This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video Game Offers

Comments

• Steam summer sale is coming. I got my first "mysterious card" last night. Immediately put on on the market for $50. Who knows, someone with more money than sense might buy it.
  • Damn that sucks. The only way they convinced me to get MK8 new was the $10 off at Best Buy plus a free game. Of course, I have had similar troubles redeeming my $10 rebate. It came as a .pdf file with a picture of a credit card that you are supposed to print out and use at a gas station. After getting in two arguments with gas station attendants who gave it one glance and said "no way we're taking this," I looked online and apparently there are no limitations on where it can be spent. Off to make a $10 Amazon purchase.
  • I sold my free game code on eBay for $25.
  • edited June 2014
    HMTKSteve said:

Steam summer sale is coming. I got my first "mysterious card" last night. Immediately put on on the market for $50. Who knows, someone with more money than sense might buy it.

My coworkers and I were actually thinking about this at lunch today. Apparently there was something that leaked within the last day or two from an indie dev asking about a spreadsheet return by June 13th. The article says an email like that leaked at Winter and the sale was a week or two afterwards. So the prediction was sometime this month perhaps.

EDIT: This is all gossip but that site reported something saying it might start on the 19th.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • GOG summer sale is pretty great.

http://www.gog.com/

Roller Coaster Tycoon 1-3 for about $9.

All the D&D RPGs for $21
  • Strike vector is evidently on my steam wish list. I don't remember how I heard about it or why I added it. Somebody help me remember? I ask because it's half off right now. Might just wait for the mega sale, not like I don't have dozens of other games to play.
  • Someone at some point on the forum said it was fun I remember but that's about it. I hear its sorta a twitch shooter style FPS although people have been reporting from the game deal subreddit that there's only like one or two active servers with a handful of people unfortunately.

Remember also there is a possibility of the Steam Summer sale happening this week so it could potentially go lower.
  • Starfox said:

Might just wait for the mega sale

• Starfox said:

just wait for the mega sale

• edited June 2014
    Steam Summer Sale will start tomorrow and last until the 30th.
    Goddamnit Valve, why do you have to do this when I have no money. Hopefully my vacation pay will be paid out soon.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • I have money, but I'm not at computer for half of the sale, if those days are correct and not just another rumor.
    I'll just have to hope that all interesting for me games are at the end of the sale.
  • Steam app bitches.
  • Cremlian said:

Steam app bitches.

• Anyone who still plays Street Fighter 4, if you have SF4 on Steam, it's only $15 for a complete upgrade to Ultra with all the costumes for 2014. That's cheaper than even anything I've seen outside of Steam which is crazy good for Australian pricing.
  • Daikatana is in the latest Humble Bundle.

John Romero's about to make you his bitch.
  • Amused that I have nearly every game in that bundle but Daikatana.
  • https://www.humblebundle.com/store

Warlock: Master of the Arcane. Game is free for the next 12 hours.

• Zelda A Link Between Worlds is $30 this week on the e shop among other cool stuff.
    nintendo.com/eshop/offers
  • Anyone want Monaco? Here is a link to a gift copy from Humble Bundle.
  • canine224 said:

Anyone want Monaco? Here is a link to a gift copy from Humble Bundle.

Cool. Thanks.
  • Tropico 3 is free for the next 15 hours.
    https://www.humblebundle.com/store
  • Pacman CE DX is on free week and is $3.39 to buy.
  • Kinda a weird deal but if you buy tickets for John Wick on Fandango you'll get a Steam key for Payday 2. They have some sort of promotional crossover.
  • MATATAT said:

Kinda a weird deal but if you buy tickets for John Wick on Fandango you'll get a Steam key for Payday 2. They have some sort of promotional crossover.

John wick is also going to be in the game, with, apparently, a new skill tree. Whole bunch of free stuff coming for PD2 this month, culminating in the Hoxton Breakout heist.

• edited October 2014
    Yeah the whole Crimefest thing is going on this week too. I also saw it was $7.50 on Amazon for a Steam key. But you might as well go to a movie and get a two for one deal. It sounds like, as dumb as the trailers make it look, the movie is actually pretty good.

Actually I've been informed its also just $7.50 on Steam itself.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • edited October 2014
    Yeah, seems that everybody's loving John Wick. RT has it at 100% with critics, and 98% with fans. Plus the massive re-work of the skill system(BTW - Wick comes with a new perk deck, not a new tree, I mixed him up with oldhox, who comes with a tree), bunch of free stuff, lots of good heists already out there, this is a good time for crime.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Fuckin' Raptor: Call of the Shadows, man! That's a game I haven't thought about in a long time.
  • Starfox said:

Fuckin' Raptor: Call of the Shadows, man! That's a game I haven't thought about in a long time.

One of my favs.
  • Walmart has 2DS for $80 today. I absolutely don't need one, but maybe someone does? That's $50 off. Pretty steep, and you can get another $5 off at Walmart if you use Amex Sync.