This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Contents of your pockets

Comments

• I live the Quiver's integrated tool clamps a lot; they seem perfect for a camp shovel, baton, or a FuBar. The hydration mounts are also a huge plus; that, the clamps, and space for other tools and a netbook make it the perfect hackpack. When I get a full travel pack, something like that will be on the list to go with as a daypack.
  • I live the Quiver's integrated tool clamps a lot; they seem perfect for a camp shovel, baton, or aFuBar. The hydration mounts are also a huge plus; that, the clamps, and space for other tools and a netbook make it the perfect hackpack. When I get a full travel pack, something like that will be on the list to go with as a daypack.
    I'd use a larger pack as a day pack, but when I'm, say, Running a bit of parkour, or something where I need to move fast and light, I'd go for something like that.
  • For some reason I keep watching these stupid "Every Day Carry" or "EDC" videos on youtube, so I decided to necro this thread.

I usually keep a couple knives on me since they come in handy. At least my Swiss Army, but I like having a nice folder on me as well. That folder is actually really nice and doesn't wiggle at all which is surprising for a 5$ knife. I ordered a Kubotan the other day for my keychain just in case, and I do have an expandable baton but I'm not really that paranoid so I doubt I'd need it. Frankly I'm more afraid of a police officer catching me with the baton than running into someone I'd need to use it on.
    My main thing is just carrying tools on me. Besides my two knives I've got a mini swiss army knife on my keychain, and one of those key multitools as well. I also have a credit-card sized steel multi tool in my wallet in case I ever forget my knife or keys. Besides that I always like to keep a lighter on me even though I don't smoke. You never know when you'll need a lighter.
  • -Jumps into the necro bandwagon-

I hate using purses, so I use the same jacket every day.

Left inner breast pocket: My ID and my iPod. In the rare cases my mother asks me to take money from the ATM or pay something with her card, I carry said card in it.

Right inner breast pocket: Nothing

Left lower pocket: Spare change

Right lower pocket: Cellphone, more spare change and keys, in case I don't wear jeans.

If I'm wearing jeans, I hang my keys from one of the belt loops.

As to why I carry my ID in my breast pocket, it's because I don't have a wallet. The last one I had was stolen last year and it was a kick in the groin.
  • I Really like cargo jeans but they don't seem to make the ones I like anymore, so I've mostly switched over to carpenter jeans. I keep my wallet in my left front pocket ( I hate having stuff in my back pockets), my Swiss Army knife, pen, lighter and flashdrive in my right front pocket with my keys clipped to my belt loop with a carabiner and put in that pocket as well. I keep my folding knife clipped to the inside of my upper right front pocket ( the pocket in a pocket) and my phone in the small pocket on my right lower pocket. I have a messenger bag but I usually just keep my laptop and a couple books in it because I really only use it when I have to go to class.
  • Wallet, keys, phone. My keyring includes a Leatherman and flash drive.

Side note: Call me paranoid, but I would never post a photo of my keys online.
  • Yeah, I forgot about that. I was gonna swap that picture out for one I blurred some of the keys out, but it won't let me edit it in the new forums. Grr.
  • Pants pockets: Pocketwatch, keychain, cell phone, camera, loose change, pocket knife, wallet. I have a carabiner hanging off a front belt loop.

Jacket Pocket Left: Shitty-ass knock-off ipod with earbuds wrapped around my neck and back into my pocket. 2 bus tickets.

Jacket Pocket Right : Three mechanical pencils, blue pen, eraser pen.

Trenchcoat Pockets: 3DS, charging cables for all my electronics, Kindle, leather gloves.

I carry a lot of shit with me.

Headphones and gum in left cargo, pen and change in left front, keys clipped to belt loop, memo pad in left back, wallet in right back, 8Gb Drive and knife in right front, and iPhone 3GS in my right cargo. By the way I have had that wallet for 15 years now.

As for posting my keys, breaking into my house and/or my car would be quite easy.
  • That's a good lookin knife there, new guy. Manufacturer?
  • These are the contents of my purse for most of the time, however all the fancy gadgets on the left side sometimes are left at home or my phone is in the pocket of my sweater.

• Kudos on the Nyan phone. And nice baton, that looks like the same one I have. Have you run into any problems with carrying that legally?
  • edited November 2011
    I'm not sure.
    RCW (Revised Code of Washington) 9.41.270 Weapons apparently capable of producing bodily harm — Unlawful carrying or handling — Penalty — Exceptions.

(1) It shall be unlawful for any person to carry, exhibit, display, or draw any firearm, dagger, sword, knife or other cutting or stabbing instrument, club, or any other weapon apparently capable of producing bodily harm, in a manner, under circumstances, and at a time and place that either manifests an intent to intimidate another or that warrants alarm for the safety of other persons.

(2) Any person violating the provisions of subsection (1) above shall be guilty of a gross misdemeanor. If any person is convicted of a violation of subsection (1) of this section, the person shall lose his or her concealed pistol license, if any. The court shall send notice of the revocation to the department of licensing, and the city, town, or county which issued the license.

