This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video Game Offers

Comments

• Well, it looks like Ubisoft isn't run by complete morons. Anno 2070 is 66% off this weekend making the base game $16.99.

Has anyone played this? If so, how is it? I've been hankering for a sim-type game lately, but don't want to go anywhere near the hot mess that is the new SimCity.
  • Tropico 4 was on sale a while back and was at last a complete package.
    Though, the roads and zoning style city builder is quite different from the place building kind.

If you're looking for something of that ilk, OpenTTD is free if you can get the graphics files from the original TTD. Do it, love the trains.
  • that anno game looks sweet every time i look at it. for $16 I'll try it out.
  • Question on the 2070 deal not having played it or the previous ones. Is the "Deep Ocean" expansion worth the extra cost?
    It's unclear how much it adds.
  • Question on the 2070 deal not having played it or the previous ones. Is the "Deep Ocean" expansion worth the extra cost?
    It's unclear how much it adds.
    I have no idea. That's why I was asking if anyone has played the game before.

• Reddit people said it added a bunch of new quests and content. But I figured if I'm still interested in playing more it'll probably be on sale by that time.
  • Highly recommend Little Inferno - It's $4 for another 34 hours from now. It's amazing satire and a beautiful (graphically and emotionally) game. If you are not Scott Rubin, you should buy this game.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/221260/
  • edited March 2013
    It's very pretty, and I may have experienced actual emotions a bit.

And yeah, Scott would fucking HATE this game. Even though you technically can click heads.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • I have grabbed this game. I'll try to play some of it before the PAX happens.
  • Backing up the Little Inferno recommendation - I'd argue it might not be worth the $10 for full price, but it is absolutely worth $4 for a simple game with a really big, really important message behind it. It's also not terribly long - Trogdor and I both bought the game yesterday and beat it within a couple hours, totally independently of each other.
  • I'll back that. It's definitely 3-4 bucks worth of entertainment, but not a tenner.
  • edited March 2013
    I'll back that. It's definitely 3-4 bucks worth of entertainment, but not a tenner.
    Because of Humble Bundles and Steam sales, I tend to feel that way about most games nowadays.

Post edited by ninjarabbi on
  • Well I bought it on peoples recommendations, beat it, and kinda have to say "meh." Not worth the time more than the money.
  • Oh yeah theres a pikachu 3DSXL coming out the 24th for anyone still holding out and it comes with the newest Mystery Dungeon game for $160 at target, and the standard 3DS will be $130, appartently. http://www.joystiq.com/2013/03/15/report-pikachu-3ds-xl-to-go-for-160-at-target-regular-3ds-13/
  • Whoa, 3DSes gettin' cheap.
  • I know, I'm hoping they still have a Pikachu one left by the time I have a job and moneys. Oh and I forgot to mention that apparently if you register a 3DSXL and the new Mystery Dungeon or Luigi's Mansion you get a download code for one of several games.
  • Sweet amazon deal for XCOM: EU. Total is 16.49 so if you don't have it, now is a good excuse to get it.
    http://www.amazon.com/XCOM-Enemy-Online-Game-Code/dp/B008ALU5KG/?tag=aniworord-20
  • edited March 2013
    Sweet amazon deal for XCOM: EU. Total is 16.49 so if you don't have it, now is a good excuse to get it.
    http://www.amazon.com/XCOM-Enemy-Online-Game-Code/dp/B008ALU5KG/?tag=aniworord-20
    Does that deal work on Steam?

Wait, never mind. I forgot I was waiting for the GOTY all-DLC edition.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Wait, never mind. I forgot I was waiting for the GOTY all-DLC edition.
    I haven't heard of any DLC for Xcom. Are you sure that exists?
  • There is one involving a Triad dude.
  • There is one that adds some armor types and one that gives you more customization options on your dudes.
  • There is one involving a Triad dude.
    Like, Wo Shing Wo, or Rise of the?
  • So I guess there are humble weekly deals now. Right now Bastion is a dollar.
  • edited March 2013
    Right now Bastion is a dollar.
    MUST BUY
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • So I guess there are humble weekly deals now. Right now Bastion is a dollar.
    As far as I can tell the $1 price is simply the minimum for a Steam key, so technically that isn't really true as (I think) you can still put in $0.00 as the amount of your choice.
  • Has anyone tried Retro City Rampage? Wondering if it's worth buying while it's on sale.
  • Has anyone tried Retro City Rampage? Wondering if it's worth buying while it's on sale.
    I own it. It is the ultimate classic GTA tribute and is a blast to play. It is SOAKED in nostalgic video game and 80s movies references; including a bunch of surprises. It is money well spent.

• edited April 2013
    Borderlands 2 + Season Pass code for $25 on Amazon for Steam. That's fucking dirt cheap all things considered. It's one day only. Worth it.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Borderlands 2 + Season Pass code for $25 on Amazon for Steam. That's fucking dirt cheap all things considered. It's one day only. Worth it.
    Gotta do some accounting, but I'm probably going to buy that.
  • edited April 2013
    Precipice of Darkness 3 is $0.99 on Steam right now.
    Post edited by Sail on