This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video Game Offers

Comments

• Short answer: Yes.
  • edited December 2013
    Starfox said:

Papers Please worth 5 bucks?

Lots of people like it. I don't think it's worth $1.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Depends on what you want from a game. It's not "fun" in the traditional sense, but I just spent four hours straight playing it.
  • As it turns out, Steam had given me a 50% off Endless Space coupon a while back for I don't know why. That stacked with the sale meant it was $3.75. I had to pull the trigger for that.
  • Starfox said:

Papers Please worth 5 bucks?

Yes.
  • I've heard enough good stuff about Guacamelee that I pulled the trigger on it without really knowing much about the game. It falls into the sub-$4 category where I'll enjoy tearing into it, like seeing a movie you don't know anything about but have heard is worth your time.
  • Yeah. It's pretty unique and awesome.
  • Starfox said:

Papers Please

Fell asleep. Didn't buy. Oh well I'll get it for a dollar next time.

• Tower Wars won the community choice vote. It will be $2. I play it sometimes with a friend. It's vs. tower defense. It is flawed, but not awful.
  • I have keys for Napoleon: Total War and Garry's Mod. Message me if you want either.
  • New Vegas is $2.50. Even at that price I don't feel super motivate to get it. Thoughts?
  • edited December 2013
    It's more Fallout 3 with some fun improvements. Worth buying if 3 wasn't enough.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • Why do I keep getting the crappiest of crap Path of Exile helmet skins when I turn in my snow globes?
  • HMTKSteve said:

Why do I keep getting the crappiest of crap Path of Exile helmet skins when I turn in my snow globes?

Don't be a fool. SELL your snowglobes for cash.
  • edited December 2013
    For a set of all ten I might get $2.00. If I can get something other than these stupid ass unsellable path of exile helmet skins I would be happy.

I did manage to get a $2.00 TF2 'not hat' item on my first trade in but ever since I keep getting the same stupid turquoise helmet skin.

I would consider spending $20 on a full set of foil cards because a foil set drops five game items but I would be very pissed if I got five more turquoise helmet skins. I know some of the rare game items are selling for $50 to hundreds of dollars.
    Post edited by HMTKSteve on
  • Good to know that the trade-ins are mostly shit. I've been selling my duplicates at a quarter a pop, but have nearly a full set and wasn't sure if it was worth the risk of crafting and potentially getting some high value free-to-play game bullshit item and selling that instead. It's not like I'm hurting for money.
  • I just sell every single trading card I get no matter what. If some doofus wants to pay real money in exchange for NOTHING, I will gladly take that real money. Valve's genius is that they take a cut on every transfer. They win either way.
  • That's just it. There are some expensive items out there that you can get from crafting the snow globe badge but for some reason I keep getting the same exact worthless item every time. Even the common TF2 item is worth something because it is TF2.
  • edited December 2013
    HMTKSteve said:

That's just it. There are some expensive items out there that you can get from crafting the snow globe badge but for some reason I keep getting the same exact worthless item every time. Even the common TF2 item is worth something because it is TF2.

You are the guy scratching off lottery tickets hoping to win. I am the guy with the bodega selling lottery tickets for $1 each.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • I don't know most of those badges go for like 0.04 cents, I'm sure things they craft into with a little trading action are probably worth more to someone lazier.
  • The snow globes are going for around 16 cents right now. I sold one before the price dropped for over 20 cents. This shit adds up. You just get the "cards" automatically while you play games. A few clicks to sell each one. I've made $5-10 ever by selling my entire inventory. That's like an entire free game just for a small amount of clicking.
  • I've sold some of my DOTA2 and CS:GO items for up to $5
  • Andrew said:

I've sold some of my DOTA2 and CS:GO items for up to $5

Yeah, I've flipped a few TF2 items for a decent price, too.

• So if you craft the badge, do you necessarily get an item for a game you own? Cause I'd hate to get a Spiral Knights item.
  • So if you craft the badge, do you necessarily get an item for a game you own? Cause I'd hate to get a Spiral Knights item.

Nope.

• edited December 2013
    This may be considered video game sacrilege but I've never bought Mass Effect 1, 2 or 3. It is supposed to be so amazing that someone who doesn't usually buy RPG video games should get it?

(For reference I have Fallout 3 and Deus Ex Human Revolution neither of which I found mind blowing).
    Apreche said:

I just sell every single trading card I get no matter what. If some doofus wants to pay real money in exchange for NOTHING, I will gladly take that real money. Valve's genius is that they take a cut on every transfer. They win either way.

Ever since Steam trading cards came into vision, I've made over $25 from selling stuff, I'm not even selling at the high initial prices, just the everyday regular prices.

All the cool rewards you get can be purchased for $0.01 - 0.09 where the cards vary in price from $0.12 - 0.25.

The only thing I've bought is a Jungle skin for my favourite CS:GO pistol because it has our national colours (green and gold) I think I ended up paying like 20c for that.
    Post edited by sK0pe on
  • sK0pe said:

This may be considered video game sacrilege but I've never bought Mass Effect 1, 2 or 3. It is supposed to be so amazing that someone who doesn't usually buy RPG video games should get it?

Eeeh. The story in number one is good, but the combat is a bit arse. Your results may vary there. In 2, the combat is improved and a lot more fluid, and the story is a notch above the first, and number three distills it down to the best elements and ties everything together from the last two games, with a neat little bow on top. People give the ending a lot of guff, but I personally don't think it's as bad as it's made out to be.

I'd say if you see it on sale for a reasonable price, you might as well give it a crack. It's not going to blow you away and change your life forever, but it's enjoyable enough for the time you spend with it, and you get what you paid for - a fun, decently written sci-fi story with aliens and the like blasting around the Galaxy in three arcs that assemble into a larger arc.
  • My two cents is I played through the first game when it first came out, liked it a decent amount. Played through the second game and hated it. I think I sold them at some point but then picked up both for $5 during some sale for the PC as well as ME3 for like $10 (which I used some Origin credit somehow I had so it was free I think). I replayed the first two and felt a little less interested in the first one but the story was still pretty solid. The second game's story was more interesting perhaps playing them back to back but I enjoyed the combat a lot more. Things were moving a lot faster. The problem may have been the first time I played a sniper class and they were super boring in the second game but worked pretty well in the first. The second time I played whatever the equivalent magic class is and it worked okay in the first game but better in the second. I started the third game but I may have been burnt out on the series by the time I got up to it because it was just not hooking me. But they refined things a lot more and seemed to make the story more of an action scifi movie.
  • Pretty good games up on Steam Sale unless you already have them all - Mark of the Ninja, XCOM Enemy Unknown, Half Life Complete, Half Life 2, Magic if you're into that.

Don't know if good - Scribblenauts Unmasked if you like Scribblenauts, Grid 2 if you like racing simulations.

I was interested in Planetary Annihilation but $40 for an alpha/beta access to an unproven game from the company who made Monday Night Combat.
  • Mark of the ninja is fucking great. GRID 2 starts strong, but gets quite boring and repetitive.