This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

WTF of Your Day

Comments

• Reddit Geek Girl: "I was once propositioned by a 40 year old virgin into Gor."
    If I learned anything from that TV Tropes article, it's that the moment someone reveals that they legitmately enjoy, take seriously, and are into Gor, you should probably get as far away from them as humanly goddamn possible.
  • edited November 2010
    I just read that TVTropes article and my faith in humanity is now in debt.

On a brighter note: I wonder if there's anyone out there interested in spending their entire life re-enacting the Dragonriders of Pern series.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • I just read that TVTropes article and my faith in humanity is now in debt.
    That page quote alone is enough to turn one's stomach. I wish I couldn't believe there are neckbeards who are socially deprived enough to consider that behavior acceptable.
  • There's a portal commentary? I'm downloading it again!
    Yeah, it's actually pretty good - you get little tidbits from the game designers about the process, little in jokes, why things are a particular way, etc, etc. They also have them for Episode One and Two.

My personal favourites from Portal are where they're talking about the ways they've let the players come up with clever, interesting solutions to problems, without letting them get too clever and breaking the game.
    This is a weta. It's a giant cricket.
  • This is a weta. It's a giant cricket.
    Fuck everything about that.
    Fuck everything about that.
    You think that's bad, Imagine how many of them it took to make the special effects in Lord Of the Rings.
    There was a documentary about a settlement of those guys in Johannesburg awhile back, I think.
  • Fred Durst, lead singer of Limp Bizkit:
  • If you don't break free when Liquid grabs you... this happens

-Awesome =D
  • Christmas Kisses

• edited November 2010
    Christmas Kisses
    The creators' comments: "Thank you Jhonen Vasquez and your powerful Twitter account."

That was some next-level comedy.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • The creators' comments: "Thank you Jhonen Vasquez and your powerful Twitter account."
    Yeah, he tweeted/tumblred it, that's how I found it.
  • Christmas Kisses
    That looks like Red Green except a pedophile.
  • The creators' comments: "Thank you Jhonen Vasquez and your powerful Twitter account."
    Yeah, he tweeted/tumblred it, that's how I found it.
    The internet is so awesome.
  • According to Wikipedia, The lady who dubbed Nausicca in the new dub is married to Mark Neveldine. :O
    So:
    imageimageimageimageimage
  • edited November 2010
    As always working in a warehouse for a site that sells anything you care to name off the top of your head, I thought I had pretty much seen everything. Not so! My company offers a full line of, how shall I say, intimate collections of stuff, and I ran into two of these items while binning orders last night.

Full Set

Massage Oil

Chocolate Set
    Post edited by Jack Draigo on
  • As always working in a warehouse for a site that sells anything you care to name off the top of your head, I thought I had pretty much seen everything. Not so! My company offers a full line of, how shall I say, intimate collections of stuff, and I ran into two of these items while binning orders last night.

Full Set
    Massage Oil
    Chocolate Set
    Another enlightening story about our friends at Zappos.com. Thank You, Jack 124. As always we appreciate our sponsors and thank them greatly for our support.
  • I was under the impression that Zappos sold...shoes, not "products."
  • I was under the impression that Zappos sold...shoes, not "products."
    We sell a lot more than shoes thank you very much.
  • edited November 2010
    Okay, this one threw me for a loop. Remember Lisa Foiles from All That? Apparently she writes for Kotaku now.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • We sell a lot more than shoes thank you very much.
    Do you sell strap-on harnesses? That is literally the last thing on my christmas list right now.
  • We sell a lot more than shoes thank you very much.
    Do you sell strap-on harnesses? That is literally the last thing on my christmas list right now.
    Please, please, please tell me you mean a harness you can strap to yourself for rock climbing.
  • edited November 2010
    Please, please, please tell me you mean a harness you can strap to yourself for rock climbing.
    No. I'm going to do some journalism. And the other one will be as a gift for someone.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • RememberLisa Foilesfrom All That?
    Holy crap! She got hot!
  • RememberLisa Foilesfrom All That?
    Holy crap! She got hot!
    No kiddin! Rawr!
  • My coworker who says he's from NYC had NO IDEA what cheesecake was. He's said some serious BS before, but I find it hard to believe that he has no idea about cheesecake.