This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video Game Offers

Comments

• I'm sure most of you have it but VVVVV is 50 cents so you really have no excuse to not buy it.
  • Original Dungeon Keeper for free on GOG.com
  • Orion Dino Horde is $0.99 or 4 for $3
  • Sonic CD is the free amazon app of the day today.
  • I'm not sure how well the android version plays, but the PC remake is the shit, if just for finally having the Japanese soundtrack (except "You Can Do Anything (Toot Toot Sonic Warrior)").
  • Anyone want a 40% off Luftrausers coupon?
  • Add me on Steam.
  • Thanks for ze coupon!
  • I didn't even know Luftrausers was on Steam until I saw that coupon pop into my inventory. Adding it to my wishlist, at least.

In other deals news, Nintendo is being pretty aggressive in pushing Mario Kart 8 pre-launch. $10 money back at Best Buy if you pre-order, and then you get a free Nintendo first-party game download when you register MK8 w/ Club Nintendo. I don't have Pikmin 3, and since Nintendo games take forever to drop in value, even used, it's still a $50 game.

Even so, it's hard to justify buying those two games for $25 a piece, especially when we don't know if MK8 will be any good. It would, however, get me to use my Wii U again. Hmmm, should I be a responsible human or not.
  • If MK8 was a 3DS game and not a Wii U game, I would be all over that deal.
  • Is that offer for a 3DS download game or any (Wii-U included) download game?
  • It's Wii U games. A short list of them, but it's most of their noteworthy 1st party stuff so far.
  • I don't even know if I want to bother with the free download of a game for Mario Kart. I own all the ones worth owning on that list. Maybe Game and Wario might be worth downloading but I sorta doubt it. Or I could get Mario and Sonic Sochi olympics and shoo stray dogs out of my hotel rooms. You use the touchpad for that part.
  • Game & Wario is a fucking travesty. There are two games that are fun: one is a less-fun version of Monkey Ball, the other is a version of classic Wario Ware with some additional elements added in (you are controlling the player who is playing Wario Ware, and have to deal with shit in his world and the game world simultaneously). I got it for $10 on Black Friday and it was barely worth that.

I will probably pull the trigger on this. I have people over frequently, but there hasn't been much reason to use the Wii U for multiplayer stuff since we prefer Mario games as solo adventures, and Nintendoland got old. I also am tempted by Pikmin 3.
  • I really enjoyed Pikmin 3 but I didn't play any of the other ones. The 3 people is a neat mechanic but is kinda a pain in the ass to deal with. I just opted to take longer on each day instead of micromanage each character. I assume you've played Wind Waker before otherwise I would get that. Easily my favorite 3D Zelda game.

Also apparently there was a reporting error on Gamespots part and US only gets access to 4 out of the 10 available games for the promotion which leaves Wii Party U and fuck that dumb shit. The other 3 I already own.
  • Pikmin is the only one I do not own among the free games. I picked up the party one because it was only a few dollars more than the included controller. My old Wii was from the launch time frame so no wiimotionplus.
  • Ya'll probably already know, but hey, GoG insomnia sale. First come first serve.
  • edited May 2014
    I have two -25% coupons for Pixel Piracy on Steam. If anyone wants them hit me up on Steam.

Just got a -66% Awesomenots coupon. Do those work on 4 packs?
    Post edited by HMTKSteve on
  • Ya'll probably already know, but hey, GoG insomnia sale. First come first serve.

This sale is insane. I'm thinking that they might actually be lying about quantities available just to get you to click buy in a hurry without being able to think about it for very long.

• Banner Saga and X Rebirth in Midweek Madness. Considering both but X Rebirth, while looking cool, has reportedly been a steaming pile of shit. However part of the sale is them advertising their 2.0 patch and word is the game is playing much better now. Anyone able to verify this? Churba I'm looking at you.
  • Also $12 for FFXIV:ARR on gamestop.com. Dunno if anyone here is interested in playing at all but I like it more than basically every other MMO I've played and I'm attempting to get Fast Karate people back on board with the game. We were going strong for a while but it has petered out with the launch of DS2.
  • edited May 2014
    MATATAT said:

Banner Saga and X Rebirth in Midweek Madness. Considering both but X Rebirth, while looking cool, has reportedly been a steaming pile of shit. However part of the sale is them advertising their 2.0 patch and word is the game is playing much better now. Anyone able to verify this? Churba I'm looking at you.

Reporting in as requested - I've been putting in some time with X-rebirth - Almost all of the concerns about it being a steaming pile are pretty much fixed. There's a few remaining issues in the 2.0 patch, but that's 90% because it's a beta patch(you have to opt-in right now), 10% because some of those issues are being addressed in the near future because they're more time intensive fixes. It's more than just playable now, it's really fun - they've even added a bunch of new features, for example, you are no longer required to enter stations for a lot of tasks, they added a bunch of new commands for your fleets, new cockpits, completely re-did the highways, the list goes on.

It's also a lot easier, not in the sense of game difficulty, but in the sense that the mechanisms within the game are better designed than the absurdly obtuse shit you'd see in previous games.

I've not played the new secret service missions yet, but they're apparently pretty cool. But I have seen new ships added on an almost monthly basis, which is pretty cool, workshop support is a godsend. And holy shit, is this game pretty as hell.

I mean, the voice acting is still pants, and everything is still really, really far from everything else, but shit, that's just X games for you. But you can still name you ships with weird Culture-like naming schemes and/or just filthy jokes, so it's got that going for it.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Small correction, 2.0 is proper released. I just still have the beta version right now.
  • I fired up BF3 and I suck... High ping doesn't help.
  • If anyone is interested in the Mario Kart 8 registration code or wants me to register the game and give the download code I'll sell it for $20. The games available are New Super Mario Bros U, Wind Waker HD, Pikmin 3, or Wii Party U. If you're interested send me a PM. I'm going to put the offer up on eBay about noon PST so let me know before then. Otherwise once it's on eBay the offer is no longer valid (unless you want to bid on it). I'm also going to bump it up to $25 on eBay. I'd just rather deal with someone from the forums than eBay people.
  • I think Club Nintendo just screwed me out of my free game.

I logged in and put in my code for MK8 then it went to a 40 page. So I tried to reenter the code and it said the code had already been used yet it does not show up on my profile!!!???!!!???