This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

It's sooo hot (I.E. Weather bitch thread)

Comments

• 76 is the best temp for me, but Andrew won't let me keep it there because its too hot for him. :-P
    It's also too hot for my little yeasties.

They'll live.

I'm kicking myself for not having a saison in the hopper. This would be perfect weather!

• Hot days like this make me wish women didn't have extra rules regarding appropriate garb. Even in the shade my perspiration will exceed the evaporation rates and absorbancy levels of my clothes. (The more you know)
  • Hot days like this make me wish women didn't have extra rules regarding appropriate garb.
    They don't in New York, and those rules never hold up in court in the backward places where they exist.

• Hot days like this make me wish women didn't have extra rules regarding appropriate garb.
    They don't in New York, and those rules never hold up in court in the backward places where they exist.
    The social rules exist. ):
  • Hot days like this make me wish women didn't have extra rules regarding appropriate garb. Even in the shade my perspiration will exceed the evaporation rates and absorbancy levels of my clothes. (The more you know)
    Srsly? This is the time of year when I get jealous of women because of how nicely the ventilation-fashion equilibrium works out.
  • HA. I live in Queensland, it's not unusual to see women walking around in bikini tops with a light camisole thrown over the top, or super-light sundresses.
    Try a skirt.
  • edited June 2012
    Hot days like this make me wish women didn't have extra rules regarding appropriate garb.
    To hell with social rules. Strut around topless. Anyone gives you shit, punch 'em in the dick.

Edit: Other idea: linen everything. Linen is the best thing ever. I can wear a long-sleeve linen tunic in burning heat and be cooler than I am when shirtless. The sweat-wicking properties of the fabric, combined with the open weave, makes for a great cooling system. Also, it keeps the sun off of you.

Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
    To hell with social rules. Strut around topless. Anyone gives you shit, punch 'em in the dick.

It's legal in NYC. Just be prepared for staring. Sorry, we can't help it. If you ladies would all just do it all the time, we would get used to it, and the staring would stop in a week or two.
  • Linen is indeed king. I wear linen shirts and linen blazers almost every day in the summer.
  • Yes, I need more linen.
  • To hell with social rules. Strut around topless. Anyone gives you shit, punch 'em in the dick.

Edit: Other idea: linen everything. Linen is the best thing ever. I can wear a long-sleeve linen tunic in burning heat and be cooler than I am when shirtless. The sweat-wicking properties of the fabric, combined with the open weave, makes for a great cooling system. Also, it keeps the sun off of you.
    I typically enjoy being inconspicuous.
    I own a lot of wicking sports-wear (merino wool, synthetic, etc), but it just ends up just as bad. I think I need something with a ton of built in vents..
  • Raining a good portion of the day and 54. I'm ok with this.
    Me too, but the people outside trying to celebrate pride weekend are having a tough time with it.
    Me too, but the people outside trying to celebrate pride weekend are having a tough time with it.
    Yeah. I was just in Kent and felt bad for the people at the Farmer's Market.
  • Augh, I want to be topless so bad in the summer, but it isn't the law that prevents me, it's the fact that I hate drawing attention to myself. If I did it, people would stare and be rude and act like I was some sort of sex lady. It has nothing to do with sex! I just want to be cool and feel the wind on my back. I'm shy and I don't want to do this by myself.
    It's legal in NYC. Just be prepared for staring. Sorry, we can't help it. If you ladies would all just do it all the time, we would get used to it, and the staring would stop in a week or two.
    It's true that the staring would stop in time, but men can help staring at the get go. The "We can't help it, we are horny men!" is such a tired excuse for bad behavior. I'm not saying you can't look at or appreciate attractive people of either gender, but don't oggle or gawk. It's super annoying.

