This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What TV Shows Are You Watching?

Comments

• Why is that? Because it was so far fetched?
  • edited March 2011
    Why is that? Because it was so far fetched?
    It's so vastly and wildly wrong in it's basic details about air travel that even an infrequent passenger will notice the vast breaks from reality that occur throughout. It not only threw me out of the episode and broke the suspension of disbelief, but it honestly made me wonder if the writers have EVER been on an aircraft. I mean, the stuff in the cargo hold, you could get away with, because planes are wizardry on that level to most people, so whatever, that's acceptable. But most of the rest of the episode is just nonsense, which is mostly unusual for the show, with in most other episodes, at least makes the attempt to be plausible.

I think they had a script for another episode which was a locked room mystery of sorts, and they needed to put it somewhere, but somewhere along the line decided to put it on a plane, because it's an easy concept that you can't get off a plane in mid flight, rather than having some contrived reason you can't get out of a building.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Beth Riesgraf is a stone cold fox.
    She's like one of the only blonde actresses I actually enjoy. Her quirky performance in the country song episode was spot on.

@Churba Yeah, the thing I liked about that episode was the WoW references.
  • Contact a prostitute if it lasts more than 4 hours.
  • Why is that? Because it was so far fetched?
    But most of the rest of the episode is just nonsense, which is mostly unusual for the show, with in most other episodes, at least makes the attempt to be plausible.
    You could tell me that airplanes are secretly powered by unicorns on treadmills and bottled fairy dust, and I'd suspend my disbelief as long as Beth Riesgraf appeared in a catsuit or cocktail dress somewhere along the line.
  • Hetalia anime is dumb and poorly animated.
    So I started watching Hetalia because you know it's 5 minutes of stereotypes and history. I'm in the second season and wow, the quality of the jokes increased like ten fold. They are more about getting to know different countries and playing with stereotypes instead of weird romances between chili Holy Rome and Italy. All I gotta say is start with eps 26 and I think you'll see a improvement. (it's not like you have to watch them in order)
  • I'm a little behind, I know, but I'm watching Deadwood season 3 at the moment. What a series! Ian McShane's character is perhaps IMO, one of the greatest TV characters in recent memory. Season one was good, season two was stunning, I'm getting a little bored now halfway through season 3 but it's still excellent TV. It's a shame they only made three seasons.
  • So I started watching Hetalia because you know it's 5 minutes of stereotypes and history. I'm in the second season and wow, the quality of the jokes increased like ten fold. They are more about getting to know different countries and playing with stereotypes instead of weird romances between chili Holy Rome and Italy. All I gotta say is start with eps 26 and I think you'll see a improvement. (it's not like you have to watch them in order)
    Oh, I love the jokes and all, I'm just not a fan of the anime's execution. The pacing gets a little better, but not great. I have actually watched 40 or so episodes, because Hetalia is such my guilty pleasure. I am one of those people who says things like "I totally ship Sweden/Finland!" or "Tsundere England secretly totally wants to make out with the US."
  • So I started watching Hetalia because you know it's 5 minutes of stereotypes and history. I'm in the second season and wow, the quality of the jokes increased like ten fold. They are more about getting to know different countries and playing with stereotypes instead of weird romances between chili Holy Rome and Italy. All I gotta say is start with eps 26 and I think you'll see a improvement. (it's not like you have to watch them in order)
    Oh, I love the jokes and all, I'm just not a fan of the anime's execution. The pacing gets a little better, but not great. I have actually watched 40 or so episodes, because Hetalia is such my guilty pleasure. I am one of those people who says things like "I totally ship Sweden/Finland!" or "Tsundere England secretly totally wants to make out with the US."
    Are you watching the dubbed or subbed version? Because I've seen a few episodes of the dubbed version, and they've made me laugh. But I know this one is done in the style of Shin-Chan, where it's filled with adult references and sex jokes due to how Funimation wanted to change it. I'm tempted to like that, because I really liked the snappy dubs of Lupin and Shin-chan.

