This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What TV Shows Are You Watching?

Comments

• I've been watching all of Doug and am on season 3. I don't know if the torrent I found has the ABC version of Doug. I wouldn't mind seeing that since I ignored it when Doug left Nickelodeon.

I remember all the episodes I've seen again and I really love the songs in that show. They are so catchy and awesome, especially the ones by The Beets.
  • I'm trying to watch Criminal Minds because my mom is big into it and I like having things to talk about with her, but thus far (I'm a bit into season 1) I find it a combination of poor characterization and kind of disturbing.
  • Ro,

What don't I like about the show, I'm a fan of all crazy sci-fi murder theories Castle always comes up with, the way he is raising his daughter and her inability to do wrong, all the side characters are really strong and fun to watch. I especially liked the "fringe group episodes" like the Steampunk and the vampire eps, because they always highlight how geeky the characters are. (or at least the writing) I'm also a fan of all the times Castle forgets he's just a writer and says he's a trained law enforcement officer (and of course all the firefly references)
  • Transformers Animated is a lot like Teen Titans, which is good. That being said, the art style is going to take some getting used to.
  • Is it just me or is Archer's opening sequence a Cowboy Bebop reference?
  • Dexter is really, really good.
  • Watching Burn Notice: The Fall of Sam Axe right now. Enjoying it. Other stuff I watched...

-Doctor Who, in middle of the Christopher Eccleston Season. Pretty good.
    -Finished Freaks and Geeks. That an incredible high school show. I really love Judd Apatow, was surprised how much I enjoyed it. It's also odd how James Franco became the biggest name from it, because their characters aren't that amazing.

Other than that, I'm praying a lot of the new network "bubble" shows get cancelled. Many of them were bad, but atleast the worst of the worst like "Perfect Couples" and "The Cape" got axed already.
    They're both referencing 1970s cop/spy/espionage shows.
  • Watching Burn Notice: The Fall of Sam Axe right now. Enjoying it. Other stuff I watched...

-Doctor Who, in middle of the Christopher Eccleston Season. Pretty good.
    -Finished Freaks and Geeks. That an incredible high school show. I really love Judd Apatow, was surprised how much I enjoyed it. It's also odd how James Franco became the biggest name from it, because their characters aren't that amazing.

Other than that, I'm praying a lot of the new network "bubble" shows get cancelled. Many of them were bad, but atleast the worst of the worst like "Perfect Couples" and "The Cape" got axed already.

I can not stand Burn Notice. Or any of the live action oringal programing on USA. They are all pretty much the exact same show... Pretty boy main actor. Sidekick who is or is like a brother. The main character leaves their orginal calling to persuse something simliar but different that uses their unique skill set.
  • They are all pretty much the exact same show... Pretty boy main actor. Sidekick who is or is like a brother. The main character leaves their orginal calling to persuse something simliar but different that uses their unique skill set.
    You've just described 80 percent of fiction.
    They're both referencing 1970s cop/spy/espionage shows.
    I thought as much, but I've never seen the original. None of the old Bond movies I've seen has that kind of particular "Silhouettes, Running and Planes" aesthetic.
  • The Borgias is a great show.

Also, if no one has seen it, Downton Abbey is like crack for me.

