This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What TV Shows Are You Watching?

Comments

• Breaking Bad IS Fantastic. I'd say most episodes have great, explosive moments that demand you to stare at the screen and the acting/characters constantly keep you going. A lot of people weren't into Season 2's finale, but I do think that's compensated because how Season 3 takes the issue. Season 4 is really coming strong, and I love how they are establishing the villain and his history, especially with the last episode.

I'm thinking about watching through a couple short series before the new Fall Season officially kicks off, stuff like The League and Kitchen Confidential or maybe getting around to MisFits Season 2.
  • Looking for something to get my philosophical thought-processes jump-started. Any idea?
  • The new Thundercats cartoon continues to be pretty decent.
  • edited September 2011
    ReBoot holds up shockingly well.
    Beast Wars (or Beasties if you're Canadian) also holds up surprisingly well, especially towards the end of the series. Complex characters (for a kids show), complex relationships (for a kids show), pretty good gags, ballsy permanent death (the last few episodes are a robot blood bath) and a pretty good twist mid way through the show ("Oh my god, I was wrooooong, it was Earth all alooooong).

Sure the animation doesn't hold up and it was a show about robots that turn into animals to sell toys to 10 year olds in the mid to late 90's but it was one of the best show about robots that turn into animals to sell toys to 10 year olds in the mid to late 90's that ever could be.
    Post edited by DevilUknow on
  • Batman: The Brave and the Bold was a really solid show and the last episode, Mitefall, lays out my feelings about the show really well: it was a wonderful homage to Silver Age Batman, the guy who did Batman did a damn good job and Bender made Aquaman cool (hell, top notch voice acting all around), NPH was great, Chill of the Night! could have passed for an episode of TAS (mostly) and was easily the best of the series. If the new, darker, series that's in production is that good I'll be really happy.
  • WTF? Season 4 of Boston Legal doesn't have Mark Valley (aka Buzz Lightyear) or Julie Bowen in the opening credits? DO.NOT.LIKE.

*purrs*
    *hops*
    *puts hands on thighs*
  • WTF? Season 4 of Boston Legal doesn't have Mark Valley (aka Buzz Lightyear) or Julie Bowen in the opening credits? DO.NOT.LIKE.
    Yeah, about that....
    WAIT. You started out hating Denise.
    :)
  • I just watched the whole first season of Archer.
  • edited September 2011
    I just watched the whole first season of Archer.
    This is why we can't have nice things.

Season 2 blows season 1 out of the water if only for Terms of Enrampagement.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • I just started season 2.
  • I just started season 2.
    I'm watching through season two at the moment as well, which means you have good taste.
  • Just started season one. I have the sudden urge to make Mulatto Butts my ringtone.
  • Just started season one. I have the sudden urge to make Mulatto Butts my ringtone.
    If only my cell phone didn't ring 12-15 times a day... at the office... across the hall from the publisher....
  • I have hardly ever watched anything other than cartoons, Twin peaks, Cosmos, and the food network.
  • the food network.
    IYOOOOOOON

CHEFFFFFFF!
  • I like how Pam was randomly a stoner for one episode without anyone drawing attention to it or making mention to it afterwards.
  • Watching Clone High. Less than two minutes in. I can tell this will be amazing.
  • Just finished watching the first 2 seasons of Luther (BBC Series). I definitely recommend people check it out.
    It's about a detective who tracks down serial killers. He's basically Columbo + House + Sherlock with an anger management problem.
    First Season = 6 episodes, Second = 4 episodes so it's not a big time commitment.

• Adam and I loved watching Luther. Last I read, there won't be any more seasons (series), which is disappointing.
  • Watching Clone High. Less than two minutes in. I can tell this will be amazing.
    It was.
  • edited September 2011
    the food network.
    IYOOOOOOON

CHEFFFFFFF!
    The Iron Chef America host is in the new Hawaii 5-0. I couldn't help but get excited about what the secret ingredient might be.
    Post edited by JukeBoxJosh on
  • the food network.
    IYOOOOOOON

CHEFFFFFFF!
    The Iron Chef America host is in the new Hawaii 5-0. I couldn't help but get excited about what the secret ingredient might be.
    It''s justice!
  • I started watching some of Batman: The Brave and the Bold. Good god is it hilarious. I went in expecting something like Justice League, but got astounding amounts of camp instead. "Invasion of the Secret Santas" is one of the funniest episodes of anything I've seen in a while. It has me laughing harder than Archer (which I'm also watching).
  • Community season 3 started, that is all :D
  • Finished Game of Thrones, totally awesome.
  • Finished Game of Thrones, totally awesome.
    Funny you should say that, Laura and I just finished Game of Thrones too. SOOOOO awesome.
  • edited September 2011
    So. Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends. The show Lauren Faust worked on before MLPFIM. Just watched the Pilot for it, and it was very awesome. The writing was great, the animation and cinematography was fantastic, and I really dig the art style as well.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on