• Maybe you could start a movement of women being topless. If it got big enough, people would stop caring and it would fade into the background just like guys not wearing shirts. Please don't accuse me of just wanting to see boobs, because I almost aggressively don't.
  • Not Emily's boobs though.
  • Not that there's anything wrong with Emily's boobs.
  • Not that I've seen them, so know what they even look like.
  • Boobs make me act weird. I can't help it.
  • edited June 2012
    Boobs make me act weird. I can't help it.
    Yep, I can overcome all kinds of things that my biology wants me to do. Yet, no matter how much I consciously decide not to look at boobs, I always find my eyes looking at them. My brain is like police and my eyeballs are repeat offenders no matter how many times my brain catches them.

I don't think there's really any easy way to overcome this unless there are lots of boobs everywhere all the time. Maybe I can get a job in a strip club to solve this problem.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • It's true that the staring would stop in time, but men can help staring at the get go. The "We can't help it, we are horny men!" is such a tired excuse for bad behavior. I'm not saying you can't look at or appreciate attractive people of either gender, but don't oggle or gawk. It's super annoying.
    I try really hard not to be that guy and it still happens.
  • Go without a bra and wear like a light mesh blouse. Comfortable and cool and only slight staring from passerby's.
  • edited June 2012
    Boobs make me act weird. I can't help it.
    Yep, I can overcome all kinds of things that my biology wants me to do. Yet, no matter how much I consciously decide not to look at boobs, I always find my eyes looking at them. My brain is like police and my eyeballs are repeat offenders no matter how many times my brain catches them.

I don't think there's really any easy way to overcome this unless there are lots of boobs everywhere all the time. Maybe I can get a job in a strip club to solve this problem.
    Possibly adopt some technique from clockwork orange, and use it while at strip club. Problem solved.
    Post edited by no fun girl on
  • I dunno about this boobs everywhere thing. I agree it could desensitize guys to boobs which I guess would be a good thing, however there are some really gross boobs out there. I feel like for some reason the women with the grossest would be the most inclined to go topless all the time. Like the ones that shouldn't be wearing tight clothes or showing off veiny legs, etc. I know I know, they can't help it, why should they restrict themselves bc they aren't perfect, etc. etc. Whatever.

Anyway, I wish I could at least go around with a bikini top. Technically its legal, but everyone gives you disgusting looks like you're a slut, plus many establishments wouldn't let you in. Unless you're in a beach area I guess. If you wear a tank top/sheer shirt over it its not so bad, but then you're defeating the purpose. And then theres the whole some women shouldn't wear them thing. -_-
  • edited June 2012
    For women with breasts larger than a B cup, bra-less usually (not always, but usually) isn't a comfortable state for being out and about. Downward bounce is painful and the weight of unsupported breast can be uncomfortable on the shoulders, neck, and back.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • I dunno about this boobs everywhere thing. I agree it could desensitize guys to boobs which I guess would be a good thing, however there are some really gross boobs out there. I feel like for some reason the women with the grossest would be the most inclined to go topless all the time. Like the ones that shouldn't be wearing tight clothes or showing off veiny legs, etc. I know I know, they can't help it, why should they restrict themselves bc they aren't perfect, etc. etc. Whatever.
    Kind of reminds me of an old Drew Carey comedy routine (for those of you who don't know, Drew Carey is a fairly heavy-set comedian/game show host) where he was talking about dressing appropriate to your body size. He calls himself out too, basically saying, "Yeah, I know I'm fat, and I try to dress appropriate to my body size. You should too."
  • I am not saying that everyone should be topless all the time, I just want it to be equal for men and women. So, if that large man at the football game can be without a shirt and that is okay, same goes for the old woman with the saggy boobs.
    I am not saying don't look at boobs, or feel bad about finding nice boobs sexually arousing. At the beach, I like when I see the chests of men who are attractive, of course I don't avert my eyes, I just glance and mentally go "oh, nice!" and move on. I find the upper arm area, the deltoids to the pectoral muscles, especially pleasing from an aesthetic perspective.
    Look at in African cultures where bare breasts are the norm. Breasts are still seen as attractive, but people are not obsessed with looking at them. It's not like everyone in those cultures is going around constantly looking at and thinking about boobs. I think that guys will still look at and appreciate chests even when it is normal not to cover them, but will stop feeling so compelled to stare and fixate.