(3) Subsection (1) of this section shall not apply to or affect the following:

(a) Any act committed by a person while in his or her place of abode or fixed place of business;

(b) Any person who by virtue of his or her office or public employment is vested by law with a duty to preserve public safety, maintain public order, or to make arrests for offenses, while in the performance of such duty;

(c) Any person acting for the purpose of protecting himself or herself against the use of presently threatened unlawful force by another, or for the purpose of protecting another against the use of such unlawful force by a third person;

(d) Any person making or assisting in making a lawful arrest for the commission of a felony; or

(e) Any person engaged in military activities sponsored by the federal or state governments.
    I have no intentions of using this for other than self defense. I wonder if it means that I just need to make sure to not get caught with it in my person. It stays in my purse all the time. I have never been in a situation where I need it and I hope I never do.

As for my phone case, I cross-stitched it myself.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • That sounds similar to michigan's laws. I'm pretty sure its illegal to carry, but how likely are you of getting caught is the better question. Also, if the attacker is unarmed it could be seen as aggravated assault or unreasonable force so becareful. I bought a kubotan since it seems less illegal.

How did you make the rest of the case? Did you just add the cross-stitching to the back of another case?
  • There is a special iPhone case for cross-stitching. I bought it and did the design which wasn't hard to figure out. Just needed to find the right colors I wanted.
  • Oh that's cool. I figured you might have bought a cheap one and just cut the back out for the cross-stitching.

Well my Kubotan came. I like it though because of the color it does look like some sort of cross between a sonic screwdriver and a sextoy. Oh well, I might need it one day, and the way I have it on my carabiner it would work as a nice long flail as well.

I also added a duct tape fob to my keychain since that stuff always comes in handy.
  • 4 bucks and a smartrip today.
  • iPod and earbuds, phone, wallet with bus pass and $24, and a straw for some reason.
  • edited November 2011
    In my pockets, it's pen, notepad, Phone, Wallet, Leatherman. I might go through my bag later and figure out what's in there, but at the least, swiss army knife, duct tape(black), and 90 pound test braided line, another notepad.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited November 2011
    Yeah, I forgot about that. I was gonna swap that picture out for one I blurred some of the keys out, but it won't let me edit it in the new forums. Grr.
    Don't worry, if it's someone that really wants to get into your place and can do a copy of your keys with a picture, they probably know how to pick a lock within 10 seconds.

BTW I only carry my keys, phone, and some pills.
    Post edited by MrRoboto on
  • edited November 2011
    some pills

Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Don't worry, if it's someone that really wants to get into your place and can do a copy of your keys with a picture, they probably know how to pick a lock within 10 seconds.
    Or they could just, y'know, break a window.
  • edited November 2011
    1. Public transport card.
    2. Driver's licence.
    3. Health insurance card.
    4. School ID.
    5. Bank card.
    6. Credit card.
    7. Debit card-ish thing(?).
    8. Game store membership card.
    9. Bank card for my other account.
    10. 2 unstamped train tickets.
    11. Google account password.
    12. As little cash as possible.
    13. House key, kept with my change.
    14. Wallet
    15. iPhone cover (photo was taken with my iPhone).
    When I go to school, I'll also carry my bag containing a laptop, mouse and charger; my lunch; a small noteblock and pen; and a book that I'm reading.
    Post edited by Bronzdragon on
  • Wow, are you guys asking for identity theft?
  • I carry a small wallet with a hundred or so dollars cash, two credit cards, a debit card, metrocard, and driver's license.

I also carry keys and my phone. Sometimes, I'll also have a kindle in my pocket.

Anything else would either be in a bag or not actually on me: I travel very light in my daily life.
  • edited November 2011
    Google Account password in your wallet. 2011.

ISHYGDDT.

Anyway, yes. WUB's everyday gear:

Pockets:
    -Keys
    -Wallet containing check card, IDs, a small amount of cash (enough for a taxi or a small bribe), membership cards (REI co-op, bar cards, stuff like that), travel insurance card, smart cards for buildings.
    -iPhone 3G (hoping to upgrade to the Nexus when I get home)
    -Pilot Uniball Vision Fine Point pen, uni Posca markers (broad chisel, black and white), Little Prince Moleskine.

Bag (Domke F3-X RuggedWear Camera Bag):
    -Nikon D90, 50mm f/1.8 lens.
    -Lenspen, microfiber cloth
    -Sewing kit
    -Watercolor sketch set
    -Pencils and charcoals, straight edge
    -Larger sketchbook
    -Flask (whiskey)
    -Kindle 3G
    -Bananagrams

Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Right, I should mention... that google password is not my profile, nor do I care if it gets stolen. Also, if you can get anything useful out of those card, feel free to not do horrible things to me.
  • That's a good lookin knife there, new guy. Manufacturer?
    Thanks, it a Kershaw, 1640 Vapor. Design by Ken Onion.
  • Ah-ha, I own a Kershaw 1660CKT Leek Black, also by Ken Onion.
  • This thread went full retard. I thought it was bad when people were posting photos of their keys. Now they're posting photos of their credit cards and pocket dildos.