can eat the flesh inside.
  • edited February 2016
    sK0pe said:

Churba said:

There's a bird called the Black Kite(or Fire Hawk) in Australia that will head for any fire, and steal burning sticks from them, before dropping them elsewhere to spread the fire. They then wait near the fire front for small birds and lizards to race away from the fire, and then catch them.

It's just like that bird that knows to pick up tortoises and drop them off cliffs so they break open and the bird can eat the flesh inside.
    I'd be more impressed if it was the tortises doing it to birds. Just powerbombing some fucking seagull out of mid air.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • I have an entirely understandable boner.
  • Daikun said:
    Very misleading title and as usual click bait.
  • sK0pe said:

Daikun said:
    Very misleading title and as usual click bait.
    To be fair, it's Yahoo. What did you expect?
  • No police bother to show up when the KKK hold a "rally".
    This seems like an obvious thing ot have a police presence at from the start but they only arrived after the KKK brought hate group backup because there was an obvious counter protest.

However make sure there is an excess of police any time there are black people protesting about getting killed by the police.

I assumed, inappropriately, that this stupidity occurred in the southern states, I guess all states including California have a good number of hate groups.
  • Has anyone asked Manson what's going on? I would love to see what he has to say about race relations today in comparison to what he was saying in the 60s. I feel like a lot of the conditions are the same.
  • I was in Anaheim when that was going down. Thankfully nowhere near the excitement but it's still concerning.

My best guess, based solely on knowledge of local politics, is that the police probably didn't believe that there would actually be a Klan rally. This is the first time I can remember hearing about that sort of thing in SoCal so it's not like Klan rallys happen all the time.

That still does not excuse the police from botching it up. Hell, the Santa Ana police (city where I lived) didn't mobilize during the LA riots even when there was some small bands of looters operating during the LA riots. OC police just aren't adapt at handling civil disobedience, I guess.
  • Here's a sentance that I literally never would have guessed would come out of my mouth - come watch Cindy McCain, John McCain's wife, rip some sick skids.

I looked into this - turns out, she's really good, and has competed in a few competitions. While she didn't show the reporter, as they claimed, she's fucking legit.
  • What a boss, trying imagine if America had a Republican first lady who owned an orange, grey and black Nissan Silvia, that was used for drifting.

I guess there would be some pressure from the first lady to keep oil prices low and reduce any friction on imports from Japan.

• Please send help.
  • A friend of a friend got seriously pissed because I accidentally spoiled something for her. I apologized but she really seems upset about it. Part of me feels bad, but the other part is me thinking "you're gonna let this make you that upset?"
  • What did you spoil?
  • edited March 2016
    Something that was sort of obvious to begin with. They just did the actual reveal in the show. But from like the third episode I was like I'm pretty sure this is what is gonna happen. And then it did.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • edited March 2016
    In Australian politics today, I had to spend five minutes explaining an insult, after the Federal member for Herbert shouted across the chamber at the Shadow Treasurer, "RELENTLESS NEGATIVITY! HE’S A VUVUZELA!"

What the fuck is even going on in this country?
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Churba said:

What the fuck is even going on in this country?

Bro, don't even start with us.