• -Finished Freaks and Geeks. That an incredible high school show. I really love Judd Apatow, was surprised how much I enjoyed it. It's also odd how James Franco became the biggest name from it, because their characters aren't that amazing.
    That is one of my favorite shows of all time. The eps about the Band girl and the D&D; eps where some of the best. I've been trying to get people to watch this whole series for a long time. It's so good. Plus it doesn't play around with the main relationships in the show, they get right to the point with no a lot of time wasted on angst.
  • Game of Thrones. Holy crap.
  • edited April 2011
    That is one of my favorite shows of all time. The eps about the Band girl and the D&D; eps where some of the best. I've been trying to get people to watch this whole series for a long time. It's so good. Plus it doesn't play around with the main relationships in the show, they get right to the point with no a lot of time wasted on angst.
    I was so happy I took the time to watch it. Because I see a lot of the actors all the time and love the stuff they do. It just struck me a little odd how Linda Cardellini and John Francis Daley didn't take off as much as Seth Rogen or Jason Segel because Sam and Lindsey were my favorite characters and solid actors. I'm really looking forward to Undeclared, even though I know that's the 30-Minute Comedy version. But I have faith, because I really like about everything Judd Apatow has a hand in. (Not counting his PRODUCED movies, because that just means he wrote a check)
    Post edited by Nukerjsr on
  • (Not counting his PRODUCED movies, because that just means he wrote a check)
    I think Heavyweights, Anchorman, Talladega Nights, Superbad, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Step Brothers, and Get Him to the Greek would like to talk to you in the other room. I think it's about Baseball, because they were holding bats.
  • (Not counting his PRODUCED movies, because that just means he wrote a check)
    I think Heavyweights, Anchorman, Talladega Nights, Superbad, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Step Brothers, and Get Him to the Greek would like to talk to you in the other room. I think it's about Baseball, because they were holding bats.
    I love 6 out of 7 of those movies. But seriously, Step Brothers, Year One, Drillbit Taylor, Kicking and Screaming? ...yeah.

But I do pledge my allegiance to Apatow either way. Hell, I'm going to an advanced screening of the movie "Bridesmaids" because he's producing it. (And I like all the female actors it has, and it's only going to be 2 dollars...)
  • I love 6 out of 7 of those movies. But seriously, Step Brothers, Year One, Drillbit Taylor, Kicking and Screaming? ...yeah.
    Hey, Step Brothers is hilarious!

Did you touch my drum set?
    No.
    Then why are you all sweaty?
    I'm watching Cops.
  • East West 101. Holy shit.
  • Watching The Tick Animated Series SPOON !!!
    Also they took Chaos of Fox and it still had 10 episode to go and they only showed 3 i mean give it a chance Fox DAMN
    Plus was this weeks BONES just a lame tie in for some new show but it did have Danny Trejo as a Bishop and man is he short
  • Watching Friends to have something on in the background/other monitor as I needlessly destroy square blocks. (Minecraft)
  • I'd forgotten how many fucking awesome drama series we make down here.
  • Star Trek The Next Generation.
  • Shut up, Wesley!

HAHAHA.
  • edited May 2011
    Star Trek The Next Generation.
    same here! I have a feeling my current interest/obsession will lead to a season/series set for my birthday.
    Post edited by JukeBoxJosh on
  • Game of Thrones continues to be amazing.

Thank god for time-shifting because there are just too many good shows on Sunday now with Game of Thrones, the Killing, Treme, and the Borgias.
  • Thank god for time-shifting because there are just too many good shows on Sunday now with Game of Thrones, the Killing, Treme, and the Borgias.
    That's what DVRs are for. I remember when I would adjust my schedule because of some show was airing that night.

No longer having cable and using Netflix, Hulu, and other digital ways to acquire media makes it to where I watch the shows when I want to watch it and caring about being up to date with most things aren't as important as it once was.

I honestly prefer waiting until the entire season/show is available and just go on a good bender with that. Waiting week after week for the next episode can be a pain. I will only do that for certain shows.

As for Game of Thrones, I will wait until the season is over to actually watch it. I still have to yet to watch The Walking Dead, but it's on the list of things I will eventually watch.
  • I totally agree that with Netflix, Hulu, and other means to acquire media, cable is becoming increasingly obsolete (with the exception for sports).

As much as I liked The Walking Dead (and it was damn good) Game of Thrones blows it out of the water (but that might just be because I enjoy the books more than I enjoy the comic, although I like both).

Now all we need is for Showtime to make a Prince of Nothing tv series to counter HBO and I'll be very happy.
  • Now all we need is for Showtime to make a Prince of Nothing tv series to counter HBO and I'll be very happy.
    I want a movie trilogy, and then four more movies.
  • You really think they could condense PoN down to a movie? That's why TV works so well for Game of Thrones. Each book is going to get an entire season (at least), and some of the later books might even be longer than a single season.