This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What TV Shows Are You Watching?

Comments

• Top Gear
    Woo! Forgot how much I love this show.
  • More and more I watch less and less TV as it airs. Between downsizing at my company (less water cooler talk) and the way networks stagger their shows with breaks all over the place I am finding 'waiting for Netlfix' to be the best option for TV consumption.
  • sK0pe said:

Top Gear
    Woo! Forgot how much I love this show.

I <3 you! I forgot it was time for it to return.
  • So, I watched 8 episodes of The Ricky Gervais Show on youtube today. I enjoyed it, but it makes me wonder what Karl Pilkington is actually like. It seems to me that his show persona is about as bullshit as the stories he tells and he is a Stephen Colbert-like figure (in that he has a made up persona).
  • Ultra bummed that MY clock says 2/14/2014 and Netflix still says House of Cards Season 2 is coming February 14 instead of saying it is here. At this rate I'll go to sleep and have to watch it tomorrow night... all my sads.
  • Hey, it's been February 14 for 21 hours now where I am.
  • edited February 2014

My girlfriend and I just finished Utopia, and it was so up our alleys it's uncanny. A group of people are into a comic that might have global consequences, and there are conspiracies, spycraft, ultraviolence, and ambiguous moral choices galore. Seriously, check it out. I would say it's in my top 10 favorite TV shows, even perhaps top 5. Also, the cinematography is breathtaking.
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • Holy Crap, House of Cards, the first eps was already shocking.... 12 eps to go and people are already running to Ithaca.
  • I picked a bad time to start it with House of Cards dropping today, but I'm about halfway through Vikings on the history channel and I've been enjoying it. I'd like to believe that since it's on the history channel they've actually spent some time to research what Vikings were actually like, but I have no idea.
  • X-Post from Cooking Mama thread

The Taste. I normally dislike reality TV but this show is actually interesting, IMO.
  • edited February 2014

I'd like to believe that since it's on the history channel they've actually spent some time to research what Vikings were actually like, but I have no idea.

Seriously, the same History channel as Ancient Aliens? You think they have credibility to research things? I'm not saying it isn't well-researched, I'm just saying being on the history channel is more of a reason it isn't than a reason it is.
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • *knock*knock*

Holy shit, that was a powerful ending.
  • Yeah I just finished watching Vikings season 1 a few days ago and I really enjoyed it for what it was. I mean I get the setting and super dig the choices, but there was an overall lack of ships and raiding, I can only hope we see Vikings in Paris and the rest of England and Newfoundland in the future!

Also House of Cards! Omg how do we even discuss it? Ummm... So... I really like the theme song?! Yeah. Get's me super pumped.

Actually the song used for Vikings is a really nice choice, hope they keep that one next season. You know what show has a shitty theme? Sons of Anarchy. Also Suits' theme, tho Ima Robot is good on their own.

Speaking of SoA, In fact the whole time I kept watching Vikings I was half expecting Opie to come out and go beast mode on some Christians... Just seems like a thing that should happen.

Anyway, gonna watch the new Vikings season when I can... Pretty stoked.
  • I am going on a work trip next week (to the infamous PAX, Maryland. I hate going to the PAX that is not PAX!). Only 2 days long, but I can tell you what's happening in that hotel room:

ALL THE HOUSE OF CARDS. Episode 1 was already nuts.
  • House of Cards S2:E1 made me scream out loud. Twice.

Does that show need a dedicated thread?
  • It might.

Just finished the season. Was great. I don't know if it surpasses the first season, but it certainly doesn't fall behind I don't think.
  • House of Cards season 2 episode 1.

DUDE.
  • Finished House of Cards Season 2 DUDE.
  • Rochelle said:

House of Cards season 2 episode 1.

DUDE.

I know exactly which moment you're DUDEing about.

Dude...

• Cremlian said:

Finished House of Cards Season 2 DUDE.

Tap tap motherfucker. (not a spoiler!)
  • I've tried getting into House of Cards, but I just found it depressing to watch.
  • Rym said:

Rochelle said:

DUDE.

Dude...

Sounds like we need a Geeknights episode.
  • "Ruthless pragmatism" pretty much sums up the Underwoods so succinctly even though Frank was describing some one else.

Those cuff links and the 4th wall dialogue at the end had me.
  • Not gonna lie, I thought he had forgotten about us.
  • Nukerjsr said:

Rym said:

Rochelle said:

DUDE.

Dude...

Scott doesn't like it and probably won't watch any more than he already has.

• Boooo Scott. 3 Episode's left. That shit is happening tonight.
  • Rym said:

Nukerjsr said:

Rym said:

Rochelle said:

DUDE.

Dude...

Scott doesn't like it and probably won't watch any more than he already has.

How about you and Emily?

• Just get a different Scott to review the show :-p
  • The pig story scene was pretty awesome the more I think about it.
  • Matt said:

Boooo Scott. 3 Episode's left. That shit is happening tonight.

Same here. 3 left, but I have to wait for this weekend. :(

There's a little war going on at my place now. My SO was not interested in the show at all until the last couple of episodes. Now I have to keep pausing it to explain the connections between things.

The thing with the BBQ joint is what got her interested...