Also, both seasons are on Netflix. Woo.
  • Just watched eps 1 of Castle it is Nathan Filliontastic. Laura and Scott Fanboy/girl Squeal.
  • Just watched eps 1 of Castle it is Nathan Filliontastic. Laura and Scott Fanboy/girl Squeal.
    OMG, to go through them all again for the first time. You will enjoy them all. I promise! :3
  • I'm watching:

Peep Show
    That Mitchell and Webb Look
    Leverage

Wow. I am cool. Yes.
  • Currently watching via Netflix Instant "Rocky and Bullwinkle". It was funny when I was a kid, now even funnier as an adult.
  • Currently watching via Netflix Instant "Rocky and Bullwinkle". It was funny when I was a kid, now even funnier as an adult.
    I bought the first two box sets on DVD back in the day.
  • I've been really getting into Star Trek TNG and the franchise in general. For some reason it's got an intense grip on my imagination that I haven't felt from it before. Maybe it's because I'm a bit older or because I would love to explore the stars or the information available for me to discover. Whatever reason, I still feel mildly dirty for having such a fascination.
  • I've been really getting into Star Trek TNG and the franchise in general. For some reason it's got an intense grip on my imagination that I haven't felt from it before. Maybe it's because I'm a bit older or because I would love to explore the stars or the information available for me to discover. Whatever reason, I still feel mildly dirty for having such a fascination.
    WELCOME, BROTHER. Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam!
  • Hey Ro: Castle was canceled. Nathan Fillion said so on Twitter. It must be true.
  • Hey Ro: Castle was canceled. Nathan Fillion said so on Twitter. It must be true.
    Heh, if this wasn't the date it was, I would have just started punching things since I just started to watch that show...
    LOL. I was just talking to George about this.

Well you know what we need to do now, we need to start an internet uprising and call ourselves the "Castle-ites" and get a movie started.
  • Well you know what we need to do now, we need to start an internet uprising and call ourselves the "Castle-ites" and get a movie started.
    I personally think we should go with "Rooks". It just sounds better.
  • Well you know what we need to do now, we need to start an internet uprising and call ourselves the "Castle-ites" and get a movie started.
    I personally think we should go with "Rooks". It just sounds better.
    Yeah, that sounds better. I couldn't think of anything clever at the time.
  • After being reminded of the awesome show Coupling today, I just realized that all four seasons are streaming on Netflix. If you haven't seen it, you really should. I'll be rewatching it myself since I still haven't bought it for myself as of yet.
  • After being reminded of the awesome show Coupling today, I just realized that all four seasons are streaming on Netflix. If you haven't seen it, you really should. I'll be rewatching it myself since I still haven't bought it for myself as of yet.
    It's so good. Everything Moffat touches turns to gold.
  • Just saw the first two episodes of AMC's The Killing last night. Excellent show. Almost a Twin Peaks meets Se7en vibe to it. Very dark, very smart, and well done. Not many shows tend to be based in Seattle, and the constant rain and mist really adds to the atmosphere.

Next up is to watch is The Borgias, which I'm also really looking forward to and in less than two weeks, the premiere of Game of Thrones, which I've been excited about ever since it was first announced over a year ago.

Now if only HBO would re-option Preacher for a series.
  • 30 Rock will be ending next year. But the good news is this means we won't have to see a Baldwin-less 30 Rock because the show will be ending before he can leave!
  • 30 Rock will be ending next year. But the good news is this means we won't have to see a Baldwin-less 30 Rock because the show will be ending before he can leave!
    I'd rather they end it on a high note than let it drag until it turns to crap.
    I'd rather they end it on a high note than let it drag until it turns to crap.
  • Laura and I just caught up on 3 seasons of Castle.. Man, that show is well written and funny. (Firefly and geek references help a lot too) Nathan Fillion is a god among men.
  • Laura and I just caught up on 3 seasons of Castle.. Man, that show is well written and funny. (Firefly and geek references help a lot too) Nathan Fillion is a god among men.
    Woohoo!

What were some of your favorite moments/episodes? I really enjoy rewatching them and seeing the facial expressions and reactions I may have missed before.
  • edited April 2011
    Watching No Reservations because my wanderlust is really hitting me hard right now, but I can't get out of town.

There were almost manly tears when I watched the Madrid and Bangkok episodes. I will not lie.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on