This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

WTF of Your Day

Comments

• edited April 2016
    The cultural appropriation thing always sounds like a cry from George Wallace or Strom Thurmond. Cultural appropriation was essential to ending segregation on the radio back in the 50s and 60s. White artists who recognized they could empower the black rhythm and blues music did covers to bring that music onto white radio, and bring down that separation. Bobby Womack would've died in obscurity if the Stones hadn't broken through covering him. It's not fair, but it's true, and necessary.
    Post edited by Greg on
  • edited April 2016
    This forum is dumb and buggy
    Post edited by Ikatono on
  • edited April 2016
    This forum is dumb and buggy
  • Japan is a crazy place
  • Someone just tried to buy my Facebook and Twitter URLs.
  • Ben & Jerry arrested

Well, I can't say I was expecting that today.
  • Ikatono said:

Japan is a crazy place

I have made it nearly two weeks without this happening yet. I live in fear.
  • Amp said:

I have made it nearly two weeks without this happening yet. I live in fear.

Where did you end up getting placed?
  • Ah sorry for not getting in touch was a mad old time there. I'm up in the mountains of Gifu prefecture.
  • This is supposed to be an infotainment tape, but it's needlessly creepy.

• No matter where you click to in that video, it's creepy and weird. I clicked to a random spot and I got a lady pouring scrabble tiles into a food processor. I think it's meant to represent alphabet soup, but who can really say?
  • Ugh, you're right. I clicked a random spot and saw a real live mouse about to get killed by a mouse trap (SPOILER: the mouse turns into a computer mouse at the instant the trap triggers).
  • edited May 2016

From comments:
    neatopat said:

It's political. The TSA want's more funding and to hire more employees, so they're strategically delaying passengers to their breaking points to create an uproar.

I flew out of Denver about two weeks ago. On each end of the airport they have 5 body scanners with two lines feeding each (10 total scanners and 20 lines). They had 3 of the 5 scanners and on each end (12 of the 20 total lines) dedicated to pre-check customers which no one was using. These lines were fully staffed with dozens of TSA agents standing around twiddling their thumbs. Meanwhile, they had only 8 of the available 20 lines open to the thousands of regular passengers trying to catch flights. I waited in line for over an hour and then grab a newspaper in the terminal that has an article on the front page saying the TSA is warning passengers to expect long lines this summer due to staff shortages and no funding for overtime. I read this immediately after I just saw probably 50 TSA agents standing around doing nothing.

• What the shit, weather?!
  • Yep, just got back from LA today. It was mighty uncomfortable down there.

• Aaaaand you know WHY I have no AC? Because it broke. FROM IT BEING TOO HOT OUT. That is the what-the-fuckiest part of all this.
  • Not too bad.
  • Doorbell rang and when I opened it the only thing out there was a duck.
  • Doorbell rang and when I opened it the only thing out there was a duck.

Hey.

Free duck.
  • Was he smoking a cigarette and holding a serving notice?
  • imageSuch duck, many talons
  • So a guy finds a strat to be king of melee but at the cost of doing so much physical harm that he could never play games again.

http://ssbmhax.blogspot.com/2016/06/update.html?m=1

This is ideal for the sports are games as we may be hitting that wall sooner then we think.
  • Found out that the keyboardist for the band Birds of Tokyo is a guy I went to high school with while listening to one of their songs.
  • So instead of simply dubbing a cutesy, Korean cartoon...they decided to frame this foreign show by getting the creator of Cow & Chicken to set up this bizarro Captain Planet idea featuring Flavor Flav as Father Time.