This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

It's sooo hot (I.E. Weather bitch thread)

Comments

• edited December 2011
    I thought SoCal was always in the 30's! (celsius joke!)

Yesterday (and to a lesser extent, today) was very hot and muggy...for December. Seriously, New York, we already had our first snow... why you gotta back out now?

EDIT: I just realized that season changes are very much like shifting gears in a car. NY is an old station wagon where the gears jump back and lock up randomly when you shift, whereas California is a shiny new car where the gears seamlessly slide into each other.
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • Nothing quite like a nice walk in the rain.

Except when your shoes are falling apart.
  • EDIT: I just realized that season changes are very much like shifting gears in a car. NY is an old station wagon where the gears jump back and lock up randomly when you shift, whereas California is a shiny new car where the gears seamlessly slide into each other.
    And there is only three gears. And one of those gears is on fire.
  • EDIT: I just realized that season changes are very much like shifting gears in a car. NY is an old station wagon where the gears jump back and lock up randomly when you shift, whereas California is a shiny new car where the gears seamlessly slide into each other.
    And there is only three gears. And one of those gears is on fire.
    California also has a secret gear that you accidently shift into from time to time while between the normal gears. That gear, for whatever reason, turns on the cabin fans and the windshield wipers, but it only stays in that gear for about a minute before jumping to the next gear.

• Damn, it's tooooo cold! >________<
  • It's a bit chilly this morning.
  • It was dick cold and tits wet this morning. Neither of them were in the good sense.
  • Same ol' in Bogotá, which means cold, rainy and gray. I hate this city.
  • Hasn't it been raining in Colombia for like a year? I really need to go back at some point.
  • Yay, sweater weather! :D
  • I'm going to agree with Nuri. I enjoy wearing my wool socks, hats, gloves, cowl, and various things I've made for myself. I need to make more things for the winter.
  • Hasn't it been raining in Colombia for like a year? I really need to go back at some point.
    Not necessarily a year, but these past rainy seasons have been a disaster. The Dam Canal burst, Chía and the Universidad de la Sabana were underwater... There were a couple of months where the weather was a relief, but here's hoping January is as dry as it tends to be. Just not like in 2010, where it was so dry the eastern hills in Bogotá were burning almost every day. It was sad.

Also, which part of Paradise, er, Colombia are you from?

• Also, which part of Paradise, er, Colombia are you from?
    Dad's from Cali, mom is from La Valle de Cauca. I was born in New York but spent some time in Colombia as a kid, mostly in Cauca near Piendamo.
  • I see. -High five-. I'm from Barranquilla, but as you read, I live in Bogotá.
  • I live in the cold and icy Finland, so somebody tell me why, when I look outside I don't see snow, but instead pools of water. It's the end of December, it's supposed to be winter right now.
  • Here in Boston, we haven't gotten snow since October. There were flurries on Christmas, but it didn't accumulate. I'm starting to miss precipitation.
  • It's pretty hot and sunny over here. To the point where I've had to open my bedroom window to get the heat out.
  • Here in Florida we haven't had snow since February (I think it was). Frozenwaterfellfromtheskyittotallycounts.
  • Which part of Florida?
  • It went as far south as north-central Florida. Didn't get any in Orlando, but there was snow on the ground near Gainesville for whole minutes!
  • It's soooo hot out!! It's gross. Friggin 45 degrees.
  • It went as far south as north-central Florida. Didn't get any in Orlando, but there was snow on the ground near Gainesville for whole minutes!
    I see. Weird. Then again, I'll ask my aunt in Tampa how's the weather over there.
  • edited December 2011
    I see. Weird. Then again, I'll ask my aunt in Tampa how's the weather over there.
    This was last winter and it didn't get as far south as Tampa. Hell, right now it's in the 60's. Just wanted to say that we've totally got weather here too. For real >_>
    I live in the cold and icy Finland, so somebody tell me why, when I look outside I don't see snow, but instead pools of water. It's the end of December, it's supposed to be winter right now.
    You're not the only one.
    Post edited by Ruffas on
  • It has been unseasonably warm this December and its not gonna get colder till the punk kids are back in school. I think that's part of the reason so much craziness has happened lately (see my thing about a shootout at work in fail of your booyah).
  • It has been unseasonably warm this December and its not gonna get colder till the punk kids are back in school. I think that's part of the reason so much craziness has happened lately (see my thing about a shootout at work in fail of your booyah).

It's Obama's fault.
  • I live in the cold and icy Finland, so somebody tell me why, when I look outside I don't see snow, but instead pools of water. It's the end of December, it's supposed to be winter right now.
    Global Warming. ;)
    Global Warming. ;)
    I don't mind as much except for punk kids shooting each other IN MY PARKING LOT.
  • edited December 2011
    Just going to say from here in the Pacific Northwest, it was cold for a long while, but then it got warmer and it started raining again. Very typical if you ask me. I want more snow, but not likely this time around.

EDIT: Did I mention I was drunk? Well, I am. And posting, as I am want to do.
    Post edited by theknoxinator on
  • It's around 12F before wind chill outside. This wouldn't be a problem, but all the heat and hot water in the building is dead, and accommodation is taking their sweet-ass time responding to our maintenance request. It's around 55F in my bedroom.

Fuck this noise.
  • The weather in New York right now is pretty nice, all things considered.