This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What TV Shows Are You Watching?

Comments

• Ok, I'm getting really tired of seeing depressing plots on Star Trek: TNG.
    It's sad all the way down.
    I'll just have to not get too emotionally invested and just try to see the overall moral of the episode and appreciate the struggle and conflicts of the crew.
  • Can't wait for June 26th.

/jealous of Sookie.
  • /jealous of Sookie.
    You want your life blood stolen by vampires?

//Vampire Hunter can't help but hate.
  • You want your life blood stolen by vampires?

//Vampire Hunter can't help but hate.
    She generates it back just fine. I'm talking about all the hawt man lovin' she's getting. This season is all about Eric!
  • She generates it back just fine. I'm talking about all the hawt man lovin' she's getting. This season is all about Eric!
    Yea, it's vampire man loving...
    I'll just have to not get too emotionally invested and just try to see the overall moral of the episode and appreciate the struggle and conflicts of the crew.
    At least he smartens up and leaves the enterprise for DS9.
  • She generates it back just fine. I'm talking about all the hawt man lovin' she's getting. This season is all about Eric!
    Yea, it's vampire man loving...
    Don't any problems there.
    At least he smartens up and leaves the enterprise for DS9.
    I guess I might have to look forward to seeing that.
  • This season is all about Eric!
    Eric leaves the show two episodes in, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
  • This season is all about Eric!
    Eric leaves the show two episodes in, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
    You think I don't recognize that link?
  • I'm watching Veronica Mars on Netflix. It's quite enjoyable.
  • edited May 2011
    The AV Club is going to start up it's summer episode-by-episode reviews of classic shows tomorrow. The link is to the schedule, but to make it easier among them will be reviews of Cowboy Bebop, Arrested Development, NewsRadio, Star Trek: TNG, The Larry Sanders Show, Buffy/Angel, The X-Files, Classic Doctor Who, and Batman: TAS. I've been following their reviews of Parks and Recreation, and they're very good.
    Post edited by progSHELL on
  • I'm watching Veronica Mars on Netflix. It's quite enjoyable.
    Yea, it's another one of those shows, if you describe it to someone they would think it would be pretty bad, but because of great writing and a pretty great cast the show rocks.
  • I'm a season and a half behind on House, and I don't think I'll consider playing catch-up until the show is over one day and I have the option to watch it to completion. If it totally jumps the shark, I'll pass. Also, anyone else see the news that the Lisa Cuddy character is off the show now? I'm sure they can do the show without her, but it could be a stumbling point.

Game of Thrones continues to impress. Acting is awesome, and they've paced the plot across 10 episodes perfectly. I really want to know more about how non-readers of the book are holding up. There are so many concurrent plots that each episode seems to leave two out intentionally so the ones shown can advance far enough. Works great for me but can the others follow? Some of the big plot twists really started playing out this week and I wonder if they were as surprising as they were in the books.
  • Yea, it's another one of those shows, if you describe it to someone they would think it would be pretty bad, but because of great writing and a pretty great cast the show rocks.
    The plot writing is terrific. I can't wait to see how the central mystery unfolds. But the dialogue leaves a bit to be desired. I can only imagine a bunch of 40-something divorcees in a room going, "That's how kids talk these days, right?"
  • Game of Thrones continues to impress. Acting is awesome, and they've paced the plot across 10 episodes perfectly. I really want to know more about how non-readers of the book are holding up. There are so many concurrent plots that each episode seems to leave two out intentionally so the ones shown can advance far enough. Works great for me but can the others follow? Some of the big plot twists really started playing out this week and I wonder if they were as surprising as they were in the books.
    I started watching the series as a non-reader. I just bought the book 2 days ago, however, and I'm almost caught up to the show. I'm very surprised at how close the show is to the book! Of course, it has way more time than a movie, so I would expect it to be. I don't see any side plots being left out like you mention. If you mean some of the smaller scenes, well yeah, they still can't fit those in, but I think they chose well. What I'm enjoying from the book is a better look into each character's personality and background. Plus I'm finally remembering everyone's name and their overall roles. The biggest departure I've noticed so far is some of the actors don't look like or are not the same age as the characters in the book. However since the acting is great, I think that matters more.
  • I started watching the series as a non-reader.
    I have yet to watch the shows. I think I will wait until the season is over so I can watch them back-to-back. I will more than likely follow suit and start reading the books. I thought about reading them a while ago, right after I finished The Darkness That Comes Before, but got really intimidated with all the names of the families/factions in the back of the book.
  • edited May 2011
    I don't see any side plots being left out like you mention.
    Ah sorry. What I meant by that was how HBO will take a pause in certain plots for an episode, not leaving something out. They'll keep all 5 or 6 plotlines going, but leave two out each episode so that you don't get the firehose, and the remaining plots have enough screen time to have some meaningful advancement. For instance, I don't remember there being any Rob, Bran, Catelyn, or Tyrion this week.
    What I'm enjoying from the book is a better look into each character's personality and background.
    That's what sold me on the books. Martin has his issues as a writer, but he's one hell of a world builder, and I eat that stuff up. Long-winded flashbacks and conversations about fictional history? I'm in.
    Post edited by Matt on
  • edited May 2011
    I'm watching the show and I've read the books twice and every time Ned Stark is betrayed it's a heart breaker.
    Post edited by DevilUknow on
  • Breaking Bad Season 4 comes back July 17th! Hells to the yes!
  • edited June 2011
    Holy crap to the Veronica Mars season one finale from, like, seven years ago. Didn't see that one coming.
    Post edited by Jason on
  • Holy crap to the Veronica Mars season one finale from, like, seven years ago. Didn't see that one coming.
    Veronica Mars was a great little show. All 3 seasons were good, but the first was outstanding. I still wish they had picked up the Veronica Mars: FBI Agent pilot. Oh well.
  • Finally getting around to watching Sherlock.
  • Started watching Oz today. Good series so far.
  • Holy crap to the Veronica Mars season one finale from, like, seven years ago. Didn't see that one coming.
    Veronica Mars was a great little show. All 3 seasons were good, but the first was outstanding. I still wish they had picked up the Veronica Mars: FBI Agent pilot. Oh well.
    In the series finale Veronica grabs her hair and pulls. Her face is a MASK!!! She is really Bruno Mars.
  • Star Trek next gen... <_<
  • Star Trek next gen... <_<</p>
    One of us. One of us.
  • Star Trek next gen... <_<</p>
    We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.